Starting my Resistance team advice [UPDATED]

Metroplex79
832 posts Member
edited January 2019
It's been exactly a month, there's been some improvement, so it doesn't look too bad now.

JTR = Max'ed, "Virtuous Protector" & "Insight" are at 7, and Gear 10 (Speed = 200)
R2-D2 = Max'ed, "Combat Analysis" & "Number Crunch" are at 7, and Gear 9 (Speed = 212)
BB-8 = Max'ed, "Roll....Punches" & "Self-Preservation..." are at 7, and Gear 9 (Speed = 213)
Rey = Max'ed, Gear 11 (Speed = 230)
R Trooper = Max'ed, Gear 11 (Speed = 191)

The rest of them if it matters:

Finn = Max'ed, Gear 10 (Speed = 172)
Poe = "Challenging" & "Ace" are at 7, "Bravado" & "Stand Firm" is Max'ed, and Gear 9 (Speed = 198)
R Pilot = Hip & Outmaneuver are at 7, Guerilla is Max'ed, and Gear 8 (Speed = 145 HAHA!)

Yes, Holdo and Tico are still at Lvl 1, Gear 1, and less than 5* :tongue:

I'm hoping to help the Guild do better in the Sith Raid
I should have enough to zeta one thing this week. Who should get it more?
(or is the original advice given before still valid?)

JTR => "Virtuous Protector" or "Insight"
R2-D2 => "Combat Analysis" or "Number Crunch"
BB-8 => "Roll with the Punches" or "Self-Preservation Protocol"

Thanks.

==============================================================================
ORIGINAL POST:
Yeah...I should have started sooner. Other than being at 7* and their basic usage, they're not Raid or TB or TW worthy.

I'm assuming these 3 should be the priority?

JTR = Leader is Zeta'ed, rest are at 7, and Gear 9 (Speed = 178)
R2D2 = Electroshock & Smoke are Omega'ed, rest are 7, and Gear 9 (Speed = 208)
BB8 = Arc & Covert & Illuminated are Omega'ed, rest are 7, and Gear 8 (Speed = 177)

The rest of them if it matters:

Rey = Max'ed and Zeta'd, Gear 10 (Speed = 224)
Finn = Crack & Hold & Takedown are Omega'ed, Leader is at 7, and Gear 10 (Speed = 171)
Poe = Challenging & Bravado & Ace are at 7, Stand Firm is Max'ed, and Gear 9 (Speed = 161)
R Pilot = Hip & Outmaneuver are at 7, Guerilla is Max'ed, and Gear 8 (Speed = 115 HAHA!)
R Trooper = Flush & Opportune are at 7, Guerilla is Max'ed, and Gear 7 (Speed = 121 HAHA!)

Yes, Holdo and Tico are at Lvl 1, Gear 1, and NOT at 7* :tongue:

Don't worry about Mods, I'll throw them on once I know who should get them, and get some more decent ones with speed.

>I have enough for 1 Zeta, who should get it and which ability?
>Who should be Gear'ed up?
>Who needs to be Omega'ed?
>Who should be looked at after the main 5 or 6 are great?

Thanks.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
Post edited by Metroplex79 on

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Bb8 Roll with the punches or R2 zeta (I forget name - not combat analysis). Then R2 combat analysis. Max Resistance Trooper eventually but Rey is fine for now.

Poe to fill in to tank but Holdo is better even at 4* for the Rey team.

Doesnt hurt to max them all eventually as they are both great teams. ZFinn lead is still awesome for PVE.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    One option is Zfinn. that'll net you Finn, Rt, and poe +2 on one team, and JTR and the droids +2 on the other

I don't recommend it tho. It's an old lead, and it's only getting older. It is likely to pay off in TW offense wins tho

If you don't use zfinn, you are running one team. JTR, bb8, and r2 are needed. The other members worth considering are-
    Finn- constantly team cleanse or spam stun + expsoe. doesn't ever have to use basic
    Poe- aoe expose (triggers lead and give team tm) + taunt
    RT- very fast based off of expose, can spam dispel+ speed down and do damage while doing it
    Scav Rey- not as fast as RT, but hits harder, and might have foresight every once in a while

Holdo is worth looking at if you are willing to gear her. aoe daze (aoe's are great on this team for the exposes. and the daze is always great), don't know about Tico.

