Matchmaking update? A lie?

2Next

Replies

• All the reports of mismatches I've seen so far are based on average player GP. So far every match has been very close in overall GP.

If I were designing the algorithm, I would try to use the following variables:
    1. Active (i.e. signed up) GP
    2. Average player GP
    3. Number of Trayas
    4. Number of Revans
    5. Guild's win/loss record in the last 3-4 TWs.
    6. Number of zetas in registered players

(Not necessarily in that order, just what I consider to be the primary indicators of effectiveness.)
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    My guild has decided collectively to essentially boycott tws. We will each place one team on defense so we count and leave it at that. We will take our two zetas and leave it. Why bother putting in any effort when cg/EA won't do the same

We almost boycotted twars, until we remembered we aussie. But at 60mill gp, we dont have 1 traya, or cls, or revan, and enfys nest can stop our entire guild. Why does EA keep matching us with guilds that do. Our guild now has to clear their throats b4 mentioning EA. It leaves a nasty taste, and game is not fun anymore. It is a burden.
  • Dont get me wrong, our guild loves twars, so much so that there is discord in the ranks about mass deleting the game when twars is laid to rest in january.
    Matchmaking has to be random and unfair for any guild to achieve title of general. EA built it into the game, now they trying to make it so fair, that that acievment impossible barring enemy boycot. We set no def one match to wipe enemy map, but they had CLS's and revans, and trayas. Can u please contact my guild and convince them not to delete game because of no twars. matchmaking is here nor there, u win some, u loose some, but no twars, means its just a boring slog of raids and dailies.
    My guild: terra australis.