So basically...(C3PO things)

Replies

• Mfish wrote: »
    Hmm... yousa point is well seen.
    Yousa should follow me now, okeeday? My warning yous: Gungans no like outsiders. Don't 'spect a warm welcome.

And the best Troll award of 2018 goes to Glitteroutlaw 😂

I don't know if I would call him a troll. Trolls usually elicit a response from the person being trolled. I think Jar Jar must be his favorite character of something. Why else would he quote him?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Having him be like Phantom is for Ghost, but for all rebels, would be pretty useful. Anytime a rebel is debuffed, he gains foresight and taunts until foresight is dispelled. He'd be a major nuisance for a lot of teams.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Debuff enemies, buff allies and taunt, but definitely not attack. Also, having him reassembled after he dies if Chewie and/or R2 is present would be a nice touch.
  • So when does he get his own section?
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    PeteBajama wrote: »
    Seriously, he's worthless! He can't even pick up a stone off the ground and throw it at an enemy. If he's part of a good arena or raid team I'm definitely done.

Just don't do it, no matter what you do it's gonna be nonsense, 3PO doesn't belong a game with battle, plain and simple.

You do realize that without 3PO, our heroes would have been smashed in a Trash compacter or ended up in an ewok cook pot?

All R2 and Luke, respectively. 3PO was just...there.
  • Probably after the event actually happens, like Chewie
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Members of the Tribe: With 3CPO present, Rebels gain the Ewok tag and Ewoks gain the Rebels tag.
  • vilos122
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry in advance for the long post.
    I have never posted here as I normally just read posts and discuss news and other topics with my guildmates. But after learning of the new legendary C3P0 event I felt compelled to make an account and discuss my concerns. I have been playing since a couple months after launch and have been spent maybe $300-400 on this game so I am pretty well invested. I have 3M+ GP and have all but maybe 3 or 4 characters unlocked. I genuinely love most about this game and want to see it continue to advance.

To start off I don't mind the carrot on a stick approach to gaming. I fully understand the need to introduce new characters and make them hard enough for people to spend some $ to panic farm shards/gear. Gotta make the money where you can. We all know that CG has been alluding to Jedi Luke for some time. So when a new character comes out like Chewbacca, that is expected to be needed for the eventual Jedi Luke heroes journey, we will panic farm. I admit I did it as well. I needed that 7* chewy and spent some $$ to buff my Bossk up to 7* and G12. Chewy is a beloved character in the story and we have been asking for him for a long time.
    My issue is that even though we know CG would release C3P0 eventually, I don't believe the community was really asking for it. After speaking with my fellow officers none of us were wishing C3P0 would be added. Early in the quarter we were excited when the clones and Grievous reworks were likely to happen in November. I was looking forward to maybe some more clones, or other episode 2 characters like Padme or some mandalorians. So when that was skipped we shrugged and moved on. Likely a tale for when the next season of clone wars releases. Then the road ahead releases and later we learn that we are getting C3P0. Ok cool, new character I will get to at some point. But I was shocked to learn he was legendary. And further shocked that he needed a little liked faction in the Ewoks for the event. I was honestly disappointed for the first real time in this game. I was hoping for more than this. Even if C3P0 turns out to be the best droid in the game, he is far from legendary. Just a glorified narrator/translator in the movies, reduced to a joke as of late. I have zero desire to use C3P0 but as a means to eventually unlock Jedi Luke. I feel this was strategic on CG's part to make a character need a faction barely anyone is was working on. Just to force people to panic farm. Similar to what we saw with JK Revan, but without as much backlash as we all have had time to farm them, if we cared to.
    Maybe he will be super fun to play and I will eat my words, but for now this just leaves wanting more. Hopefully grand arena will help me forget about this mess.
    Post edited by vilos122 on
  • C3PO is arguably the most recognizable figure in the entire galaxy. He should’ve been added before now.

He’s absolutely legendary.
  • I have wanted C3PO for a long time. Do I want him more than other specific things -- no not neccessarily. But I am happy to see him added. I'm hoping he's pretty awesome to boot.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    300$ to 400$ and you feel invested, you are cute. :) The price of a single marquee.

Devs don’t make the game only for you, and you are always welcome to not invest in C3PO if you don’t wish for him.
  • I’ll match your long post with a short one. I want 3PO and I have, and like, ewoks. Welcome to the world, people like different things.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I asked for Threepio because (a) I’ve always liked the character, ever since I was a kid, and (b) if he has great R2 synergy, I might break into my arena top-50 more reliably.