Basically, don't use pilot. after the mandatory three, some people like to bring in non-resistance members like Wampa or droids (who boost bb8's initial tm). I believe IG-88 is especially popular because he makes countering the team with NS more difficult.

Scav Rey and RT have the added benefit of being used in HSTR and Haat, if you care about that.
  • Trooper is an all-star on both Finn and Rey teams. On a Finn team you're going to use his basic most of the time, but on a Rey team you want to spam his special--it's worth pointing out that Trooper's buff clearing is independent of damaging, so even an enemy with Foresight will have all their buffs removed. Try not to use it against someone without a debuff, but in an emergency you can deal with it because Trooper is so fast from all the exposes you'll get.

Rose is great on offense, but on defense the AI will use her specials too much. Her basic hits hard and can hit twice, and (with Rey) all crits can lead to exposes. She's one of the only characters that can basically land and break her own expose in the same turn. Her zeta also speeds her up almost comparable with Trooper, but since Trooper doesn't really need to be modded for speed, he'll do more damage in the long run since you can ignore speed mods and just throw more and more crit and offense on him. (I've got him modded for potency since I still mostly use him with Finn, so you need those exposes to stick when they land.

Pilot is good, but not great. Hits hard, but the cooldown on her special is just a little too long to be useful under Rey. Still real good under Finn, though, especially in HAAT. Solid ship, too, but not particularly worth it until there's a Resistance capital ship--if ever.

I don't really like Scavenger Rey anymore, there's just too many debuffs out in the game right now to keep her hitting at full strength. That said, she's a lot of fun in the Sith Raid under Grown Up Rey, since she can just alternate her specials. But one debuff and all of a sudden she's not hitting that well...

Holdo is a great tank with a ton of protection and pretty good health. I like her zeta more for the crit avoidance it gives your folks than for the heal--in practice, my Holdo heals about 3k whenever it triggers, which is okay... But not really worth it. That said, the lower chance of crits is worth it. Her AoE is good against Bastila for clearing exposes, and against Palpatine for the mass daze. Use the heal sparingly, usually it's better to fire off her basic and give someone Foresight.

Resistance is a lot of fun to play and useful in nearly all stages of the game (currently they're weak in fleet, but Poe's ship has uses) and while they won't get #1 in your leaderboard, they're going to keep you competitive.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • If you want to use zFinn also, then use RT w/ Finn.
    Speed.. BB must go first.

And zeta.. I think Combat Analysis should be first.(because you gave zeta on JTR’s lead already)
    Cleansing by crit. is veeeery important.
    Combat Analysis —> Roll with the Punches —> Number Crunch —> Insight —> Virtuous Protector —> Self-Preservation Protocol
    This is ideal zeta order.
  • Thanks all.

Lots to consider, now I have to figure my play style with them, and what the Guild needs.

From what I gather:
    -get Trooper and Poe up and running more
    -if I want to run 2 Resistance teams, zeta up Finn
    -if I run 2 Resistance teams, gotta get Holdo, as Finn and Poe would be on the same team.

• When I came back from 2 years off I made my basic resistance team. I should've done Phoenix
  • Bump. See OP for update.

• I recommend Poe going first then Rey. Poe TM manipulation ensures Rey gets that nice triple hit off early. If you can get Finn following that quick with a fast potent stun before the other team that can matter a lot too
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Doesnt hurt to max them all eventually as they are both great teams. ZFinn lead is still awesome for PVE.

They are really good G11 too with zFinn
  • jtr, bb8, r2, RT and scavenger rey is the best imo. You could put c3po in place of scavenger Rey but you need resistance trooper for his tm gain whenever an expose happens.
  • Also zeta bb8 roll with punches because if jtr calls bb8 to assist then bb8 will call another ally to assist :)