Need help with stormtrooper

Got a couple of questions I need help with .

When running stormtrooper under Gar Saxon lead if storm counters and doesn't crit the expose doesn't apply till after Gars assist, does anyone know if this is WAI.

Also my stormtrooper is at 51% defense does he benefit from the " all trooper Allie's gain 30% defense" unique
If so under gar he will have +50% from lead +200% from first unique and 30% for being a imp trooper , making + 280%.
Does that mean my 51% x 2.8 = 142% .??

All help welcome thanks in Advance.

Replies

• about the 30% defense, yes, he'll benefit himself from that bonus
    about the calculation, i think it doesn't work like that, as defense works with deminishing returns
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    about the 30% defense, yes, he'll benefit himself from that bonus
    about the calculation, i think it doesn't work like that, as defense works with deminishing returns

This.

I couldnt make out the math, but I tried to stack excessive amounts of defense on my SiT, and at the physical survivability section, I got like 6% increase..
    Not worth it.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ^^^thanks guys might just use the defense mod calculation page and put one of the mods with an extra 280% see what I get.
    ( Edit came back 79%)

Any ideas on why expose lands after Gars assist ? Would be nice to have him trigger it. Or is an assist still technically part of the original move and therefore not finished until gar finishes ?
  • Is the diminishing returns not the same as Warcraft?

Say a hit for 100 dmg...
    From 1 to 2% in armour section would reduce the hit from 99 to 98 damage.
    Not a lot.

From 98 to 99% armour would reduce hit from 2 to 1 damage. Literally half the damage taken.

So yes, the percentage doesn't go up as much but each successive percent reduces damage more than the previous one...

I don't know swgoh mechanics enough to know if it does work the same.
  • Is the diminishing returns not the same as Warcraft?

Say a hit for 100 dmg...
    From 1 to 2% in armour section would reduce the hit from 99 to 98 damage.
    Not a lot.

From 98 to 99% armour would reduce hit from 2 to 1 damage. Literally half the damage taken.

So yes, the percentage doesn't go up as much but each successive percent reduces damage more than the previous one...

I don't know swgoh mechanics enough to know if it does work the same.

The idea should be the same
    Give a toon with like 20% armor a mod with 30 defense and it will bump his armor by, lets say 6%,

Now, give that same mod to a toon with 40% armor and it will just bump by 1% or so
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • But would adding 30 defence then another 30 defence on the same char still reduce the damage by the same amount even though the armour percentage does not increase as much.

That's how Wow worked.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Armor clacluation from defense:
    Armor = (100*Defense) / [Defense+(Character_Level*7.5)]

At level 85:
    100 defense = 13.56% Armor
    200 defense = 23.88% Armor
    300 defense = 32.00% Armor
    400 defense = 38.55% Armor
    500 defense = 43.96% Armor
    600 defense = 48.48% Armor
    700 defense = 52.43% Armor
    800 defense = 55.65% Armor
    900 defense = 58.54% Armor
    1000 defense = 61.07 Armor

When a Character attacks, reduces defense by penetration rating and Armor is recalculated to mitigate damage.

As defense is not shown in stats you can use the formula to get Defense:

Defense=[Armor * (Character_level*7.5)] / (100-Armor)
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain