What is wrong with fleet arena

2Next

Replies

• KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kokie wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Well done EA! Making the already overpowered Genosian ships even more powerful (Sun Fac ignoring taunt anyone?!?!)

This is getting ridiculous.

Geonosian ships are my favorite opponent......usually a 1min win

What ships do you use?

And Sun Fac ignoring taunt when coming in as reinforcement is happening
  • Target Sun Fac with Silencer. Stun him. Vader hits him. Biggs assist attack. Usually dead or close to it. Tarkin's Ion Cannon kills him if he wasn't dead already. Go to next target, repeat. Call in KRCS, pass advantage to Kylo. Watch him one shot any ship on the field.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Well done EA! Making the already overpowered Genosian ships even more powerful (Sun Fac ignoring taunt anyone?!?!)

What ships do you use?

I use ht, tie advance, slave 1 to open then xb, ig2000, cassian's uwing, ahsoka, and ghost for reinforcements....home one capital
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »

What ships do you use?

Whose taunt are you talking about being ignored here?

Sun Fac bypasses (but not ignores!) any reactive taunt when his ship enters the field. The only one that comes to my mind immediately is Sun Fac's own taunt, so I'll use that for this example. Sun Fac checks if the active opponent is buffed or not at the start of the turn, if they are then he'll taunt and get his other benefits; if they aren't, nothing happens. The start of the turn is your capital ship's action and capital ships can't be buffed, so Sun Fac doesn't taunt and you're free to target whoever you want. Then you pick "Reinforce" as the capital ship's action, pick Sun Fac, he enters the board, you're still targeting whoever you want, and his reinforce-Stun triggers, then he gets whatever buff the capital ship gives (Advantage, Retribution, Crit Up, Valor, whatever), and THEN Sun Fac's turn starts and the Sun Fac already on the board checks for buffs.

You can check this yourself. Start with your Sun Fac on the board, and bring Biggs (with his reinforcement ability maxed out) out from reinforcements. The AI will always bring Sun Fac first, which will stun Biggs 100% of the time (the AI is forced to target him because he's taunting) and then their Sun Fac will use their special to stun your Sun Fac 100% of the time (again, the AI is forced to target him beause now HE'S taunting, but he wasn't taunting when the enemy capital ship took the Reinforce action).

Timing on this game is very much like Magic: the Gathering. An effect goes on the chain, and unless it's countered or fizzles it will always go off, even if a later effect makes the initial target invalid. Start of Turn --> Reinforce --> Reinforce ability --> start of turn (ie: Sun Fac's taunt) --> New ship takes action.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

What ships do you use?

Sun Fac bypasses (but not ignores!) any reactive taunt when his ship enters the field. The only one that comes to my mind immediately is Sun Fac's own taunt, so I'll use that for this example. Sun Fac checks if the active opponent is buffed or not at the start of the turn, if they are then he'll taunt and get his other benefits; if they aren't, nothing happens. The start of the turn is your capital ship's action and capital ships can't be buffed, so Sun Fac doesn't taunt and you're free to target whoever you want. Then you pick "Reinforce" as the capital ship's action, pick Sun Fac, he enters the board, you're still targeting whoever you want, and his reinforce-Stun triggers, then he gets whatever buff the capital ship gives (Advantage, Retribution, Crit Up, Valor, whatever), and THEN Sun Fac's turn starts and the Sun Fac already on the board checks for buffs.

You can check this yourself. Start with your Sun Fac on the board, and bring Biggs (with his reinforcement ability maxed out) out from reinforcements. The AI will always bring Sun Fac first, which will stun Biggs 100% of the time (the AI is forced to target him because he's taunting) and then their Sun Fac will use their special to stun your Sun Fac 100% of the time (again, the AI is forced to target him beause now HE'S taunting, but he wasn't taunting when the enemy capital ship took the Reinforce action).

Timing on this game is very much like Magic: the Gathering. An effect goes on the chain, and unless it's countered or fizzles it will always go off, even if a later effect makes the initial target invalid. Start of Turn --> Reinforce --> Reinforce ability --> start of turn (ie: Sun Fac's taunt) --> New ship takes action.

My HT taunts (with breach). Sun Fac comes in as reinforcement and ignores HT taunt targeting my KRS destroying it with the other Genosian ships assisting. Happened 3 times to me already.

But I am sure somebody will tell me I just didn’t understand how fleet arena works...
    NicWester wrote: »

What ships do you use?

My HT taunts (with breach). Sun Fac comes in as reinforcement and ignores HT taunt targeting my KRS destroying it with the other Genosian ships assisting. Happened 3 times to me already.

But I am sure somebody will tell me I just didn’t understand how fleet arena works...

It's not sun fac reinforcing. It's Geo Spy. Read his reinforcement
    Well...… Because you don't.
    Sun Fac can't call assists. Meanwhile, Geonosian Spy has an ability that calls all Geonosian allies to assist him, and his reinforcement ability is to GIVE the target a Taunt buff and then to cause another random enemy to taunt as well.

So the Spy comes in, Hound's Tooth gains a taunt, which he already has, and then a random ship of yours also taunts (it can hit ships in stealth, which will bring them out of stealth) and then the Spy uses its group assist to swarm the weaker of the two taunting ships.

You've got to read every ability every time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Video citation needed.

Still waiting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • That’s not what’s happening. Next time I’ll make a screenshot. There is actually a red taunt symbol appearing on my HT next to the green taunt.

And it’s definitely Sun Fac reinforcement (with geo spy and geo soldier present
  • Geo Spy’s reinforcement ability inflicts a red taunt when he reinforces.
    That’s not what’s happening. Next time I’ll make a screenshot. There is actually a red taunt symbol appearing on my HT next to the green taunt.

Yes. That's Geo Spy's reinforcement ability - inflict a taunt debuff on the targeted ship (Hound's Tooth) and a random other ship. Sun Fac's is an irresistible stun.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    That’s not what’s happening. Next time I’ll make a screenshot. There is actually a red taunt symbol appearing on my HT next to the green taunt.

The red taunt symbol comes from Spy's reinforcement, not Sun Fac.

EDIT: As was also pointed out immediately above my post lol.
  • Here's what I've garnered from a quick perusal of this thread:

99% of fleet arena complaints result from people not bothering to read ability text.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Here's what I've garnered from a quick perusal of this thread:

99% of fleet arena complaints result from people not bothering to read ability text.

You can delete "fleet arena" from your post and apply it site-wide.
  • I could have sworn it was Sun Fac reinforcing...But luckily we have so many smart people on this forum....
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    You're welcome.