Carth bonus tier

What is the freaking deal with this! I've never had any problem with a bonus tier till now. There have been tough ones before but this is insane. No matter what team I use, they die without a single turn! I beat the zuhani bonus after some work with a Jedi, bastila but they get wiped immediately. This is so aggravating!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Upgrade your gears. Jedi is really powerful toon. You can clear it very easily w/ jedi..

I clear it with Nightmare team by auto.
    Also can be cleared by Bastila squad.
  • Options
    I have a bastila squad, it gets annihilated within minutes. It's the same squad I used with zuhani except this time they get kited immediately
  • Options
    Enemy's firt wave is huge... however, the following teams won:
    NS (Z Talzin lead), Jedi (Z Bastila lead), BH (Z Bossk lead),Resistance (Z RJT lead), Empire/Sith (Z Palpatine lead).. then I finished the 5 attempts.
    Gear and speed are important (I have this teams full of G12 and very good mods).
    Kill enemy leader as the last.
  • RescueToaster
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    komji15 wrote: »
    Upgrade your gears. Jedi is really powerful toon. You can clear it very easily w/ jedi..

I clear it with Nightmare team by auto.
    Also can be cleared by Bastila squad.

That's easier said than done.

To me, this fight appears to be far too hard to complete; much too hard for any but long time players with incredibly solid teams (or, I guess, whales).

I believe there's something wrong with the event, unless it's intended to be this difficult - The enemies in Carth's bonus tier are level 88 G12, while in Juhani's they are 85 and G10.

I've tried the fight about 20 times now and it goes something like this most of the time:

>Carth gets to go first (because yayfun event!), and his AE attack hits for ~7000 damage on each enemy (except on the Marshal which hits for ~2000ish) and now the fun begins!
    >2x Raider Elites AE hit all of my characters for ~8000 (x2)
    > 2x Raider Rally Masters AE everyone for ~10k (x2) and apply Stagger and Armor Shred on one target (they shouldn't be doing Armor Shred)
    > Raider Marshal AE mops up, hitting surviving characters for 20-35k damage
    > Player grips phone tightly and dies a little inside
    Post edited by RescueToaster on
  • Options
    That's exactly what happens! It's so frustratingly stupid. Either make the bonus tiers extremely hard or keep them the way they are. Going back and forth between two days is infuriating
  • Options
    I feel your frustrations guys.
    I auto it with NS team with Zombie. But the event unit(Carth) died b4 the fight was over
  • Options
    RIP Omega shard and 3 mods; I'll always wonder which skill I would have gotten with you!
  • Options
    I was happy to see this. Other than these two events you could literally auto them without even using other units. Jango Fett for example
  • Options
    Ive also noticed that the event toon wqs like 2 shotted.
    Luckily my maxed Traya team autoed it without getting a scratch, but its seriously bizarre to see a featured toon being slaughtered.
  • Options
    if you have a decent NS squad they can survive the onslaught.
  • Options
    1:36 seconds with Bastila Jedi on Auto for me.
    Have you got Zetas on Initiative & Battle Meditation?
  • Options
    I sent only Rex lead, Nest and Wampa on auto 😂
  • Options
    The bonus tier was definitely more difficult than bonus tiers in the past. My empire team was decimated but my Bastilla team I’ve been working on cleared first try.
  • Options
    I’ve completed all recent marquees with BH (zBossk, Boba, Zam, Dengar (all g12) + IG88 (g11), presumably because that’s who I used to unlock Chewy and I never bother changing the toons.

When I loaded bonus tier and pressed auto I hadn’t expected them to be tested, let alone lose.

Traya team cleared no problem on auto.
  • Options
    I first used my BHs. Not a single one got a turn. Used my NS, cleared it easily.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Select FO, enter event, press auto, deselect target, collect rewards.
  • Options
    Jtr resistance, press auto, profit
  • Options
    What is the bonus tier?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Bounty hunters......
    plztr8ydpn68.png

No problem
  • Options
    Job as usual. I brought my Imperial Troopers in. Sure my undergeared range trooper died quickly but once the turn meter train starts, nothing stops it. And nothing stopped it.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

How do you deselect target? Maybe that’s what I am missing!

But anyway, yes maybe with specific g12 squads. I have barely 2 squads with only a couple g10 toons and I was able to do bonus tiers on marquees. This one is way harder that the previous ones. If there were all this hard it would be no issues.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @StarControl when you hit auto, one enemy will have the gold target ring on them. Click it and it goes away and the AI chooses who to target instead. Easier to do in 1x speed before speeding it back up to 4x.
  • Options
    I beat this one just fine on the second try, but that doesn't mean it's waaaay overtuned for difficulty.

Carth gets a turn because he starts with 100% tm, but after that he dies from the AoE. If the point of the bonus tier is to show off how good the character is, maybe don't let them die so easily?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    @StarControl when you hit auto, one enemy will have the gold target ring on them. Click it and it goes away and the AI chooses who to target instead. Easier to do in 1x speed before speeding it back up to 4x.

I didn’t know that, thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    CLS G12 (L), R2 G11, RHan G11, Chewie 6*G11, Nest 5*G11. Carth gets the other guard from Chewie, so you shouldn't have a problem with him dying. The enemies have a ton of max health, so Chewie absolutely shreds them. Han's opening made sure the boss never had a chance to move.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    It was harder than in the past. But I had no issues with my main or alt accounts.

Dunno why ppl are struggling.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure the problem here....seemed very easy just as all marquee bonus rounds are
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

I was surprised when my maxed FO team got slaughtered in like 5 hits. I had to take out my Sith team to get the job done.

Regardless, these two bonus tiers (specifically this one) had a massive difficulty jump compared to past ones.
  • Xenos21true
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Completed it with bastilla, zeta only on gmyoda. Started with auto, but when I saw that bonus protection gone almost immidiately, went with manual control. Killed low health enemies and finished with auto.
    Agree that it is more difficult then some others as I used to auto them all without even watching.