Looking for server mates, top as of now: Chris, Lohr, some Eastern European name I think,

Names Nutteralex I'm top 10 right now.

Replies

• Options
    I'm Rhil Margos in game. I take 1st at payout in my time zone (MST), but I let my rank fall between payouts so you may or may not notice me. Players from our shard aren't active on the forums, I've only seen one other guy on here (Lohr) but he's only made three posts. There's very little arena competition at payout for me, what zone are you in and how active is it? I've noticed 'Chris' is usually sitting at rank 1 throughout the day but it doesn't seem like he regularly finishes first at any of the payout times. We don't really have any whales here either which seems weird to me...
  • Options
    Hello. 'Chris' here. This is my first post! But have spent reading the forum and had to join because I wanted to know the outcome of the polls.

I live in Sweden so thats probably why we don't compete. There seems to be little if any competition at GMT+1. Perhaps tempting fate now!

I think it's interesting despite lots of complaining about Dooku the majority of our server has stuck with QGJ at lead aside from myself!

Have you ever played my team? I always wonder what it would be like and wish you could see stats for a defensive record.
  • Options
    Hey Chris, I play against you pretty regularly. I actually made a post about playing you a month or so ago: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14114/to-chris-on-my-server-lvl-70#latest

I had a hard time against you when you were running phasma as lead. For some reason you often had crazy rng. Phasma's leader ability would trigger more often than usual and usually called daka assists which usually stunned, daka double stunned often, characters would revive multiple times in a row from daka's PASSIVE, you name it. For a while I probably lost to your defense 30% of the time. I never lost to anyone else on our shard. Since you changed to Dooku I don't have any issues when I play against you and the rng is normal.

Regarding dooku led squads on our server, currently 8/10 top ten teams are Dooku led compared to only 1/10 qgj. That's how it's been for the last couple weeks.

Your arena payout happens at the same time my day resets lol. It's good to know when our top players arena payout is so we don't accidentally block each other.
  • Options
    I'm thinking maybe we're not on the same server now! I've never used Phasma lead (mines still 6S and ungeared) and I double checked and most of my server still runs a QGJ lead.

I guess it was just a coincidence someone has the same name as you and I run generally near the top of my server which made me think we shared.
  • Options
    That's strange. The Chris on my server currently runs dooku (L), daka, sid, fotp, gs. What about you?
  • Options
    I'm currently using Dooku (L), Daka, Rey, RG and GS. For a brief time this afternoon I tried Sid (L), RG, Rey, GS and FOTP. Seemed to be drop rankings however so have reverted back while I consider other options.
  • Options
    Currently the top 10 on my shard:

Chris (dooku)
    Raxle Alucard (dooku)
    Chosen (qgj)
    Arches (dooku)
    Coots (dooku)
    MasterIanG (dooku)
    RunningMoon (dooku)
    Raiders (dooku)
    Kunkers (dooku)
    Lohr (qgj)

People really hit the Dooku bandwagon hard and fast :/

Does that look like your shard?
  • Nikademus
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello! Yes, that's my shard! I searched for runningmoon and I found him due to the post of k2solbri. Thanks!

I'm Mol Eliza Nika Demus. I got stuck with the initial name as I didn't know you can't change it later... At least I got the last part unique. Someone remember Phantasie III? I played it on the Amiga in the 80ies. Hence Nikademus ;-)
    Today I finished number 2, by taking Chris' place. Sorry Chris!

I quite like our server, I'm almost F2P, I only bought the 100 shards per day pack. There are whales, but not too many. And those are doable. At the moment everyone in the top 20 can beateveryone. Let's see if that still holds after the raise of the level cap.

I'm the guy who sometimes run Asajji Ventress in the team as the only one in the top 100. My current setup is Dooku, GS, Daka, Lumi, Poogle. all 7 star and L8 gear, except of Dooku who is 6 star. I used have Phasma as lead, and Sid or Asajj before today instead of poogle. I got Poogle to 7 star today and had a very good run with him. I finished only once at 1, today is the third time in the top 5. It's great to collect so many shards!

Somehow I'm the only one having Daka in the top 10, I wonder why? Haven't you starred her to 7 star? She's very feasible with her stun and occasional revive. Any opinions here from people from my shard?

I'm in Shanghai at the moment, that's why i go to bed 1am after Galaxy Wars. The game is too addictive! Where are you guys a located?
  • Options
    @Nutteralex you're on top of my allies list, so I guess we are allies since almost day 1! Hello!
    @Rhil Margos: I think I fought you several times, or maybe I avoided you several times? What team are you running?
  • Options
    Hey nikademus, I just replied to you in another thread as well. I got stuck with a default name as well (rhil margos). A lot of people in my payout time zone run daka, myself included. I am running qgj (lead), gs, yoda, luminara, and daka. I switch around the last two slots with dooku and/or Sid depending on enemy team comp. Daka is the only factor that can cause problems for me, on occasion an enemy daka will hit a string of rng events and cause me to lose. On offense she can guarantee wins when she lands early stuns especially with a double stun blowout. She isn't as good against the current influx of bandwagon dooku led teams though as her attack can trigger dooku's offense up buff on multiple enemies.
  • Options
    Also I'm from Utah USA.
  • Nikademus
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ah, you're right, your team is not very defensive. QGJ teams without taunt and without Daka are my preferred teams to attack. Reasons:
    1. With Dooku I stun the appropriate Jedi
    2. A taunt would deter me from attacking as DPS characters would just let my tactics falter. RG>Poe>Han.
    3. Opponent's Daka has the potential of stunning my lumi or gs

But, your Yoda makes it potentially difficult for me. I always try to get rid of Yoda first, then whoever has least energy, I.e. Which character attacked my Dooku, reducing its own health. So you're my actually my second choice to attack after any team without taunt and without Yoda or Rey.

On offense my Daka is still good, in defence I think it stops not so experienced players from attacking me. And you're right about the offence up.
    I sometimes use Ventress as she dispels all the Phasma, Poogle, QGJ and Dooku buffs. According to most opinions on forum she is not so good on defence. That was correct until recently. For whatever reason I didn't drop a lot when I had her in my defensive team. I suspect people don't know how to estimate her, I'm the only guy in the top 100 having her in the team in case I forget to switch her out in my last battle.
  • Options
    As it stands right now there is no such thing as defense. With the meta the way it is and the ai controlling player defense it's a nonfactor, no one is losing when on offense. It's therefore detrimental to put any focus into defense as it takes away from your offense. There's an argument that psychologically potential opponents may avoid attacking you if your team looks super menacing. It's fun to think about the defense aspect especially since you aren't able to see it. I wish it played a bigger role in arena too, but I think that's what they are trying to make happen with the latest changes.

Hopefully we have some good matches against each other at 80 and if defense plays a bigger role we can give each other feedback about our comps. I will have Poe, royal guard, yoda, and st han maxed when i hit 80 so watch out!
  • Nikademus
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm terrified! But by then I'll have a 80 GS, Poogle and Rey. So I'll turn off your RG within one turn! ;-)

I also believe that offense is the only way to go, I definitely can see the density of Poe teams getting lower on higher ranks.

It's so good to talk to someone on my server! I'd wish they had a chat function in game. Add me as an ally! 133-395-513
  • k2solbri
    55 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nikademus wrote: »
    I'm terrified! But by then I'll have a 80 GS, Poogle and Rey. So I'll turn off your RG within one turn! ;-)

I also believe that offense is the only way to go, I definitely can see the density of Poe teams getting lower on higher ranks.

It's so good to talk to someone on my server! I'd wish they had a chat function in game. Add me as an ally! 133-395-513

Ya definitely, I've been trying to find players from our server on the forums for the last month without any luck.

I'm kind of like you, I don't have a ton of maxed characters sitting around so if the meta takes another drastic shift to something like bruiser comps or tribal synergies it will take me a while to catch up. I got lucky with the current speed meta because I had already been farming those chars and had a head start.

I added you to my list, send me a message if you need a certain leader to borrow for the upcoming light/dark battles.

edit: Also I can't decide what cantina battles to farm next. I already have these guys maxed: Geo Soldier, JC, IG-86, Dooku, and Barriss. That leaves Kylo, Old Ben, Lando, Chirpa and Luke as options. I've always really wanted a maxed Lando but I have no idea what he's going to be like at 80, who would you pick?
  • Options
    I am going to have the same problem after I finished farming Dooku, then JC and Barris. Luke is kind of like Rey, Old Ben must be a very tactical toon by surpassing abilities. Actually you may want Old Ben on a low level so they kill him off and it activate all the power ups, but then nobody would do that but the AI. Kylo I stopped farming at five star, I can't see him going to be better than any other toon I have now. I always kill the opponents Kylo last, so he could do some damage while he's alive. Lando must be cool with the random stuff. But it might be a paper tiger. I can't see Chirpa as I am farming Ewoks with only one node for months already without getting anywhere....

For me: Kylo, then Lando, maybe Luke. I read in some forum rumour entries they might improve first order, so....