Arena Takes too Long

I have seen a lot of suggestions saying that there should be 6x speed and 8x speed, mainly because of bastilla and pheonix teams. Maybe against other teams too. But I really think that a speed over 4x would make the game too laggy, or just ruin the graphics. I think that the best idea would be to increase the time of an arena match. Maybe to 7:50? Because there's not a problem with someone taking too long in a match. There's a problem with timing out. Also increased speed might mess with raids. Since more toons are being added pretty fast, there might be another team that times out. CG should really consider increasing the arena times. I dont think TW takes too long, and that shouldn't be changed.
"When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"

Replies

• Yes please...increase the time back to the original time which i think was 7 mins . With many toons now having revive capability or similar abilities, the number of times I have been timed out has increased hugely over the last couple of months.
  • Yes, revive can be very efficient, but takes way too long
  • R0LAND wrote: »
    Yes please...increase the time back to the original time which i think was 7 mins . With many toons now having revive capability or similar abilities, the number of times I have been timed out has increased hugely over the last couple of months.

Arena never ever was seven minutes, Fleet arena however, used to be seven minutes, regular arena always has been five minutes
    Yes please...increase the time back to the original time which i think was 7 mins . With many toons now having revive capability or similar abilities, the number of times I have been timed out has increased hugely over the last couple of months.

Arena never ever was seven minutes, Fleet arena however, used to be seven minutes, regular arena always has been five minutes

Ok. My bad..... been playing this game so long its turned my brain to mush
    R0LAND wrote: »

Ok. My bad..... been playing this game so long its turned my brain to mush

Turn back to the light!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • phoenix should be able to get taken down in about 2 and a half minutes.

Maybe, but high level Revan and Traya teams, with g12+ gear and 6 star mods timeout pretty regularly now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Sometimes, depending on your team's dps. I was just stating a team that I knew had lots of health recovery
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    KewlLover wrote: »
    phoenix should be able to get taken down in about 2 and a half minutes.

Sometimes, depending on your team's dps. I was just stating a team that I knew had lots of health recovery

That’s a little different than a Revan team. Revan has almost no counter team that can beat him very fast. It usually times out no matter what level you are (but as @Ultra proved, it is possible.

Phoenix is different. It can cause timeouts at a lower level. But I’m at the point where my FO team destroys them in a minute.
  • Nihion wrote: »

That’s a little different than a Revan team. Revan has almost no counter team that can beat him very fast. It usually times out no matter what level you are (but as @Ultra proved, it is possible.

Phoenix is different. It can cause timeouts at a lower level. But I’m at the point where my FO team destroys them in a minute.
    I get you. But this would affect the younglings too.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    I have seen a lot of suggestions saying that there should be 6x speed and 8x speed, mainly because of bastilla and pheonix teams. Maybe against other teams too. But I really think that a speed over 4x would make the game too laggy, or just ruin the graphics. I think that the best idea would be to increase the time of an arena match. Maybe to 7:50? Because there's not a problem with someone taking too long in a match. There's a problem with timing out. Also increased speed might mess with raids. Since more toons are being added pretty fast, there might be another team that times out. CG should really consider increasing the arena times. I dont think TW takes too long, and that shouldn't be changed.

how can you think squad arena needs longer and TW doesn't?
    TW is nothing but a whole bunch of squad arena matches. revan walls, traya walls same stuff you battle in squad arena every day.
  • They could always make arena battles be 3v3. It did wonders for fleets.......................................
  • Its funny one thread will say “im timing out,add more time” and the next day “it takes too long”
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Maybe, but high level Revan and Traya teams, with g12+ gear and 6 star mods timeout pretty regularly now.

I can't beat Revan but Traya with g12+ gear and 6 star mods takes me about two minutes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba wrote: »

how can you think squad arena needs longer and TW doesn't?
    TW is nothing but a whole bunch of squad arena matches. revan walls, traya walls same stuff you battle in squad arena every day.

If you increased time, what would be a solid defense for higher-ups?
  • RufusDogbreath
    233 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Its funny one thread will say “im timing out,add more time” and the next day “it takes too long”

What is the “it takes too long” argument? Most of the responses I see to requests for more time are simply “it can be done, just use Traya and you’ll win in 2.5 minutes.” (Like everyone has Traya on our bench and we’re too dumb to use her)

Even if CG extended the time to 7 minutes, we could still all use our Traya (lol) to win in 2.5 minutes and not take too long, or longer.

I’ve never understood how adding a minute or two actually hurts anyone or why anyone opposes this UNLESS they know their defense of arena rank is preserved in part by the time-out problem.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    UNLESS they know their defense of arena rank is preserved in part by the time-out problem.

Well, yeah, that.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Kill jolee then put it on auto. Pretty easy.
    People just need to learn you can’t win all the time.
    People invested time and money to get an edge.
    Now you want the Devs to take that edge away and give it to you.
    If I can beat those teams then so can you. It’s callled better mods and stronger toons.
    If you don’t have revan then use sith.
    Don’t have traya then use cls/chewi.
    And if you don’t have any of these teams then you probably can’t compete at the top anyway.
  • The down side is that you'd be locking your opponent out of doing their own battle for longer. Of course, that could be fixed by removing the time delay between battles. Take it out of weekly guild activities while you're at it, please.
  • I beat Revan teams in about 2 and a half minutes with my Rey team. So no issues with timing out there...
  • What I mean by 'it takes too long' is that with new revan meta you might take more then 5 mins to finish, so we need to change time. Or any other team you have problems with. I agree with rufusdogbreath, we dont all have traya sitting on our bench.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Can I see your gg @lifeisagame007 ? Would like to see your comp and mods that you're beating Revan that easily.
  • I beat Revan teams in about 2 and a half minutes with my Rey team. So no issues with timing out there...

Screenshots or it didn’t happen