F2P Rebel Arena Team

Phipps
1107 posts Member
So I finally got my Rebel team to a point where I could try them out in Arena.
I take top 5 in Arena everyday with my 'normal' arena team; however, using the same team everyday and playing against the same teams everyday gets very boring.

My Current Rebel lineup is;
AA 7* Leader (Gear 8) Max Abilities
Biggs 7* (Gear 8) Max Abilities
Luke 7* (Gear 8) Max Abilities
HRS 6* (Gear 8) Max Abilities (45/100)

Today I ran this team with my max GS and was honestly slightly disappointed with the teams damage output (although I am use to my Poggle Buff, everyone dies squad). I was still able to win the majority of the fights against top 15 Arena teams (the losses were probably my fault as I am still learning how to use the characters), however the speed of the team still seems to be lacking. I am currently working on Han...I have him at 5* and Gear 7 at the moment. I assume that putting Han in for GS will create more turns and help the team out as a whole.

My real fear with this squad is that everyone is going to attack them. I know that AA is terrible on defense, and more importantly, I assume that everyone is going to attack me because they have never faced a Rebel Squad and simply want to see what it's like fighting them(I would attack them for this reason alone myself).

Over the next 2 weeks while I am still maxing out Han and 7* HRS I plan to run this squad and try them with a max GS, Poggle, or Lumi so see which character works best with them. Once Han is complete I will see how well the full F2P Rebel Team can compete in top arena.

My prediction is that they will be able to beat any team, however on defense they will most likely drop more spots then typical simply because its something new for people to fight.

Replies

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Biggs and Luke are still too slow for the current meta, even with aa speed increase. I know you stated f2p, but right now I don't think rebel is viable without Leia. Also Han seems to be pretty important with all his turn meter manip and taunt.

My plan is to run AA, Leia, Han, HRS and a non Rebel til another rebel comes out or the meta changes.

GS, QGJ, Phas, Sid or Dooku seem to be good options for that fifth spot
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I agree leia is what would really bring a full rebel team into a top tier squad. THAT, or if we can get a lightsaber wielding Luke
    IMO when that Luke does come out his passive ability should be granting his allies a ridiculous amount of Tenacity....much like the current Luke but he shouldn't have to be leader
  • I have a semi-rebel team that I like a lot...still newish to game though so gear and player level are a bit low but so far have had good success with this lineup. Currently always hovering around rank #100...but my players are all only level 61.
    • Lando lead: 6*, gear lvl 7
    • Leia: 7*, gear lvl 7
    • Ahkbar: 5*, gear lvl 7
    • Sun Fac: 7*, gear lvl 7
    • Luminara: 6*, gear lvl 7

Anyone have ideas to improve squad? Sun Fac has some killer health and taunt, plus the ability to revive his own health with his basic and special attacks <3
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Lando works well with Ackbar. Save Lando's AoE for after AA's "back to back" special. AA will cast it, hope for a good assist from HRS. Then let Lando land AoE, get at least 2 crits, and then AoE again at double damage. Hope for another 2 crits for the next turn.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    I run AA L, st han, lando, hrsc and gs and I do quite well. Sometimes I stick rg in there. When leia comes to arena shipments she will be there and I will have a full rebel team.
    I have biggs at a usable lvl but he isn't any good for arena. Don't have luke. Herd good thing about G11 luke but every toon is good at G11
  • Leia should be huge for Rebel teams. Luke and HRS both have critical-dependent abilities, and Leia provides a crit chance up buff.