Canderous Ordo gear 7 requirements

I guess this guy is G7 for life if this gear mistake isn't going to be fixed? Is there any other toon in the entire 150+ characters that has the exact same gear requirements for back-to-back levels? Seems like a mistake in coding.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Its not a mistake and its intentional
  • This is the only toon with "intentional" identical gear requirements at consecutive gear levels though, correct?
  • He is also the ONLY character in the entire game that requires a Mk 5 Stun Gun at gear 7. There are literally zero other characters that require a stun gun that early. What is so special about this guy that he intentionally changes the way that gear is required?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    It's all intentional, and yes, only one with identical gear req and only one with that stun gun at g7

while no-one really wants to use the vaulted stun gun ever, I don't see the big deal
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187701/canderous-ordo-gear/p3
    I started a thread about this same thing. The thread is closed now though.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Wait until gear 10, a single slot is just a mk1 Furnace, this guys gear is so troll. Of course the 3 speed is better than all other gear 10 combined.
  • HK666 wrote: »
    It's all intentional, and yes, only one with identical gear req and only one with that stun gun at g7

while no-one really wants to use the vaulted stun gun ever, I don't see the big deal

At this point in the game, he doesn't seem like a very important character, so it isn't that big of a deal. If he's needed for Malak or Darth Revan, maybe he will be ok at 7 stars Gear 7.

But his gear situation is a major outlier compared to the rest of the game, and I sure do hope it's not the start of some new gear cadence. Stun Guns are not easy to get so people obviously want to determine which characters are most deserving of something as vaunted as that gear piece.

I'd honestly be happier if the response was that it was a mistake, but they're not able to fix it. I was going to reference the 12 Days of Spring achievement, but it looks like after 2 years they were finally able to fix that.

^Thanks, I would have replied in that thread but it was closed. Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that the answers we received in that thread were genuine.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Chewie gear isnt much different.
  • They said (through kyno) its intentional. I find that hard to believe. They did not test the character properly before releasing him. Otherwise they would have seen the bug they already fixed. It became obvious after approximately 1 minute of playing the marquee event.(I'm referring to the bug that caused ordo to apply 3 dots per attack.

I'm pretty sure they screwed up the gear as well. But if they say it's not intended, they pretty much admit that ordo was just a hasty released cash grab to fullfill last month's sales goals.
  • Maybe he will have his ship and this is why he will matter
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Weequay wrote: »
    They said (through kyno) its intentional. I find that hard to believe. They did not test the character properly before releasing him. Otherwise they would have seen the bug they already fixed. It became obvious after approximately 1 minute of playing the marquee event.(I'm referring to the bug that caused ordo to apply 3 dots per attack.

I'm pretty sure they screwed up the gear as well. But if they say it's not intended, they pretty much admit that ordo was just a hasty released cash grab to fullfill last month's sales goals.

Lol when cg plays the characters already gear 12+
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187701/canderous-ordo-gear/p3
    I started a thread about this same thing. The thread is closed now though.

We did go a little offtopic but man, sometimes I am like "yay kyno" and other times "... kyno" lol.

His gear is all messed up, dupe levels, needing like G1-5 stuff at G10, Yet instead of admitting an error, easy to just say that its intended amiright ;)

Besides, like phoenix we will probably need to spend some gear on him because he will be required for something I bet.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It's because Stun Guns are their most reliable source of constant income. The 560 crystals for 20 (meh buy) or the 1400 crystals for the full prototype. It's the most bottle-necked piece of gear by a large margin to get characters to a meaningful gear level to use (past g8/9). So the fact we are seeing it on characters earlier just means more motivation to spend crystals.

I just did a quick check on my roster, 122 toons need it (38 current - not sure how many more than 1, but pretty certain all of them). I see a stun gun perhaps 1-2 weeks. Outside of node farming or raids (and occasional event reward) you don't see them. I stopped gearing characters with carbs and cuffs at this stage because they would just be stuck behind another stun gun to get them past g8/9 anyhow.

Honestly, I don't mind gear restrictions - but Stun Guns have me confused. I don't expect to max all my characters easily with gear, but Stun Guns are restricting me from using characters in really any game mode. G8/9 does nothing for most players in TW, TB, Raids and events (exceptions apply of course). There is no reliable stream (like carbantis) and not as common in stores as Cuffs (shard store and guild store). Even if they changed the mk 4 to mk 5 in the AGI challenge it would barely make a dent in gearing.

In closing I have to say that it's the one thing I wish the devs would look at. Because the rate of gaining Stun Guns vs. the need is so out of balance (I know intention to build frustration to make people spend $).

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Crowny wrote: »
    This is the only toon with "intentional" identical gear requirements at consecutive gear levels though, correct?

Yes the only one with identical gear on 2 levels, others do get pretty close.

But, yes they said its intentional in both points of being the first g7 raid gear and g7/g8 matching.
  • Mixelplux
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    *edit
  • Duplicate gear needs is just a lack of creativity on the developers part.
    The end