Sith Raid questions

Trying to determine how best to get ready for the heroic (guild is currently running T6) and have a few questions that I haven't been able to google solid answers for:

1: How big is the difficulty jump from T6 to heroic? It seems pretty significant from T5 --> T6 so I'm hoping it isn't too much more on top of not getting roster refreshes?

2: What is the Nightsister team people use for phases 3 and 4? I always see mention of doing ludicrous damage with them, but I can't figure out the deal. It seems to involve letting someone die under Talzin so they constantly revive/attack on basics?

3: Is G12 for everyone absolutely required? My JTR team is 2/5 (JTR herself and R2), but I haven't finished them off because they do pretty well on T6 and the gear investment from 11 to 12 is huge, particularly on Stick Rey.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• yeah you do realistically need your whole resistance team to be g12, because you need the g12 pieces like medpac for the 6k health boost, the multi tool which gives important stat boosts and health steal which you need to heal up.
    Scavenger Rey you can get by on g11 with really good mods on her.

For Sith Raid guides - you wanna watch anything by Skelturix:

You probably won't get the exact same stats as he's suggesting but as long as you follow them along, you should do pretty well.

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Trying to determine how best to get ready for the heroic (guild is currently running T6) and have a few questions that I haven't been able to google solid answers for:

1: How big is the difficulty jump from T6 to heroic? It seems pretty significant from T5 --> T6 so I'm hoping it isn't too much more on top of not getting roster refreshes?

2: What is the Nightsister team people use for phases 3 and 4? I always see mention of doing ludicrous damage with them, but I can't figure out the deal. It seems to involve letting someone die under Talzin so they constantly revive/attack on basics?

3: Is G12 for everyone absolutely required? My JTR team is 2/5 (JTR herself and R2), but I haven't finished them off because they do pretty well on T6 and the gear investment from 11 to 12 is huge, particularly on Stick Rey.

1. It's hard to compare, but it's fairly significant. The enemies are tougher, hit harder, and faster, plus each boss has a 50% chance to do a 3rd action per turn.

2. Phase 3 - Talzin zeta lead, Ventress, Zombie, Daka, Acolyte/Initiate/Spirit. Get Talzin and the optional toon die, then just keep rezzing them on ventress, daka, and zombie's basic attacks to boost Ventress damage through the roof.
    Phase 4 - Ventress zeta lead, Talzin, Daka, Zombie, Talia. Abuse the "50% turn meter when a NS drops below 100% health" mechanic with the Bonds of Weakness. Talia's basic is key - you want to keep her at 100% turn meter as much as possible, and use someone else's heal if she's only at 50%. Talzin's assist counts as a heal because it calls Talia to assist.

3. Nothing is *required* except 7 stars. The more gear your teams have, the less likely they are to die early, and the more damage they'll do. I found that resistance trooper at g12 with a multi-tool was vital to keeping him alive to enrage, although it's probably a lot easier after Nihilus was nerfed.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jkray622 wrote: »
    2. Phase 3 - Talzin zeta lead, Ventress, Zombie, Daka, Acolyte/Initiate/Spirit. Get Talzin and the optional toon die, then just keep rezzing them on ventress, daka, and zombie's basic attacks to boost Ventress damage through the roof.

So do I want to have that 5th character at a low gear level so they die ASAP, a la the old "paper zombie" strategy? My Initiate is G10-ish, whereas Spirit and Acolyte are basically ungeared (green borders).

Also, how RNG-dependent is this? I could see Talzin getting repeatedly rezzed when the sabers die and losing a lot of damage because of it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

So do I want to have that 5th character at a low gear level so they die ASAP, a la the old "paper zombie" strategy? My Initiate is G10-ish, whereas Spirit and Acolyte are basically ungeared (green borders).

Also, how RNG-dependent is this? I could see Talzin getting repeatedly rezzed when the sabers die and losing a lot of damage because of it.

I'm not an expert on "Death Storm" but I know the theories. Some players use undergeared 5th characters to make it easier to die. But that also reduces their overall damage when that toon is revived. So you have a choice to make.

