Can We Talk About Stun Guns Now (Again)?

Prev1
Gifafi
6017 posts Member
Look, I love this game (in before the **** think that complaining means hate), but the stun gun crunch is insane. I mean, not only do good chars need them, but even the meh chars need them. I'm not even going to get into the fact that none of the gear leveling make sense (aka xg5 doesn't make xg6), but please throw us a bone. I mean, nest needs, what 5? 4? Plus, well, like I said, everyone else?? Ugh
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• I would love to see a new tier of challenges added that award some much needed gear. Maybe when like G13 plus comes so that everyone can “catch up” to whatever the new gear bottle neck would be.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Its not just stun guns. With the increasing anount of characters the amount of gear earned needs increased across the board. Especially with the addition of a new game mode requiring several teams.
  • I currently need 84 Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun assemblies for 73 of my characters. Over the past six weeks they have basically stopped showing up in the shard shop and as raid rewards for me (only once over the past two weeks). Their farming drop rate has always felt lower than farming characters, so that is frustrating. A gear heist would be really great, but people have been suggesting it over the past year and there doesn't appear to be any sign of them make stun guns more accessible.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    jstehly wrote: »
    I currently need 84 Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun assemblies for 73 of my characters. Over the past six weeks they have basically stopped showing up in the shard shop and as raid rewards for me (only once over the past two weeks). Their farming drop rate has always felt lower than farming characters, so that is frustrating. A gear heist would be really great, but people have been suggesting it over the past year and there doesn't appear to be any sign of them make stun guns more accessible.

this. I mean...
  • Lol, I just spend 150 to gear nest 11-12
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    jstehly wrote: »
    I currently need 84 Mk 5 A/KT Stun Gun assemblies for 73 of my characters. Over the past six weeks they have basically stopped showing up in the shard shop and as raid rewards for me (only once over the past two weeks). Their farming drop rate has always felt lower than farming characters, so that is frustrating. A gear heist would be really great, but people have been suggesting it over the past year and there doesn't appear to be any sign of them make stun guns more accessible.
    I use all my GET on stun guns and its very rare for it to appear in that store too. Wish there was a perma slot there or available in other stores.

I'd prefer it being available in other stores than gear heists unless stun guns are guaranteed drop rather than you MIGHT get stun gun or some other gear each time heists run every 10 days
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Xx1xx2xx2 wrote: »
    Lol, I just spend 150 to gear nest 11-12

huhn?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Gifafi wrote: »

huhn?
    Nest needs 3 fully crafted stun guns (50 x 3 = 150) and 3 gold balls to go from g11 to g12

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I wouldn't mind them so much if so many characters didn't need multiple stun guns just for a single gear level. My Stick Rey will be stuck at gear 11 for ages because she needs three freaking stun guns to get to 12, after having already needed some previously. It's really not reasonable.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ultra wrote: »

huhn?
    Nest needs 3 fully crafted stun guns (50 x 3 = 150) and 3 gold balls to go from g11 to g12

hence my point
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind them so much if so many characters didn't need multiple stun guns just for a single gear level. My Stick Rey will be stuck at gear 11 for ages because she needs three freaking stun guns to get to 12, after having already needed some previously. It's really not reasonable.
    Ultra wrote: »

huhn?

hence my point....

edit: sorry
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Devs should try making new accounts themselves - not f2p but on a strict budget like 50$ tops. Play for a month and honestly say if they'd want to continue. I started like 2 weeks before first Thrawn event and I think that was very last quarter it made any sense to begin even as a dolphin.
  • It gets easier when you're using Guild Event and Shard Shop Tokens.

You still need a bunch, to be fair, but you earn each one a lot faster. It also helps to farm Holdo, as she's not only a very good character but also sitting on a node that gives both Stun Guns and pineapples.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree we need far too many, but this time last year we were short of Carbantis. I suspect we'll start to get more but then encounter a new chokepoint in the game
  • NicWester wrote: »
    It gets easier when you're using Guild Event and Shard Shop Tokens.

You still need a bunch, to be fair, but you earn each one a lot faster. It also helps to farm Holdo, as she's not only a very good character but also sitting on a node that gives both Stun Guns and pineapples.

