We seriously need a guild rules screen

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Lio wrote: »
    I think that'd be a cool new feature. I think that, in general, there are too few resources for guild management. It'd be nice to see, for example, contributions over the span of week, send direct messages/notifications to those members that haven't yet joined a TW or raid, and (as you suggested) have the guild rules easily accessible somewhere as a message template or something like that.

Love it. Also how about a flag on a player saying "chat blocked"
  • Options
    I try to see both sides of this issue, but honestly, booting people for not answering is just not acceptable. That said, the blame is on the game, and the guild interface which is so rudimentary it's barely useable. It's the focus of daily endeavors in game. It crashes the game so often when adding brown bar messages I have to wonder how it made it out of alpha testing. To be fair I do not blame the developers. I know all to well how EA is and how "being ready" is not relevant to them. EARN, EARN, EARN, can't earn? Burn it down, buy another IP rinse and repeat.

Why is booting people for not responding unacceptable?...... If you have a member that constantly breaks rules and doesn't respond, why would you keep them around at the expense of your other members?.... A few things to think about:

1- Every non minor sees chat, it can't be disabled

2- Every member with an actual name (not mol Eliza etc) is a non minor

3- Keeping bad members is what causes good members to leave
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I try to see both sides of this issue, but honestly, booting people for not answering is just not acceptable. That said, the blame is on the game, and the guild interface which is so rudimentary it's barely useable. It's the focus of daily endeavors in game. It crashes the game so often when adding brown bar messages I have to wonder how it made it out of alpha testing. To be fair I do not blame the developers. I know all to well how EA is and how "being ready" is not relevant to them. EARN, EARN, EARN, can't earn? Burn it down, buy another IP rinse and repeat.

Why is booting people for not responding unacceptable?...... If you have a member that constantly breaks rules and doesn't respond, why would you keep them around at the expense of your other members?.... A few things to think about:

You're wrong. Underage does not see the chat.
  • Options

He said every NON minor, as in adult, or over the age account. . .
  • Options

This will also lead to them not seeing a guild rules screen. The rules screen would have to be preset messages and approved by CG to prevent off color content. If they cant see chat ,they wont see the rules for all the same reasons.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

This will also lead to them not seeing a guild rules screen. The rules screen would have to be preset messages and approved by CG to prevent off color content. If they cant see chat ,they wont see the rules for all the same reasons.

Only if it is under the same system. If it is part of guild recruitment it will be visible.

He said every NON minor, as in adult, or over the age account. . .

Sorry misread.
  • Options
    Insight to me, I have no patience for arguing. I stated my point, hopefully it will be considered. Thanks All!
  • Options
    I just dont see what would prevent inappropriate text to be put into it. I also want everyone to communicate within the game.
  • Options
    Insight to me, I have no patience for arguing. I stated my point, hopefully it will be considered. Thanks All!

Do the want to argue my friend..... Just pointing out where folks see and don't see what is in chat.....

My personal experience is that we boot non responders (that have the ability to respond) and keeps the doers happy......
  • Options
    Why would any leader in game NOT want a rules screen?

Because for the longest time Discord/Line has been the solution to the lack of communication tools in the game. For me when a new recruit comes on he is immediately given the Discord address. Its in the guild description for us that its mandatory. And then I give roughly 24 hours for that member to do just that. Its a test to see if they can follow directions which any guild worth a kitten needs to have. If they join okay on to the next step of reading the rules (in a separate channel discretely called “Rules” where there are zero conversations). No muss and no fuss. For the ones that dont speak a word and dont get on the Discord train the door they are shown. Call it unfair or whatever you want I dont have the time to try and communicate with someone who cant even use the simple guild chat function. I will take the low GP player who communicates and wants to learn versus a bloated GP rock who cant even say hello in game.

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Why would any leader in game NOT want a rules screen?

Because for the longest time Discord/Line has been the solution to the lack of communication tools in the game. For me when a new recruit comes on he is immediately given the Discord address. Its in the guild description for us that its mandatory. And then I give roughly 24 hours for that member to do just that. Its a test to see if they can follow directions which any guild worth a kitten needs to have. If they join okay on to the next step of reading the rules (in a separate channel discretely called “Rules” where there are zero conversations). No muss and no fuss. For the ones that dont speak a word and dont get on the Discord train the door they are shown. Call it unfair or whatever you want I dont have the time to try and communicate with someone who cant even use the simple guild chat function. I will take the low GP player who communicates and wants to learn versus a bloated GP rock who cant even say hello in game.

