Can we get a guarantee that Carth leadership is WAI?

Prev1
Tromedlov13
1559 posts Member
edited December 2018
Considering that almost every marquee toon that gets has a problem and gets either a fix or a nerf (depending on your feelings) I want to make sure that Carth leader is working as intended before I zeta and I know it is the weekend but can we get an 'important person' to validate if this is working as intended.

This is what I am seeing in - up to or more than 4 attacks in one turn (and thats not counting with Canderous actually attacks more than once on his basic). It appears that this is what is happening someone calls Mission, who calls Z, who then calls Mission who then calls someone else. So much is happening in one turn and before I put a zeta and gear him I want to make sure that he is WAI and not spend all this in game currency just to have the rug pulled out in a week.

thanks

@Kyno do we know anything for sure on this. Seems like the once per turn part of the ability is what is confusing.

EDIT: FYI - Mission has her zeta
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    well for starters mission doesn't call Zaal, zaal calls mission.

So seeing mission assist twice and zaal once is possible with carth lead.
    now if it is mission turn and she calls zaal because of the lead, and then she assists zaal she should not be calling another

they are only supposed to call one assist from lead during their turn.

I didn't pay to much attention in the event but nothing caught my eye as being out of place.
  • 7s3ys1jsyowb.jpg

I don't have mission's zeta, yet she was assisting zaalbar on his counter attacks. Plus I would have moments where I would get 3-4 attacks in any of their basics. I believe that this is a bug. @CG_SBCrumb I'm sorry to tag you, but you might want to bring this to someone's attention that carth's leader ability and its wording don't match. I'm getting multiple assists and I'm getting assists when they attack out of their turn. I personally would prefer the leader ability work like this, but I'm sure it is not working as intended.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    7s3ys1jsyowb.jpg

I don't have mission's zeta, yet she was assisting zaalbar on his counter attacks. Plus I would have moments where I would get 3-4 attacks in any of their basics. I believe that this is a bug. @CG_SBCrumb I'm sorry to tag you, but you might want to bring this to someone's attention that carth's leader ability and its wording don't match. I'm getting multiple assists and I'm getting assists when they attack out of their turn. I personally would prefer the leader ability work like this, but I'm sure it is not working as intended.

this is what I am referring to, I am pretty sure it is a bug. longer description, it appears that at least in the event, any time any toon uses a basic an assist can be called. If this is true, it's a very worthy lead, if they change it to work as the ability is described it is still a good lead, but not as good as it appears in the event.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Yeah if a non zeta mission is assisting on counter attacks there is something wrong.

could be the event version is having issues
  • I replayed the forced team tier multiple times on 1x now. Didn’t see anything unexpected
  • I personally loved watching the DoTs fly all over the place, and would certainly not regret putting a zeta on Carth for that alone. But yeah, I believe we should hear if this is WAI or if it is like Canderous from a couple weeks ago.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    I replayed the forced team tier multiple times on 1x now. Didn’t see anything unexpected

I actually have zMission and zZ, so I used a full OR team for every stage of the event. It only appears to be happening in the event. In GW I ran Carth lead (non zeta), Cando, zzzRevan, zMission and zZ. It seems like it might only be in the event as I don't see it in the GW run i did. But Carth and Canderous were only around G8 and obviously not at 7* like the event (and no zeta's on Carth or Cando).

