The "so what does Ewok Scout as the monthly character mean"-thread

Prev1
hardvig
73 posts Member
edited December 2018
So Ewok scout...

more murder bears incoming?

C3P0 God version legendary event incoming?

Something entirely different?

/discuss
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Remember that GK as login character had no meaning.
  • Options
    z4izuq0xdfzl.jpg
  • Options
    Well, we already know from Crumb's puzzle tonight that C3P0 is coming. Reasonable speculation would lead one to believe that Ewoks will be needed to obtain him.
  • Options
    What a total waste of time... Consistently being forced to farm characters you may not want or have interest in. It's so dull.
  • Options
    What did GK as the login character for november mean?
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It could mean nothing. Wasn't HK a monthly character not too long ago and people were all excited about an incoming rework, that never happened?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    It means free Ewok scout shards!!!
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    What did GK as the login character for november mean?

Well... Clones are redesigned at November...

And I’m wondering...
    Does c3po need GK..?
    That’s why GK is login character of November...?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    It means free Ewok scout shards!!!

Yes! I still don't have him!
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    What a total waste of time... Consistently being forced to farm characters you may not want or have interest in. It's so dull.

It's a game. All mobile games are, by definition, a total waste of time. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.
  • Options
    CptCheez wrote: »
    Well, we already know from Crumb's puzzle tonight that C3P0 is coming. Reasonable speculation would lead one to believe that Ewoks will be needed to obtain him.
    Define “know.” like when we “knew” that there was going to be a gg rework? “Know” as in when we knew we were getting mod packs back? Or know as in its in game already. Point is we never know anything until its in game.
  • Options
    These aren't the ewoks you're looking for.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Define “know.” like when we “knew” that there was going to be a gg rework? “Know” as in when we knew we were getting mod packs back? Or know as in its in game already. Point is we never know anything until its in game.

We definitely “know” C3PO is coming
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    It could mean nothing. Wasn't HK a monthly character not too long ago and people were all excited about an incoming rework, that never happened?

HK login signalled the incoming kotor characters
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My guess is ewoks needed for 3PO like BH for chewy and Wicket is the Bossk of the event

Edit: and against REBELS for attacking their golden god. NEW rebels incoming for Jedi Luke!!
  • Options
    Why are Ewoks and Wookies nude and the female toons are all fully clothed?
    Thats not fair...
  • Options

Defining "know" as Crumb confirmed on Reddit that C-3PO is the answer to the puzzles.....so, yes, we know that C-3PO is coming.

What a total assumption. Nobody knows whether Ewoks will be needed, let alone Ewok Scout. Was ROLO or her Rebel faction needed for the Chewbacca event when she was the log-in character that month? At this point, the log-in character could have been just a hint that C-3PO is coming this month or it could mean we have to fight Ewoks to get C-3PO or it could mean we need Ewoks to get C-3PO (which a lot of people already have) and, in that case, it could be any 5 Ewoks and might not even require Ewok Scout.

• Options
    That this will be the most boring month in this game yet. That’s what it means.
  • Options
    It means it sucks to have started playing the game in the last week or two. Too low level to get the marquee characters, and the first full log in character you can get you already have and is dumped for the first light side character you farm.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Lol more OT char coming could just me an more ewok toons and ewok glider coming as heros journey for ships needing resistance ships to unlock... or something
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    It means it sucks to have started playing the game in the last week or two. Too low level to get the marquee characters, and the first full log in character you can get you already have and is dumped for the first light side character you farm.

Interesting analysis probably unintended, but still disappointing in a new player perspective.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Is this because people complained that we got Gen. Kenobi last month so instead of like, wicket, as the monthly, we get the bear everyone in the game starts with for free? lol.
  • Options

It's a game. All mobile games are, by definition, a total waste of time. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

Fair point, but there are clearly more interesting things to do such as improve on what we already have rather than add on unrequested, unnecessary characters.
  • Options

Fair point, but there are clearly more interesting things to do such as improve on what we already have rather than add on unrequested, unnecessary characters.

Hard to say that because a lot of these characters are requested. I don’t really care about KOTOR but a lot of people do and some of their favs are in the game now. I’m happy for them.

For OT toons thefalcon and Jedi luke have been held back so laughably long. At least cg jumped ahead and made it really iconic to grab them.
  • Options

Don't farm them then
  • Options
    People put way too much meaning behind the login characters. The fact that c3p0 is coming to the game is enough for him to the be the login character. It doesn't need to mean anything beyond that.
  • Options

Defining "know" as Crumb confirmed on Reddit that C-3PO is the answer to the puzzles.....so, yes, we know that C-3PO is coming.

What a total assumption. Nobody knows whether Ewoks will be needed, let alone Ewok Scout. Was ROLO or her Rebel faction needed for the Chewbacca event when she was the log-in character that month? At this point, the log-in character could have been just a hint that C-3PO is coming this month or it could mean we have to fight Ewoks to get C-3PO or it could mean we need Ewoks to get C-3PO (which a lot of people already have) and, in that case, it could be any 5 Ewoks and might not even require Ewok Scout.

I still need to finish chirpa so I'm doing that just in case. Only a few days of cantina refreshes to finish. Then I'll have 5 ewoks 7 star including wicket (I farmed him for the zetas awhile ago). Imperial Troopers I already have 5 at 7 star.

As far as gear goes, hoarding until we know the req is the only way to go. Stun guns are too rare to guess.

I'm also hoarding guild store currency in case I need to finish jawas. (I need engineer from there and jawa still.) Once I have chirpa, i plan to finish jawa in cantina too unless it's confirmed he's not needed by then. They are light cantina farms and with refreshes chirpa and jawa are only a 16 day farm for me.

But I'm end game and have all legendary characters except revan and have the req for him. So I'm free to speculation farm. In fact before 3PO was announced I was hoarding to be ready for what was next. I have saved 13k in crystals in the last couple of months and have 3 zetas saved and some gear. Though two are for traya who I will unlock next week but at this point I may use one on a 3PO req if needed.

But my advice, if you are currently working towards a legendary, keep working on that. It sucks to get sidetracked miss your target because you tried to panic farm a new shinny. But if you are endgame or speculation farming doesn't interfere, then it works sometimes.

• Options
    There will be content that either uses or requires ewoks or ewok related toons.