I dunno how this Grand Arena will go down...

Prev1
This sounds like mini territory wars with random people. I dunno how this is going to be. Also if we have a mix of all trades with non-competitive, inactive, ultra-competitive, and semi-competitive, we're gonna have a rough time.

Replies

• It will be a big kitten show
  • I know your nervous but making threads and guessing isint really going to do anything. The only good news is that even if you lose you probably still get rewards; so let’s just wait patiently and hope it’s fun with nice prizes.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    It will be a big kitten show
    Cant wait

I’ve heard great things about CATS the broadway musical
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    A big show for kittens? Or a show for big kittens?
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    A big show for kittens? Or a show for big kittens?

It’s clearly a show about big kittens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This sounds like mini territory wars with random people. I dunno how this is going to be. Also if we have a mix of all trades with non-competitive, inactive, ultra-competitive, and semi-competitive, we're gonna have a rough time.

If it is a mini TW, which is what it sounds like, then you will not have any inactive, they wont join.

Yes this game is full of all ranges of desire to play and desire to be competitive.

The setup will help weed them out as you move through the phases. 8 random > then paired by record << that right there will be what separates semi and ultra or non.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If it is a mini TW, which is what it sounds like, then you will not have any inactive, they wont join.

Yes this game is full of all ranges of desire to play and desire to be competitive.

The setup will help weed them out as you move through the phases. 8 random > then paired by record << that right there will be what separates semi and ultra or non.

No u can still have inactives who join and dont do anything because u get rewards for losing and being in 8th placd
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

No u can still have inactives who join and dont do anything because u get rewards for losing and being in 8th placd

Well, all the better for us active players, right? Inactive players = free wins.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Well, all the better for us active players, right? Inactive players = free wins.

Considering you're not on the inactive side lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thats called a win. They are not really inactive if they joined they are just not competitive.

Thats called a win. They are not really inactive if they joined they are just not competitive.

I dont really see a point in nitpicking on definitions. To u an inactive player could be someone who has totally quit the game, but to me it is someone playing the game with really minimal effort just to collect daily rewards and clocking 2-300 raid tix a day.

It makes perfect sense for an inactive player to just join the event and collect rewards for doing nothing if he intends to come back to the game in the future. That was what i did for a period in 2016, just collecting dailies, burning a filled ebergy meter and rewards in my inbox.

Also, how is that a win?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I dont really see a point in nitpicking on definitions. To u an inactive player could be someone who has totally quit the game, but to me it is someone playing the game with really minimal effort just to collect daily rewards and clocking 2-300 raid tix a day.

It makes perfect sense for an inactive player to just join the event and collect rewards for doing nothing if he intends to come back to the game in the future. That was what i did for a period in 2016, just collecting dailies, burning a filled ebergy meter and rewards in my inbox.

Also, how is that a win?

Yes, it's just how I see it. An inactive player is not taking any action. Joining is an action, not participating after that point is just non competitive.

If they place 0 defense they get 0 points, if you place defense you get points, that's a win based 9n TW standards, which is all we have to go with at this point.
  • Yeah i'm skeptical on this mode. Of course i'll try it, but i'm not a big fan of territory wars (probably cause I don't understand it) but I only have like 3-4 teams that are decent. So it'll be hard to do defense and offense.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yeah i'm skeptical on this mode. Of course i'll try it, but i'm not a big fan of territory wars (probably cause I don't understand it) but I only have like 3-4 teams that are decent. So it'll be hard to do defense and offense.

You should get matched with people in similar position, so it's more about how smart you are with your few decent teams. Some positions will inevitably have to be filled with junk, just like in TW.

Also, how is that a win?

Yes, it's just how I see it. An inactive player is not taking any action. Joining is an action, not participating after that point is just non competitive.

If they place 0 defense they get 0 points, if you place defense you get points, that's a win based 9n TW standards, which is all we have to go with at this point.

Using your definition i don’t see why anybody would even consider that as an issue since it hasnt even been a problem in TW.

Further, what i mean is if they place 0 defenses they will lose, but overall they still gain rewards. That is a loss not a win, and since they get rewards anyway they will just join - to our benefit of course, but it’s a win win situation.
  • Guess we'll really have to see before we make judgements.
  • This sounds like mini territory wars with random people. I dunno how this is going to be.

Well, none of us know how it's going to be outside of what they told us in the Road Ahead post. It's certainly going to be like a mini-TW though because they told us it would be. From the Road Ahead post: "In the first round, you’ll be matched up against a random player from your group to essentially fight a mini-Territory War. You’ll then set up defenses to defend your own territories, as well as attack your opponent's territories in an attempt to overcome their defenses. You’ll earn banners for successfully attacking and defeating an opponent’s territory, as well as defending your own territory. At the end of the battle, whoever has earned the most banners will be the winner."
  • I think it’s a great idea. Players really enjoy PvP. I’m good with more rewards and it’s new content.

I think it’s also a step closer to us versing ppl in our guild, which is cool and asked for by a bunch.

As much as we redicule and tease, I’m happy the devs continue to deliver on new content. Idk if peeps remember the absolute lull after haat. Players were quitting out of boredom.

I think if they intergrate more bonuses like cup and others in TW and grand arena it will make it more fun.
  • Unless there is crystal rewards it will be meh

Screw crystals. I want zetas :smiley:

I was thinking a mix of both arena and TW. I’ll be happy with all of those rewards. And instead of arena tokens- prestige and credits :)
  • Here’s how it’s going to work—
    We’ll get matched up. We’ll do our fights. People will win, people will lose, everyone will get good rewards relative to where they finished.

The people who lose will say it’s because this is a whale-only cash grab bullcorn event that is broken, dumb, and rigged.

The people who win will say the format is just fine, but the rewards are garbage.

The reality will be that it’ll be moderately fun and pretty enjoyable for a laaarge portion of the players who put in an average amount of time and effort and stay the hell out of the forum and off Reddit. But the narrative will be controlled by the usual loudmouths that hate everything this game does and perception bias will be that the event was a huge failure instead of something that most people kind of liked. Book it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Deploy the ewoks

If i could sell you zetas for crystals I would...
  • If it's like TW, then the rewards even on defeat will be pretty decent, and the rewards for winning will be good enough to put in the effort, but not a big enough margin to really stress about it.

Then people will stress about it anyways.
    Still not a he.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    As long as there is no exclusive character for the winners only like there was in the tourneys, I guess I'm fine with it. Matching individual players should be easier than matching whole guilds, so hopefully there will be less kitten-ups than in TW.
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I was just thinking that as a qualifier to enter and participate in the grand arena, you will have had to earn banners in the previous TW. That would be excellent.
    As long as there is no exclusive character for the winners only like there was in the tourneys, I guess I'm fine with it. Matching individual players should be easier than matching whole guilds, so hopefully there will be less kitten-ups than in TW.

I just hope the ones with revan get matched up with each other.

At the mid levels (assuming no traya on either team) the guy with Revan would just put a Reval lead team at the front and that would hold while the opponent would deplete his roster trying to win

Actually not better will increase ur win count pushing u closer towards lossin lol