Yes I am a huge KotOR fan so I like playing with those toons. Just want to know if its worth investing in the zeta for his lead before I do. With 3PO around the corner and my ewoks being pretty lousy (if that is what is needed) I don't want to waste the zeta if its not that great. EDIT - or gear as I am going to need that for whoever is needed for 3PO lol
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    I think it was bugged too and I was having a total of up to 4 assists

Ran at 1x and Carth called Jedi bastilla AND Mission to assist

un1xvtdm28kp.png

EDIT: Picture isn't so clear but you can see Bastilla has like 15% TM when she's attacking while Carth has 0%
  • Personally I prefer it staying this way. It's going to be a good leader ability regardless, especially thinking of defensive teams for tw. But this would just push them over the top.
  • SmolFortune
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I think it's 80% chance to assist each time, like how Greedo can infinitely attack as long as you have good RNG?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I think it's 80% chance to assist each time, like how Greedo can infinitely attack as long as you have good RNG?
    Leader ability says assist limit is once per turn
  • Depends if it has a major effect on any Raids. Lets us know if it makes HSTR any easier. If so its going to be nerfed, if not its WAI.
  • nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.
  • Is what's going on a chain assist? So one toon uses a basic and calls another to assist, and then since that 2nd toon uses a basic then they have an 80% to call another assist. And then this just repairs a 3rd or 4th time.
  • Is what's going on a chain assist? So one toon uses a basic and calls another to assist, and then since that 2nd toon uses a basic then they have an 80% to call another assist. And then this just repairs a 3rd or 4th time.

Maybe they mean it can happen once per turn per character. (so a double tapping char, like raid han would only call 1 assist, thats what thr restriction is for)
    So its not like Greedo, you can get max 5 hits, with extraordinary luck.
    It could still be wai.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    The lead said basic during their turn. of carth calls mission, mission should be able to call bastila
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    if^

“Uses their Basic ability *during their turn*”

If it’s chaining, it’s not WAI. This is also why a non-zeta Mission assisting a Zaal counter would be broken as well.
  • Is it that these bugs are getting in by accident or are they purposely being put in to make the toon look better so more ppl will spend money on the toon only for them to fix the bug after ppl have already spent their money...just makes me wonder considering how often this happens
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I replayed the event and yeah it is definitely broke there, had bastila assist jolee on a counter attack. is it broke out side of the event I don't know? tomorrow I will play around in GW with it to test
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

Once per turn for each character, or once per turn as a whole team. Might be the issue. And also does the assist count as a turn ?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

Once per turn for each character, or once per turn as a whole team. Might be the issue. And also does the assist count as a turn ?

an assist or counter calling an assist is not doing so during "thier turn".

The "thier turn" is where the issue/bug is happening.

an assist or counter attack is considered out of turn
  • scuba wrote: »
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

Well cgs definition of a turn is fluid , just look at raid han and thrawn before the fix.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

Well cgs definition of a turn is fluid , just look at raid han and thrawn before the fix.

/facepalm

not even close to the issue here that is/was completely different issue.

if an assist or counter is considered as "their turn" than Traya lead for out of turn damage would do nothing.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    edit
    Post edited by shhfiftyfive on
  • scuba wrote: »
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

/facepalm

if an assist or counter is considered as "their turn" than Traya lead for out of turn damage would do nothing.

Actually it does, cause it shows the wording means nothing , they will do what they want and fit it into the description. Your turn, bonus turn , their turn its all what cg wants it to be.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    idk about his lead, but...
    unless i'm missing something, his AOE attack is definitely bugged
    but it says nothing about reducing the cooldown of his aoe attack...
    in the event i was able to spam his aoe multiple times back to back.
    no cooldown.
    its supposed to have 4 turn cooldown.
    but nope.

***if he manages to kill an enemy using his AOE, then his CD is reset to 0.***
    that's definitely not in the description.
    his ability is acting more like snow trooper aoe.
    Read his Soldier’s Training unique

• I kept getting Mission assisting twice and couldn’t figure out what was going on. I kind of just said eh, I’ll figure it out in 12 weeks when it’s relevant. No wonder it was so fun.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    nt95cm81r8ts.jpg

Once per turn.

/facepalm

Actually it does, cause it shows the wording means nothing , they will do what they want and fit it into the description. Your turn, bonus turn , their turn its all what cg wants it to be.

/🤷‍♂️
    whatever floats your boat. opinions are like certain body parts.