New TW matchmaking

Prev13
So, am I blind or there is no news about this here (for example - how it will work), but we have messege in game?
I`m not complaning about communication again, but it`s kinda weirdjuka1npasb97.png

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont really have a post about how it works now. This is intentionally done so players dont have enough information to work the system. (Not that they wont try to figure out what works best for them)
  • So they're basically removing the exploit with the current system?
  • Gannon wrote: »
    So they're basically removing the exploit with the current system?

Not sure where you got this idea from. All the announcement says is they've made changes. I think that's all we're going to get for information.
  • What exploit there is no exploit for territory wars
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Gannon wrote: »

Not sure where you got this idea from. All the announcement says is they've made changes. I think that's all we're going to get for information.

I'm assuming that was the whole point of the megathead about TW, the long awaited "improvement" to the matchmaking system. If you don't believe there's an exploit currently, you must not have looked at that thread.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Russdpipes wrote: »
    What exploit there is no exploit for territory wars

Have 5-10 guys sit out of war, your opponent total gp will less than your active gp
  • Russdpipes wrote: »

Not an exploit but They have some guilds regist only 48/50 to match with 10M lower gp guild. You know the current system is not perfect.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018

The battle exploit, the fog of war exploit, etc.

* Battle exploit = allows player to alter the values of any character, allowing even a 1 star toon to one-hit kill an entire squad

* Fog of war exploit = allows player to see all of the defenses on all of the sections (even the ones still 'locked')

Then there's "not exploits, but not playing nice" things

* Having 100-150m GP guilds, intentionally down register to qualify for < 50m GP fights (sandbag), so even with 1-2 Traya and Revan and other uber (end-game) teams on the defense, it prevents the 40m GP team from even getting through the first section essentially guaranteeing them a win.
    * In this currently matchup, my 44m GP team (qualified with 40m TW) is fighting a 115m GP team with dozens of Trayas and Revans, and we don't have a single Traya or Revan in our entire guild
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I'm assuming that was the whole point of the megathead about TW, the long awaited "improvement" to the matchmaking system. If you don't believe there's an exploit currently, you must not have looked at that thread.

Exploit? Players get banned for exploiting exploits. Sandbagging is not an exploit.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Exploit? Players get banned for exploiting exploits. Sandbagging is not an exploit.

Well that's good news, cuz I've been doing it from the start when I figured it out. Flawless victory ever time, always 50m or more difference. Lol load off my mind. Now we need to figure out the new system...

I didn't say anything about believing or not believing there was an exploit. Neither did the in game announcement. And that's the point. There are a bunch of things they could have done to improve the matchmaking that have nothing to do with the alleged exploit.
  • Fair enough. It would be nice to know what they changed. Hope that's not all the info we get
    Fair enough. It would be nice to know what they changed. Hope that's not all the info we get

Agreed.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We dont really have a post about how it works now. This is intentionally done so players dont have enough information to work the system. (Not that they wont try to figure out what works best for them)

I dont think we need all info about changes, but some pieces.. would be appreciated
    But if silence is intentional, well, i get it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not an exploit but They have some guilds regist only 48/50 to match with 10M lower gp guild. You know the current system is not perfect.

This is not true, we regularly have 46-50 players and see even matches almost all the time and even the not so even ones, are still close.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I dont think we need all info about changes, but some pieces.. would be appreciated
    But if silence is intentional, well, i get it

Any details would just shorten the path to figuring out how to work the system, there is really no need beyond the broad strokes we have already and those likely didnt change.(since they were so vague)
  • Too little too late. We are 135m gp and got matched to a guild with 198m gp.

Hopeless.

I really hope the new process eliminates this issue.
  • How do I see what GP is the other team?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • XaviWanKenobi
    78 posts Member
    edited November 2018

This is not true, we regularly have 46-50 players and see even matches almost all the time and even the not so even ones, are still close.

That’s true. You can talk about your guild, but we have faced guilds who are doing this.
    They told us.
  • is this a joke. developers are so scared of the gamers they dont even release info on updates?

common are you really going to back down and treat all us honest players like crap because of a few exploiters.

this is exactly what i have been going rampant showing people whats wrong with you guys. please stop this.

tell us what has changed and be honest regular game company for once instead of the shady business you have become
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    If the improved matchmaking doesn't lessen the amount of mismatches due to guilds signing up less than 50 participants i will consider it a fail. Whether guilds are doing so on purpose or not is irrelevant.
    Lets be honest, the majority of mismatches occur when either guild has less than 50 participants.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That’s true. You can talk about your guild, but we have faced guilds who are doing this.
    They told us.

Yes, this is true. I play 3 account. one on a guild with 186m GP, one on 176m GP last on is on 113m GP
    All are the same. Once we have 48/50 then easy game with a lower 10m GP guild. And every time we have 50/50 that is brutal. facing higher 10m GP.

Hope new system can fix this.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Hmmm GA dry run :)

• If they are really trying to fix "Sandbagging" what they should do is average a guild's gp over a month's time and lump the guilds into brackets that are +/- 2M from each other
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Also, wanted to come back and mention this cuz it's been bothering me.. Not sure why you guys use the term "sandbagging" rather than "exploit," in this case the latter is much more applicable. Just saying..
    1 : to make productive use of : UTILIZE
    2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage
    ...but it's all semantics.

* Battle exploit = allows player to alter the values of any character, allowing even a 1 star toon to one-hit kill an entire squad

* Fog of war exploit = allows player to see all of the defenses on all of the sections (even the ones still 'locked')

* Having 100-150m GP guilds, intentionally down register to qualify for < 50m GP fights (sandbag), so even with 1-2 Traya and Revan and other uber (end-game) teams on the defense, it prevents the 40m GP team from even getting through the first section essentially guaranteeing them a win.
    * In this currently matchup, my 44m GP team (qualified with 40m TW) is fighting a 115m GP team with dozens of Trayas and Revans, and we don't have a single Traya or Revan in our entire guild

Your “battle exploit” is hacking and has nothing to do with TW matchmaking. Also I have never heard of either the fog of war thing or this battle exploit.

Anecdotally, I’m in a 180m GP guild and any time someone has sat due to being on vacation or forgetting to register... we get matched up with a similar GP guild with a couple people missing as well.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Your “battle exploit” is hacking and has nothing to do with TW matchmaking. Also I have never heard of either the fog of war thing or this battle exploit.

Not sure about the fog of war, the but battle thing is just a modified APK. It's one of the main reason tournaments were so awful.
    Anecdotally, I’m in a 180m GP guild and any time someone has sat due to being on vacation or forgetting to register... we get matched up with a similar GP guild with a couple people missing as well.

This is how it *should* work, but not how it usually works. If we ever miss 1 for any reason, we always get favorable matchups. Several times in the last few weeks one or more of our guilds has been matched against sandbagging guilds.

It is fairly well known that it is a thing guilds do. By definition, it is an exploit. However, there are all kinds of excuses one could give, so you can't go banning people for it. Hopefully the change to match making renders this no longer possible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018

They told us.

But you are stating it's a fact that it always happens, and that doesnt seem to be the case.
    Also, wanted to come back and mention this cuz it's been bothering me.. Not sure why you guys use the term "sandbagging" rather than "exploit," in this case the latter is much more applicable. Just saying..

sandbagging is not a real thing. our guild tells players not to join if they arent going to be active, not to "sandbag" anything.

if only 45 players join, then you get matched to a guild of like numbers with like average gp.

the part of the equation you are missing in your thought process is you get matched based upon total gp of all characters 6000gp and above.

so if alot of people in your guild have a majority of thier gp coming from a bunch of g6 g7 and g8 toons over 6000 go. your going to get matched to some people who have more dense gp and get killed.

keep your rosters lean

sandbagging is not a real thing. our guild tells players not to join if they arent going to be active, not to "sandbag" anything.

if only 45 players join, then you get matched to a guild of like numbers with like average gp.

the part of the equation you are missing in your thought process is you get matched based upon total gp of all characters 6000gp and above.

so if alot of people in your guild have a majority of thier gp coming from a bunch of g6 g7 and g8 toons over 6000 go. your going to get matched to some people who have more dense gp and get killed.

keep your rosters lean

Almost all of this is false. I'll take you at your word that your guild has people drop if they won't be active. But the rest of it is just wrong. Matchmaking does not currently look at GP at all, or number of people that signed up.

So, while you may always happen to get paired with guilds that also are missing 4 or 5 people, that is not the norm. It is a well known tactic to either keep people out on a rotation for overall higher rewards, or to keep 2 or 3 ticket alts in the guild that don't join TW. This allows guilds to go in at 46 or 47, which usually results in a very favorable matchup for that guild. Certainly not always, but most of the time.