This squad can be problematic to set up. You have to let your toons die twice so Zombie's Sacrifice will finish triggering, and then get exactly Talzin + 5th to die, leaving Daka, Ventress, and Zombie alive.

Once you have the setup, it's supposed to be fairly straightforward. Only use basics aimed at Traya (so the dead stay dead). Use Ventress' heal to heal (never use Daka's heal), and use Ventress' AoE attack & zombie's special to topple.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Do not use Acolyte for Deathstorm. Initiate and Spirit both debuff on basic, which grants everyone 5% extra TM from Talzin's lead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    1. There's a quite large jump from T6 to heroic — especialy now, since the boss health on T6 was reduced significantly recently. Furthermore, you can only use each toon once. You will need at least one team for each phase — and some careful planning the first few attempts until you get the raid on farm.

2. For p4 it's Asajj lead (zeta lead required. Zeta unique quite nice), MT (zeta unique helps only slightly), Daka (zeta is wasted), Zombie (g8+ with health primaries on mods or higher) and Talia. For p3 it's MT lead (lead zeta required, unique a waste), Old Daka (zeta unique is great), Asajj (zeta unique required), zombie (g11+) and then either spirit or initiate as 5th. Having low gear MT and spirit/unitiate helps a lot.

3. No, 5 x g12 is not absoloutely necessary. I never cared to take BB8 and Rey Scav. to g12 and I'm doing ok (between 5% and 8% dmg. in P1). Taking RT to g12 is not too expensive.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Scav Rey does more damage at G12, especially if you give her some of the G12 gear too. Same applies to RT. I'm doing 10-14% in P1.
  • For the dudes talking about knocking off 8% or more in a single run - can I safely assume this is with god-tier mods? Because I don't have a single mod with 20+ speed and maybe a dozen or so with more than 10.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Speed is less important for a JTR team than crit chance. Under JTR lead a crit gives a 70% chance to expose. RT gains 55% every time an enemy is exposed. JTR also gives +30% crit chance and R2 gives +10%. Get all your toons to 60% crit chance, get lots of exposes, tons of free turns for RT. In fact, RT doesn't need speed at all, mod him for crit chance, crit dam, and offense.

Looking back to when my guild was trying to start doing heroic I remember asking the same questions and I'm glad for the people that helped me back then so i will answer your questions:
    1. It is a lot harder than p6 is. Thermal detonator teams and teams that exploit deathmark don't work since the boss's tenacity is ridiculous and the health pool is so much smaller. The only team that really works consistently in P1 is JTRey, R2, BB8, RT/Rey/Hoda/Healer. The raid bosses and minions hit a lot harder, especially Sion.
    2. For P3 people use Mother Talzin zL, Assaj Ventress zU, Zombie, Daka, initiate/spirit. I don't use this team yet and actually just messed up my Chex Mix run since I was trying this team out and didn't back out in time. (My guild breaks between p2 and p3). In P4 it's AV zL, MT, Zombie, Daka, Talia. If you don't have Zombie 7* yet you can put in Initiate or Assassin in for Talzin. Whatever your best 5 are but the zeta'd lead is mandatory for good damage.
    3. If you want to have more consistent runs, not back out as much and have better damage then you need g12. Certain toons it doesn't matter as much and mods can make up for what you are lacking in gear. I can do over 5 mil in p1 and Farmboy Rey and Resistance Trooper are g11.4 and 11.5 respectively but i also have 6* mods on the other 3 and really good mods on the attackers. i still have to back out a few times. P2 is really where the gear is needed. I used to run full zetad all g12 Phoenix in P2 and Sion would one shot Kanan towards the end.

It is aggravating but is a lot of fun once you beat it regularly. I'd work on one team at a time and get them g12 with the zetas needed. Make sure people don't do their run and post losuy scores. 25 people need to do 4% in P1 to take it down. If they can't get it have them use their squad in P2 or P4. We posted the recommended squads as templates on swgoh.gg and would see what everyone had. That's well worth it.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi