Marquees now Require Level 60??

Is there a reason that marquee character events now require level 60?? As far as I know they were always level 20 required until the most recent 4. It doesn't have an effect on me but I am sure there are many new players who will miss out because they aren't high enough.

Replies

• Probably as a way to prevent people trying to game new accounts. We've all seen the threads about new arenas having full Raid reward characters. Just a guess.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Probably as a way to prevent people trying to game new accounts. We've all seen the threads about new arenas having full Raid reward characters. Just a guess.

Make it level 30 and problem solved and it isn't that much longer to level normally from 20 to 30.
  • 0 to 60 isnt too significant, maybe a couple weeks? Doesn't seem particularly unfair to me.
  • 0 to 60 isnt too significant, maybe a couple weeks? Doesn't seem particularly unfair to me.

Punishing a new player who is actually playing the game properly because a few jerks are gaming the system seems a bit unfair to me. Again, changing the marquee system to level 30 gets rid of that possibility without much to harm new players.

The difference between 20 and 30 is a couple days. Going from 20 to 60 is a couple weeks, and would be longer for more casual types.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I actually think it's probably a good move. While I don't use the account anymore, I sat at a low level prior to being put into squad arena and collected characters to give me a free advantage. I think I even did it with Nest but it's too much work to play 2 accounts.

You are probably right about that. I am just wondering why they did it on the sly rather than make an announcement. Jango was level 20, but that was the last one.

My son tells me on his phone he missed Fallen Bastila and Canderous and now will miss Juhani and Carth(his acct is 53, won't make it in time). Got his phone a couple days before the previous marquees.

• Can they still purchase the packs? If so its not stopping anything except free to play from getting a head start on characters.
  • Update info says packs are available for level 60+.