Best resource for figuring out which mods are best?

Hey guys - I've been neglecting my mods for too long and I want to fix that. After Googling, I've found crouchingrancor and one other site that have mod guides for characters, but they seem possibly out-of-date, and some contradict what I've read on forums here when looking up specific characters.

So, I've come to ask: are there any decent resources I should be using to help pick and choose my mods to make big stompy teams!?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• I recommend just playing matches with your squad and taking the learnings yourself.
    For example, one of the key characters in my team was basically always stunned, so I went with tenacity on him, instead of the recommended offense mods. Offense is pointless if he never gets a go.
    Also, guides dont know what your arena is like. Some parts of the arena are flooded with Revans, while below youll be going against zeps.. These requure diferent strategies generally.
  • There is no answer.
    But mods which have secondary speed stat are better.

You must read carefully abilities of your characters.

For example,

General Kenobi: He cannot inflict any debuffs to enemies, which means he doesn’t need potency stat. His role is a tank.
    So, 23.5% protection primary stat mods might be recommended.
    I mods him like this.
    Arrow: 23.5% Prot. (9 spd)
    Triangle: 23.5% Prot. (14 spd)
    Cross: 23.5% Prot. (16 spd)
    Circle: 23.5% Prot. (12 spd)
    Diamond: (16 spd)
    Square: (13 spd)
    4 protection primary stat mods with 80 speed.
    Because of his role, tenacity and health are also important. And I upgrade them by bonus sets. One Tenacity sets and Two health sets.
    I think it’s pretty good.

Another example,

Obi-Wan Kenobi: He is a tank, but he can inflict some debuffs and remove some TM. And also he can taunt.
    It means he should use mind trick first then do taunt as possible as he can.
    So I’m focusing on Speed and Potency first.
    Arrow: 30 spd
    Triangle: 23.5% Prot. (9 spd)
    Cross: 24% Pot. (10 spd)
    Circle: 23.5% Pot. (9 spd)
    Diamond: (10 spd)
    Square: (10 spd)
    Set bonus: Health Pot. Tena.
    Well.. I don’t have great speed mods anymore.. So I can’t give him a speed sets.
    By this I plus his potency over 40% so now his potency is about 55%.
    It could be helpful to use mind trick I guess.

All you need to do is just reading their abilities then choose what stats are the most important for each character.
    BB-8 or Hermit Yoda? Their speeds are crucial. So all in for their speed. I make my BB-8’s speed 290. CLS or Raid Han? Damage is important, so give CD CC mod bonus sets with secondary speeds.

Good luck.
  • RescueToaster
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Roope_immortal That's kind of what I usually do, except I'm more focused for PvE at the moment. I am typically 300-400 rank with my mainly PvE teams, though good PvP teams steamroll me as you'd imagine.. So, basically I'll just keep doing what I'm doing!

@komji15 Thank you very much! That's what I've been doing, but I've noticed I have really low speed in comparison to other teams I see. Even though I have speed on most of my mods, and the 30 speed Arrow mod when possible..

@jhbuchholz Thanks, I'll have to check that out!
  • The discord for that faction is generally very good.
    If for STR, HSTR Project discord has nice battle cards for each team.

Again to be modified for your own use.