Should Visas Marr and HK-47 have Old Republic Tags?

MasterOfNothing
32 posts Member
edited December 2018
I don’t play KOTOR so there for I don’t know much about the backgrounds of these characters. What I do know is, Visas Mar has a nice anti-sith synergy and the ability to revive allies. With JK Revan as lead and Jolee Bindo on that team, there will be multiple ways of healing and reviving fallen allies. Would this be over power? I don’t know. Visas Marr’s anti-sith synergy definitely falls into what revan was created for though. Her Basic grants her and an ally 25% health recovery when attacking a Sith and her unique allows her 60% chance to assist when an ally attacks a Sith. This could be useful on an anti Sith team. As for HK-47, I don’t use him much. I’m not sure where he would fit in well. However, Meat bag mayhem has doubled chance to inflict debuffs on Jedi. That could be good for building an anti-Jedi team. Do there backgrounds justify having an Old Republic Tag? And do you think adding that tag might make a team overpowered?

Should Visas Marr and HK-47 have Old Republic Tags? 38 votes

Both should have Old Republic Tags
89%
SekuThorius_Antares_2605LevlXelGheyst1214TheRealCaloNordRavenclawsTWingsdennishsnyder57KyJoe_CoolJumboElephantisDarthMufasa4FalenXLacerJuliusSkywalkerTheLordOfMadnessZenbreonTrojanKyleStark99Ikky2winArturiusMythos 34 votes
Neither should have Old Republic Tags
0%
Only Visas Marr should have an Old Republic Tag
0%
Only HK-47 should have an Old Republic Tag
10%
Zombie961UltraRandomSithLordRiffinator 4 votes

Replies

• Both should have Old Republic Tags
    If you're old Republic then you should get old Republic. Yes, this means Sion, Papa Nihilus and Traya. I know they aren't "Republicans" but they were there. Don't think so? Convince me.
    A bit late here but visas marr sion nihilus and Traya are all from the second Kotor game so should have the tae and that be reason enough HK 47 was going to be in both games but they pushed the game out and left out his content even though you get attack by HK droids the whole game and semi random times and that alone is reason enough.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Now? Yes!

Before releasing Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo - then no. So question is why do they got this tag but HK-47 and Visas Marr not? We can add Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo to a Sith Empire tag incl. Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Sith Trooper/Assassin/Marauder. Absolve Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo from Old Republic tag.

And HK-47 worked for Jedi Knight Revan, Fallen Revan, Darth Revan and for Jedi Revan (Reborn).
    👀
    Yes
    Now? Yes!

Before releasing Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo - then no. So question is why do they got this tag but HK-47 and Visas Marr not? We can add Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo to a Sith Empire tag incl. Darth Traya, Darth Nihilus, Darth Sion, Sith Trooper/Assassin/Marauder. Absolve Bastila Shan (Fallen) and Canderous Ordo from Old Republic tag.

And HK-47 worked for Jedi Knight Revan, Fallen Revan, Darth Revan and for Jedi Revan (Reborn).

Canderous Never had any association with the Sith.
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    The fact that they gave the tag to Fallen Bastilla (and others not really openly from the Old Rpublic faction) sends mixed signals as to what this tag means really.
    I mean, If Darth Bastilla has it, then Darth Traya should have it too since she was also "Old Republic" when she was a Jedi...

But really, this tag is just a tool for the devs (anything else is pretty much excuses) to create (or not) synergies between toons. So at this point, either they don't want to waste time on analyzing some possible new synergies between those toons, or they fear it would be unbalanced. (they also could simply not care, but that would be mean)
    TWings wrote: »
    The fact that they gave the tag to Fallen Bastilla (and others not really openly from the Old Rpublic faction) sends mixed signals as to what this tag means really.
    I mean, If Darth Bastilla has it, then Darth Traya should have it too since she was also "Old Republic" when she was a Jedi...

But really, this tag is just a tool for the devs (anything else is pretty much excuses) to create (or not) synergies between toons. So at this point, either they don't want to waste time on analyzing some possible new synergies between those toons, or they fear it would be unbalanced. (they also could simply not care, but that would be mean)

I mean, so far it has been given to followers of Revan, so not really a mixed signal.
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    When they released Bastilla, Jolee and T3, they said that this tag wasn't representing the era but the faction (so people who were members of the Republic). That's why I'm talking about mixed signals. It doesn't add up with the toons they released after that. But in the end, they just do what's convenient for them. We can only hope that eventually they take into consideration the possibility of adding this tag to other relevant toons.
    It never made sense. Aside from Carth and Bastilla, none of the OR characters have had any connection to the Old Republic. Even Revan hadn't been a part of it for a long time by the beginning of the first game. The tag is simply referring to the followers of Revan
  • Tell me what the name of the era game book or story their names are found in and answer your own question. Many forget sith maur assasss and troop.