I use all my guild event currency and even Crystals on guns. I have 140 Zetas, 200 omegas, a whole lot of the other gear, but I don't have the guns and that makes spending the other things useless
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

no, it doesn't. I was farming them but OR are needed. Once I get them then done rhen yes, and will help with Holdo, but...
  • They run in spurts for me in the guild event store. I'll get them to drop 2 or 3 times in a few days then they go for a week or 2 without dropping. I might as well not look right now since I got them twice early this week. The poster above saying they need 80 or something, wow. I only need 35 or 40 right now and I thought that was bad. If I go to actual need, as in toons I'm working on, I only need 15 or so right now. I spend crystals on them too. I'm about 12-15 salvage away from having 3 ready, just waiting on the calendar to see who needs them soonest. I've been farming those for a long time though. And I've gotten a measly 12 in at least a month of raids and probably 2 months. I remember someone in my guild getting a fully crafted one 3 or 4 months ago.
  • I keep saying it. A simple $5 pack containing say 500 carbanti and 500 stun gun salvage will net CG $10 million or so
  • NicWester wrote: »

I use all my guild event currency and even Crystals on guns. I have 140 Zetas, 200 omegas, a whole lot of the other gear, but I don't have the guns and that makes spending the other things useless

no, it doesn't. I was farming them but OR are needed. Once I get them then done rhen yes, and will help with Holdo, but...

How are you guys gearing your characters? I think the problem might be your approach.

Favorite one or two characters, then only buy the gear that shows the favorite flag by it. As folks have said, some characters need 3 or 4 Stun Guns, but it’s so much more approachable if you’re only working on a few at a time instead of farming just stun guns (or cuffs or holoprojectors or etc etc etc) for all characters at once.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I currently have a surplus of stun guns and am starving for other gear. We all starve for various gear at some point. My advice, take a partial break for a couple weeks. Complete your dailies, auto your raids, auto your guild events, etc. Ease up but don’t quit. 30 minutes a day for a month meeting minimum requirements and you’ll have some gear/omegas to play with.
  • Basically, this game is a fun but a perpetual grind. Only $ spent will accelerate progress. I use to spend and it was fun for a while. Then, I realized it was fruitless. There will always be the next big thing.
  • They know the stun gun crunch is terrible and that's the way they want it. They aren't going to change it anytime soon and if they do it will just be replaced by something harder. Making stun guns so hard to get causes a bottle neck which they want to increase money flow so stop bringing it up and just grind it out like everyone else (except the whales)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    I currently have a surplus of stun guns and am starving for other gear. We all starve for various gear at some point. My advice, take a partial break for a couple weeks. Complete your dailies, auto your raids, auto your guild events, etc. Ease up but don’t quit. 30 minutes a day for a month meeting minimum requirements and you’ll have some gear/omegas to play with.

no you don't. jfc
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

How are you guys gearing your characters? I think the problem might be your approach.

Favorite one or two characters, then only buy the gear that shows the favorite flag by it. As folks have said, some characters need 3 or 4 Stun Guns, but it’s so much more approachable if you’re only working on a few at a time instead of farming just stun guns (or cuffs or holoprojectors or etc etc etc) for all characters at once.

um, are you new here? Do the toons you like not need stunguns?? ps. yes they do. Because stunguns are needed for basically all of them. Which was my point in this dumb thread.
  • Lol. True story. I only have a surplus because I have learned the hard way to treat them like treasure.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Lol. True story. I only have a surplus because I have learned the hard way to treat them like treasure.

no you don't.

pics or...
  • But, if the point of this thread is to vent, yes a would love a thousand stun guns to pop up in my inbox. Pretty please.
  • Surplus is a matter of POV. Too me, over 50 is a surplus
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Surplus is a matter of POV. Too me, over 50 is a surplus

having one of something isn't a surplus imo.
  • Make rear gear event..!!!!!😱

I need lots of mk3Carbanti mk5Stungun mk8BiotechImplant!!!

mk5 Stun gun — 7star Empire
    mk8 Biotech Implant — 7star Jedi
    mk3 Carbanti — 7star First Order

LIKE THIS...
  • I have more than one but less than two. Surplus imo.