I need help on defense...

In the incoming weeks ill be limited to playing this game once a week. What are some good defensive teams that i can leave up in Arena so i haven't slipped past 300 in arena during the week? I have 2 zetas that i can use too if that helps. Thanks for the assist!

https://swgoh.gg/p/548162693/

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I have been away from the game at times as well. If you drop during a vacation you will probably be able to climb back up within a 2—4 days. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

(Why the QGJ lead instead of zBastilla?).
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I have been away from the game at times as well. If you drop during a vacation you will probably be able to climb back up within a 2—4 days. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The offense of QGJ is better
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Here I thought you requested advice on defense. My mistake. I'll move on.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Here I thought you requested advice on defense. My mistake. I'll move on.

Huh? You asked and i answered. QGJ is by no means my defense team. I am. Im aware of a zBastilla lead being ok on defense, but im looking for better options.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Are you absoloutely sure, that Bastilla isn't better on offense as well? All the buffs she can give to GMY to spread around. Undispellable protection up including high tenacity. Ability block on basic.

With Bastilla, GMY, HY, GK and Thrawn you have a solid team

I'd go with zBastilla any day.

But still, I wouldn't worry too much about being away. You will reclaim your rank afterwards.
  • jejuzang wrote: »

No it isn't. Change your lineup to a zBastila lead, then fill out the squad with Grand Master Yoda, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, and General Kenobi, and you'll be all set for both your offense and defense.

No it isn't. Change your lineup to a zBastila lead, then fill out the squad with Grand Master Yoda, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, and General Kenobi, and you'll be all set for both your offense and defense.

Even though its a 6 star GK? And should there be a zeta on Ezra?

Even though its a 6 star GK? And should there be a zeta on Ezra?

You'll want the Zeta on Ezra as soon as you can manage it. It'll definitely help. My Ezra has Flourished for nearly 100k damage, and he can one-shot most characters with that.

Yeah, 6 star GK is okay, since you've got him at G11. How far away are you from getting him to 7*? Getting him finished would definitely help, though. You definitely need to focus on gearing your Arena team, whichever way you decide to go. At your GP level you really ought to have a lot more than 7 characters at G12.

Best,

V
  • I’m running
    zBastila, zGMY, zEzra, zOld Ben, zJolee (all G12) - i oscillate between 15th to 35th @payout and fall to about 55-60 on defence. Teams around me are mainly Revan, CLS + Chewie and Traya.

With your characters:
    Offence - zBastila, zEzra, zGMY, zHoda, GK
    Defence - zBastila, zEzra, zGMY and 2 out of GK, zOld Ben (Devoted Protector) and zJolee

A fast Old Ben with high Potency is killer with Mind Tricks + his Zeta let’s him taunt 1 turn after dispel.

p.s. I’ve got a geared QGJ.....I’d run him if I wanted to drop out of the top 200! ;) (He’s ok on a secondary Jedi team in TWs I guess)
  • Agree with @Shadowscream about Old Ben - I love that guy, and often put him in on my 5th daily battle (pulling out Hermit Yoda). However, I didn't originally recommend him to you, since yours (the OP) is only at G9. Get him up to G12 and he's a star.
  • I’m running
    zBastila, zGMY, zEzra, zOld Ben, zJolee (all G12) - i oscillate between 15th to 35th @payout and fall to about 55-60 on defence. Teams around me are mainly Revan, CLS + Chewie and Traya.

With your characters:
    Offence - zBastila, zEzra, zGMY, zHoda, GK
    Defence - zBastila, zEzra, zGMY and 2 out of GK, zOld Ben (Devoted Protector) and zJolee

A fast Old Ben with high Potency is killer with Mind Tricks + his Zeta let’s him taunt 1 turn after dispel.

p.s. I’ve got a geared QGJ.....I’d run him if I wanted to drop out of the top 200! ;) (He’s ok on a secondary Jedi team in TWs I guess)

What point is Jolee viable?
  • 7* G12 with Zeta in my experience! Before that 2 tanks held better on defence. Speed-wise you want him just slightly slower than Bastila (1 point will do). So that he can immediately send GMY to attack after Bastila uses Rally.
  • Thanks for the advice everyone. Im going to run
    Zbastilla, zGMY, zEzra, zHyoda, and GK.

Since Old Ben isnt geared enough ill leave him out. Unless hes more viable than GK as is currently.
  • No, a G11 GK at 6 stars is better than a G9 OB at 7 stars.