Not everybody gets excited over the same things. A lot of us waited patiently through months of KOTOR stuff that didn’t particularly interest us. I’m just going to enjoy getting something that I really wanted in the game for the first time in a while.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Definitely happy 3p0 is being added. And ewoks may not be overly farmed, but are a great TW offense team, sure win in CMs for TB & a lot of fun to play. You make not like them... doesn't mean everyone else feels the same though.
  • (Also, Ewoks are a fun faction that I’ve wanted to gear up for a long time, but couldn’t justify it until now. I’m honestly really jazzed about this release).
  • robjay04 wrote: »
    C3PO is arguably the most recognizable figure in the entire galaxy. He should’ve been added before now.

OMG don't get me started. With your logic Thrawn should not be a legendary because only those who watched Rebels can recognize him since he hasn't been in a single movie.

Similarly Anakin, Vader, Han, Leia should all be legendary characters. Yes 3PO is legendary character in star wars but being a legendary character for the franchise doesn't mean you should be legendary in the game. That's because being legendary in the game is more about their power in game rather than their movie appearance.

Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Talzin, Bastila, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Leia, Han, Vader, Anakin, Obi wan, Mace windu, General Grievous, all are way more legendary than 3PO
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    My G12 Ewoks frown at everything you just said OP. You've made them sad, that's on you.
  • Not me! I asked for C-3PO for a long time, and I'm so glad that he's finally here!
  • PeteBajama wrote: »
    robjay04 wrote: »
    C3PO is arguably the most recognizable figure in the entire galaxy. He should’ve been added before now.

OMG don't get me started. With your logic Thrawn should not be a legendary because only those who watched Rebels can recognize him since he hasn't been in a single movie.

Similarly Anakin, Vader, Han, Leia should all be legendary characters. Yes 3PO is legendary character in star wars but being a legendary character for the franchise doesn't mean you should be legendary in the game. That's because being legendary in the game is more about their power in game rather than their movie appearance.

Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Talzin, Bastila, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Leia, Han, Vader, Anakin, Obi wan, Mace windu, General Grievous, all are way more legendary than 3PO

Can we skip the semantics-**** and all just accept that “legendary” in this context is pure marketing-speak to denote the format of the event, and has NOTHING to do with the in-universe social/historical importance of the character? If that mattered, BB-8 and R2 wouldn’t have had legendary events either.

It’s about what people will get excited and farm for. I am excited and will farm Ewoks to unlock Threepio. Mission accomplished as far as I’m concerned.

• Very happy they are adding 3p0
  • Can we skip the semantics-**** and all just accept that “legendary” in this context is pure marketing-speak to denote the format of the event, and has NOTHING to do with the in-universe social/historical importance of the character? If that mattered, BB-8 and R2 wouldn’t have had legendary events either.
    Well, not BB-8.

R2 was deadliest being in the galaxy for twenty years running.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Can we skip the semantics-**** and all just accept that “legendary” in this context is pure marketing-speak to denote the format of the event, and has NOTHING to do with the in-universe social/historical importance of the character? If that mattered, BB-8 and R2 wouldn’t have had legendary events either.
    Well, not BB-8.

R2 was deadliest being in the galaxy for twenty years running.

The audience knows that, but the galaxy doesn’t. The person I was responding to was arguing that “legendary” means “legendary” to the inhabitants of the Star Wars universe.

Me, I don’t think “legendary” means anything other than a certain type of event in SWGOH.
  • The audience knows that, but the galaxy doesn’t. The person I was responding to was arguing that “legendary” means “legendary” to the inhabitants of the Star Wars universe.

Me, I don’t think “legendary” means anything other than a certain type of event in SWGOH.
    In-universe, R2 is a legend among droids. He even has a fan club.
    Still not a he.
    The audience knows that, but the galaxy doesn’t. The person I was responding to was arguing that “legendary” means “legendary” to the inhabitants of the Star Wars universe.

In-universe, R2 is a legend among droids. He even has a fan club.

Huh. I had no idea. Is that in one of the comics or novels?
  • Dmoney5101 wrote: »
    Probably after the event actually happens, like Chewie

I didn't know they add them after the event. I recently discovered that area. Thanks!
  • Huh. I had no idea. Is that in one of the comics or novels?
    Comics, pretty sure? Think the fan club came from the comic that explained how C-3PO got the red arm.
    Still not a he.
    Huh. I had no idea. Is that in one of the comics or novels?
    Comics, pretty sure? Think the fan club came from the comic that explained how C-3PO got the red arm.

How did 3PO get the red arm?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    robjay04 wrote: »

You sure you're not thinking of tinman from the wizard of oz?