Can we have a 6x or even an 8x please?

13Next

Replies

• I want it faster, because many things became boring over the years, just that...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Use Traya against Bastilla teams and you won't timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.

https://youtu.be/qbwuYZWLh94

:)

Yes haha u are my hero for today positive pettiness I love it
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    #1 reason speed won't go past 4x. Base requirements to play this game would phase out electronics currently at minimum specs. If they can do 6x on the same base requirements then you might have a point.
  • Maybe we can sim the arena battles
  • gflegui wrote: »
    Maybe we can sim the arena battles

That’s a concept. Someday we’ll be able to sim everything, in which case there is no point to the game, and they call it: Sims Freeplay.
    Agreed. Been saying this for months. It’s especially bad for low level players whose only good arena team is either Phoenix or NS, and 95% of teams you get matched with are also Phoenix or NS.

It’s not fun to just time out, especially when you know you could have won if you had another minute or two.
    The problem with Phoenix / Bastilla mirror matches isn't the timeout but the DPS

Pheonix in particular doesn't have the DPS to offset the healing recovery and if you can't beat them in 4x then asking for 8x is not a solution. The problem is your team

Similarly if you are having timeout issues against Bastilla teams, just SWITCH YOUR LINEUP

build a different team to tackle Bastilla / Phoenix teams that are hard counters / provide enough DPS to prevent a timeout

Don't blame the game blame yourself for using toons that are doing bad on offense

What's your youtube channel so we can watch you destroy anything and everything in at most 2.5 minutes? I'd like to see that so I can learn how to play arena better.

Well, once I get Revan in 4 months, I'll be sure to watch this so I can beat other Revan teams. Where are your mirror match videos with Bastila jedi teams? :)
  • If you are having trouble with mirror matches, what I do is replace Jolee with Chewy and hope RNG is on my side.
  • 10x! 12x! Forget animations altogether, let's just make the game text like we're playing Zork:

You and your companions see a team of Sith. They appear to be wildly overpowered, but luckily so are you.

> use direct focus

Who do you want to use Direct Focus on?

> use direct focus on Darth Traya

Your entire team attacks Darth Traya and shrugs off her passive damage. She is gravely wounded. Darth Sion is now taunting your team to attack him.

> dispel sion

You have used the word "dispel" in a way I don't understand.

> remove sion taunt

Remove taunt with what?

...you know what, maybe this isn't the best idea either.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    10x! 12x! Forget animations altogether, let's just make the game text like we're playing Zork:

You and your companions see a team of Sith. They appear to be wildly overpowered, but luckily so are you.

> use direct focus

Who do you want to use Direct Focus on?

> use direct focus on Darth Traya

Your entire team attacks Darth Traya and shrugs off her passive damage. She is gravely wounded. Darth Sion is now taunting your team to attack him.

> dispel sion

You have used the word "dispel" in a way I don't understand.

> remove sion taunt

Remove taunt with what?

...you know what, maybe this isn't the best idea either.

Fighting Revan in arena makes me really wanna go play Zork instead, that's for sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

Well, once I get Revan in 4 months, I'll be sure to watch this so I can beat other Revan teams. Where are your mirror match videos with Bastila jedi teams? :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVS6JXvG4A

Don't forget to smash the like and subscribe button for more quality content, bud

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Sure is a lot of discussion for a simple request that no one would mind having.
    I would mind having it. The current situation is this: even though theoretically, arena fights could be done at a normal speed where I could really enjoy each single animation, I am already forced to use the 4x speed option because otherwise, I would time out. Since it was established in the game, the already increased speed is not really an option anymore, it has become necessary to use, to remain competitive. This being said, if an 8x speed option was implemented in the game, the same thing would happen over the time. So it would take away "quality of life" from my personal gaming experience. This is not just any mobile game, this is Star Wars and I want to still be able to watch and enjoy all animations in it - without getting a disadvantage from it just because other people wish to skip everything.

U could choose nt to use it. It doesnt make u not competitive if say u are clearing arena fights in 2min at 4x.

He said he would timeout many battles if he didn't go 4x. That's kind of the point of this thread (and the several others like it in the past couple of weeks). We want to "play" the game - not hit auto for the final 2 minutes (especially since it's back to being bugged and the target jumps randomly), not have to go "no animations"[...]
    This. But much more important, I wanted to state that if a new speed option was implemented into this game, soon we would have the same situation as now with the 4x speed: not using the faster speed option would make me less competitive against players who use it. Newer characters and team synergies will be adjusted by the game makers just to match the new speed option, as it always has been the case. It would only get worse overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVS6JXvG4A

Don't forget to smash the like and subscribe button for more quality content, bud

Um, I didn't say I don't have Hermit Yoda. I said I didn't have Revan. You could probably put Eeth Koth, Kit Fisto, and Ayla Secura in with Revan and he'd kick butt. Why not throw in Ughnaught for a match while you're at it. :tongue:

I was talking about Bastila (Lead, with no Revan on the team), GK, GMY, Hermit Yoda, and Ezra against another Bastila lead team (with no Revan). Hey, there's no Revan on my teams, so no Revan. By the way, I don't have Revan yet. ;-)

you're really rackin' up the videos though on your channel.
  • Battle timers need reworked to atleast 6 minutes possibly 7 with these new chars and new abilities, this hurts no one. Either you finish early and dont need the extra time or it helps you not to time out constantly. This needs changed ASAP, as I said it doesnt hurt anyone, even if you finiah your battles in 2 minutes usually you still have 10 minute cooldown so allowing 6 or 7 minute battle when needed should be allowed. It could even be added as an on screen option when low on time to pay 5 crystals for 1 more minute or something. I only suggest this because it seems EA fixes stuff when it suits their needs also instead of just ours, so there ya go EA make us use some crystals!!!! Add a 1 or 2 minute add on feature in the battle screen for a few crystals. Thanks
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I feel like the cycle will continue until they give us unlimited time in arena, and finally timeout teams will be taken down. That is the only solution.
  • Visually it is quite painful, and MSF is the example - at the fastest speed you can't tell what's happening, so it's just characters doing things that you can't see, numbers that pop up that you can't see, and then it's your turn again and you don't know what happened.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

While I agree in general, these aren't things low level players can do, which were referenced in the post you quoted. I'm over 3m GP and I'm still working on unlocking Traya, a Level 75 player isn't going to have her.
    why r u at 3 mil and still working on traya know a guy at 2 mil with trayas in arena lol

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

While I agree in general, these aren't things low level players can do, which were referenced in the post you quoted. I'm over 3m GP and I'm still working on unlocking Traya, a Level 75 player isn't going to have her.
    why r u at 3 mil and still working on traya know a guy at 2 mil with trayas in arena lol

He must have a better guild. GP gives you no advantage with Traya except for getting you into a better guild.

I’m at 2m GP and I got GK last week. All depends on the guild my friend.