How to use Jedi now?

Hi guys,
As I'm running a (almost) Jedi-only) team (Barriss, Consular, Luminara, Kit Fisto, Chewie) I have big problems with sidious now. I doges almost every attack. Seems unplayable in pvp.

Any ideas how to change my team? I have almost every character (except Maul, old Ben, Rey, daka and anakin) but I can't train them all...so I'd like to see some tips from you guys.

I appreciate your help and sorry for my bad English :smile:

Replies

  • Options
    hotdogreen wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    As I'm running a (almost) Jedi-only) team (Barriss, Consular, Luminara, Kit Fisto, Chewie) I have big problems with sidious now. I doges almost every attack. Seems unplayable in pvp.

    Any ideas how to change my team? I have almost every character (except Maul, old Ben, Rey, daka and anakin) but I can't train them all...so I'd like to see some tips from you guys.

    I appreciate your help and sorry for my bad English :smile:

    I've had Maul for a whil and he just got better, still a bit squishy but does incredible damage, with a good healer (not Bariss now) he's great especially if you get all your opponents down to the red since kill shots reset his turn meter when you have him abilitied up.

    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    The meta has changed to discourage all Jedi teams. You only option in this case is to pound Sidious and hope you get lucky.
  • Options
    It seems crazy, but it's almost like EA punished the big spenders in this game and leveled the playing field for F2P players like myself. Many of the all-Jedi teams contained pay-for players and free players would have been stuck being 2nd rate for the life of the game next to paying players. I also understand and accept that a guy who spends hundreds on upgrades deserves to be better than me team-wise, when I have invested no money into the game.

    If anything, it's EA's pricing on upgrades that scared me off as I could see it becoming a bottomless pit of expensive upgrades and what would have happened to me with my limited budget for gaming is that I'd have this half-upgraded team of misfits with no role or purpose whereas playing free has forced me to be very calculating when I farm for shards.

    I did the math early on this one, If they only would have charged $5-10 for the game and then made upgrades much cheaper, most would have made purchases including myself. The pricing should have been more like $100 unlocks all the players and then all you'd have to do is upgrade players you were interested in. If they used that model, they would have made more money than the current system, where around 10% of their customers spend thousands of dollars and the other 90% spend nothing......
  • Options
    I'd bet they made the most money off the Dooku pack than anything. That was a good deal, the packs should be around that price. Star Wars has way too many possibilities of characters for this game to be trying to nickel and dime for them
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    My current Barriss team of Barriss, Ahsoka, Sidious, Luminara, and Chewie has been doing wonders for me. I use Sidious to keep the other team from being able to heal Maul or Sidious then I just squish them. After that I can just pick away at whoever I want really easily with two tanks, two heals, three attackers and two of which gain health from attacking and enemy deaths all of that plus Barriss' constant healing even though she's been nerfed.
  • Chewdoka
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It seems crazy, but it's almost like EA punished the big spenders in this game and leveled the playing field for F2P players like myself. Many of the all-Jedi teams contained pay-for players and free players would have been stuck being 2nd rate for the life of the game next to paying players. I also understand and accept that a guy who spends hundreds on upgrades deserves to be better than me team-wise, when I have invested no money into the game.

    If anything, it's EA's pricing on upgrades that scared me off as I could see it becoming a bottomless pit of expensive upgrades and what would have happened to me with my limited budget for gaming is that I'd have this half-upgraded team of misfits with no role or purpose whereas playing free has forced me to be very calculating when I farm for shards.

    I did the math early on this one, If they only would have charged $5-10 for the game and then made upgrades much cheaper, most would have made purchases including myself. The pricing should have been more like $100 unlocks all the players and then all you'd have to do is upgrade players you were interested in. If they used that model, they would have made more money than the current system, where around 10% of their customers spend thousands of dollars and the other 90% spend nothing......

    Yes... It seems those who spent to get those Kit fitsu, qui Gon, Barriss, Aayla, ima gun, Ben Kenobi p2w teams got smacked down hard. I've never seen a company screw over their big spenders like this. I'm a bit amazed that the f2p toons are so much stronger than the pay to win ones.

    Aside from the Jedi... Even toons like cad bane are outclassed by easily farmed f2p. Amazing!
  • Options
    I use a mix of Jedi and sith. When I want defense I use Dooku as lead and Sid as my damage focused leader. Then I add Ahsoka, JC and Barriss (I'll be replacing her with Lumi when she's geared/starred). I don't have too many problems but I'm a mid rate (top 100) so I don't see the toughest ranks.

    There are going to be balance changes over time. You don't play a game like this without those sorts of changes. While I agree the latest nerfs were heavy handed, people shouldn't spend money if they can't keep their expectations in line.
  • Options
    Chewdoka wrote: »
    Aside from the Jedi... Even toons like cad bane are outclassed by easily farmed f2p. Amazing!

    Not that much. Jedi's weren't nerfed, Sid was made evasive to avoid having him dead every single first turn. And Sid cannit be unlocked "easily". You may get 5 shards per day if competitive in Arena, but thise that have him starred up either used Chromium packs like hell, or rank to 10 in the Arena and can do 2.5 rounds of 5 yards per day.

    Otherwise, just getting the last star will require like 20 full Arena days (if you rank higher maybe a little less). Or fully unlocking him may take 4 months (to 7 stars). So Jedi teams are safe from almost any that doesn't spend or rank top 10, for quite a while.
  • Options
    Use defense. Sid AoE is his death when facing a counter-team of Jedi's. And his Immune is no use when Barriss is present. Nothing has changed much, just ignore him until you kill a few enemies. If you focus him, he will evade a lot, and any of your Jedi's falling add 15% to his health. His high evade effectively make him like an 10,500 hp toon, that self heals whenever anyone dies. Without the AoE, Sid is not a threat, and the counters you earn tear him down, as regardless of his 35p evasion, all your counters are free. If your team isn't counter but you have Ben and Leia for eg. Then your enemy has worst problems to deal.
  • Options
    Unless you are running imma leader jedi counter teams jedi are a little lacking compared to the other options available. Ben is still a great debuff option and lumi I'd an easy mixed attacker to add but other than those I would be surprised if you managed to hold a spot in the top 50 now.
  • Options
    #1 in my server is using a full jedi team, in the last week I've never seen him loosing #1.
  • Options
    In my server regular top #1 to #3 are Jedi's. I do take them down often, but the 7* Leia and Ben with 7* Qi Gon is a pain.
  • Options
    Leia is way too OP and bugged at the moment where she procs critical chance buff on everybody 100% of time and she hits you almost guaranteed 3-4 times each attack
  • Options
    Yeah I still see a few top 5 Jedi teams and then all teams seem to have at least 2 Jedi. I think it takes a lot more than Sid getting an evade buff and Maul - who's not widely available anyway - getting a damage bonus to kill Jedi; Jedi can still strike him down before he moves. Calling the Jedi dead was premature. Sith more on par and able to contest them better? Yes, but they do not just dominate Jedi. I've also seen Jinn used very well for Jedi with his speed leader ability, which can set up Obi Wan going much earlier in the match. That will disable any team really and give Jedi a big upper hand early on. Jedi just have so many options they can never be dead. Possibly some combos can be dead but if you have the entire roster of Jedi available they are incredibly versatile with all their multiple leader skills. Then we will have more high level Jedi coming in the future.

    You can barely make an entire Sith team (Opress, Dooku, Vader, Sid, Maul). Vader is unfarmable, Maul is unfarmable, Dooku is a slow farm...Opress and Sid are the only toons easily buildable.

    If facing Sid, just make sure to have a few non-Jedi in the lineup to hit him. That's the only adjustment for me. Sid is still pretty squishy against any non-Jedi and the AI doesn't use him very well.
Sign In or Register to comment.