I agree 100%. I do the same exact thing with my guild.
    I just whinged about this in a separate post but the new portraits have made things even harder due to the removal of all player lvl display. There's no way to even tell what lvl a guild member is anymore. For a game so heavily centered around "Guild" function the in game guild management tools are pretty poor. I have tried putting guild rules in a separate channel in the game chat but the chat gets deleted constantly so its just a waste of time.
  • Options
    V0id wrote: »
    There's no way to even tell what lvl a guild member is anymore.

click Manage / change tab to player level

Everything else you said is bang on the money. The in game communication tools are not fit for purpose.

• Options
    Updated OP with an example. @BubbaFett we're good I meant arguing in general. Laters!
  • Options
    @DuneSeaFarmer Now that is a good idea..... A "terms of service" type deal you have to agree to upon joining makes a lot of sense..... Being able to access it afterwards in the guild room would be even better..
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Ilya wrote: »
    External hyperlink serves good.
    What we really need - is a tools to motivate lazy guild members (except kick button).
    Like ability to rearrange raid prizes manually or restricted access to easy raids for those, who skipped the harder ones.

Run. Is the only suggestion I have for your members.

Well... it could save me from having to kicking them :)

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Could we have it so you can flag the Guild or direct chat when something important is posted by an officer? Like the "urgent" flag in emails so a red dot appears on the chat bubble in the bottom right? Right now you only get notified if a new chat is started.

I am also 100% for having a Guild Rules popup when you join the Guild. And in-game too. Keep it simple.

We recently kicked two members who were active during multiple TW join periods based on raid tickets and "last activity", but failed to join. When myself or the leader messaged them to inquire as to why, they simply left the direct chat. Cheers! See you later...
  • Options
    Active recruiting avoids this and many other issues. That way those that can't be bothered to be active are filtered out before they join the guild. Now for casual guilds that's likely not the solution you want but it does work. The last 2 guilds I habe been on recruited through the forums and only accepted people that would help the guild. Yeah I suppose that sucks for minors that don't get on chat features but for the good of the guild, you want active players with good rosters who communicate well with others. If you can't communicate or see guild orders, you can't really be a good member.

But I'm good with adding a rules screen. Though as others have stated, this doesn't solve the issue since minors wouldn't be able to see it.
  • Options
    Bauhaus wrote: »
    Any product that relies on outside help to sustain itself is just plain broke.

Kind of like hardware and software. Cars and gasoline, etc......?

Players that are against discord, or any out of the game communication tool really don't understand how beneficial they can be. It makes a difference in all guild events.

As far as minors playing the game, and all of the potential issues, each guild has to determine how they will handle that.
  • Options
    I don't think you can turn chat off..... Just guild messages..... If you are addressing someone in chat and they aren't responding, then they are likely ignoring you.....

The chat function is turned off for minors
  • Options
    I know if a guild member is 13 or younger they will NOT see messages. I understand and agree with that, plus that is required by COPPA. Now, that said, members 14+ might have messages turned off, and in some cases, I agree, as some think chats in a game are for dating, chit chat, and some are just not interested, so they turn it off. So how do I post rules to them, and expect them to see them? I can't just keep booting members that have no idea what they did or didn't do. We need a rules screen that is required to read when they join, and receive an alert if it is updated.
    Example of Guild Rules Screen

Welcome to (Guild Name pulled from system)

Leader: (Guild Leader Name pulled from system)

Officers: (Guild Officer Name(s) pulled from system)

Description: We're a casual and helpful guild. All we ask is you show you are trying and we're golden!

Rules: Daily participation/contribution to raid tickets. 7 day no login COULD result in removal unless you let us know beforehand you will be away.

[ Accept / decline (results in removal) ]

Pretty straight forward. Once they accept, you have done your best to communicate your intent, and can remove as needed.

Great proposal. Gotta wait till August 2020 for it to be implemented tho