MK 5 A/KT Stun Gun (old topic, constant problem)

I know this is an old/constant topic, but continued conversation may provoke action.

The crunch and accessibility of MK 5 A/KT Stun Gun Prototypes needs to be addressed.

At my last count (via swgoh.gg), in the course of the game, to fully G12 all toons (which is Kraken level I understand), a person needs 273 fully crafted MK 5 Stun Guns (between MK5 and MK6 Stun Guns).

I have been playing this game daily since December 2015. At my current state, I still need 213 fully crafted MK5 Stun Guns.

It is hard to get excited about new characters coming to the game when all it means to me is more high-level gear that will take forever to farm (after taking forever to farm the new character on a single 20 energy hard node …).

We need a better way to get this gear or have it show up in shard shop more consistently and added to the guild store. I’m not saying the crunch needs to be removed, just lessened. As the influx of characters continues, the crunch for gear gets more severe.

One quick suggestion is to add a fully crafted MK 5 Stun Gun to the final slot of daily login rewards. The Zetas have been a much-welcomed addition. This would be another motivation/reward to have people play every day.

If they had been in the daily logins since the launch of the game, I would still need 177 of them - so it doesn’t remove the crunch, just helps morale.

I know this topic has been beaten to death … but it’s because it needs attention.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Does it?

If you didn't have to make choices there'd be nothing to do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If you didn't have to make choices there'd be nothing to do.

There are already a plethora of choices to be made in this game. At times, it feels like the choices are being shaped for you if you want to be competitive in arena or a good guild member. The overwhelming need for certain pieces of gear, this one in particular, almost locks down who is worth giving it to (the current meta or raid relevant toons). Again, another choice to be made.

This, in my opinion, limits the exploration into non-meta squads. It would be nice to be able to play around with some random characters without paying the price of falling behind.

As I stated:
    I’m not saying the crunch needs to be removed, just lessened.

• I don't understand why they can't be added to a challenge. We have the ability to farm carbanti's. Why not stun guns? It's very frustrating. Maybe we all should open a missing content case everyday till they get the hint.
  • A new tier for each challenge day that includes:

STR - Mk 5 Stun Gun
    AGI - Mk 3 Stun Cuff
    TAC - Mk 7 Bio Implant
  • This is why I am not moving forward to relics. I do not have the resources for the lower gears let alone gear 13. I am helping my guild get Traya and then most likely will stop playing. Just my choice though not going to complain. Tired of grinding is all.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.