New tactic to stop us from getting 150 GW wins?

Honestly, GW has gotten to the point it’s not worth doing. How will I ever get to 150 wins? These are my final nodes 2 of the past 3 days. This seems like a clear, brick wall to me designed to frustrate. This is the kind of stuff that turns off “most” people from wanting to play. I understand there are some sadomaschochists who would like to beat their heads against these teams but when you can’t even really widdle their health down because of op zetas or synergy it becomes silly. 🤦🏻‍♂️m0hufepcytnq.jpeg
q8b1pmngqb8o.png

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    That zEP team can be countered quite easily. Rex lead —> enemy Vader gies first with AoE debuffs —> your whole team is at full TM.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I just want to know why you have 12,000 GW tokens. And if you have so many why aren't you done your 150 yet?
  • I see squads like that. After a quick cringe, I am almost always able to find a way to beat them.

What squads fo you have to work with?
  • No, not a "new tactic." GW has basically always been difficult. It takes good roster depth to beat it regularly, until you hit a point that you break it. But you'll be simming it long before that happens.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I see squads like that. After a quick cringe, I am almost always able to find a way to beat them.

What squads fo you have to work with?

Yep. Bastila led Jedi with GM Yoda should do some work against that FO team. And if you are fast enough could wipe some of that nightmare team out as well. Then mop up with another squad like BH or your own Empire/Sith team. If you are at the level to get those kinds of opponents you should have several squads of your own that can whittle them away.

Posting screenshots of a GW battle without the context of your account is kinda pointless. First Order are people too. Nightmare teams are people too. Without knowing what you are working with we can't tell if this is working as intended. If you are level 70 with only a couple 7 star characters and a few G8s that's probably going to fall into the broken category. If you are 85 with a bunch of your own G10/G11+ guys, probably working as intended.

Also GW complaints about synergy and zetas are nothing new, been happening since the beginning.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I just want to know why you have 12,000 GW tokens. And if you have so many why aren't you done your 150 yet?

How is this even relevant? It only takes 10 full completions to collect 12k tokens.
  • Can you post your swgoh.gg roster? and we can try and help

p.s. I strongly disagree with poster that talks about “roster depth”
    SWGOH requires focused resource management - deep rosters early on = frustration.
    It’s far better to have 3 or 4 well modded Geared teams with synergy than a deep roster.
    Phoenix, Empire, BHs and CLS requirement Rebels + Wiggs and Ackbar would be my first 4.
    Then Jedi...
    Link your roster if you can :)
  • Waqui wrote: »

How is this even relevant? It only takes 10 full completions to collect 12k tokens.

@Waqui
    More so why are they not spent? That's the relevance. That's either a pile of shard shop currency or almost half of a 7* character from the GW store. I figured the only reason in having that many stockpiled would be that most characters/ships one wanted are done in the store, which would require way more than 150 completions.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

@Waqui
    More so why are they not spent? That's the relevance. That's either a pile of shard shop currency or almost half of a 7* character from the GW store. I figured the only reason in having that many stockpiled would be that most characters/ships one wanted are done in the store, which would require way more than 150 completions.

There could be several reasons. My own guess would be, that OP saves them until he/she decides what to farm. And no, there aren't really that many must—have characters in GW store. 150 GW completions will reward tokens to buy 2250 character shards. Add more tokens for incomplete campaigns. There really isn't 7—8 must—have characters in that store.

But again: How is this relevant in any way? How is it relevant how many tokens he has on stock?

• You need to relax, it was more of a tongue-in-cheek observation regarding the OP's stockpile as it was yet another "GW is too hard thread"...
  • Can you post your swgoh.gg roster? and we can try and help

p.s. I strongly disagree with poster that talks about “roster depth”
    SWGOH requires focused resource management - deep rosters early on = frustration.
    It’s far better to have 3 or 4 well modded Geared teams with synergy than a deep roster.
    Phoenix, Empire, BHs and CLS requirement Rebels + Wiggs and Ackbar would be my first 4.
    Then Jedi...

Link your roster if you can :)

I would call that good roster depth. Not your 5 arena guys, a couple side projects, and then everyone else that you neglect.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You need to relax, it was more of a tongue-in-cheek observation regarding the OP's stockpile as it was yet another "GW is too hard thread"...

And how is the stockpile of tokens relevant to the difficulty of GW?
  • Time to move on @Waqui. Post was made in jest and I refuse to comment further on it. Suggest you do the same.