Imperial Troopers....

Other threads on here make me think I can’t do the Imp. Probe mission :(
If I’ve got
zVeers, Magma, Snow, Storm and Starck at 7* and Omegas mostly done......what gear level would This suboptimal lineup need? I can’t farm Shore/Death/Range right now due to other higher priorities (mainly Kotor toons —> Revan unlock next time).

Is it possible? And what gear level?

Replies

• My experience is that without Shore and DT you don't stand a chance but maybe others have other experiences
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bytestream wrote: »
    My experience is that without Shore and DT you don't stand a chance but maybe others have other experiences

In my experience Storm is actually better than Shore for this event. G9 Storm with arena quality mods will do.

However, Magmatrooper is quite a bit weaker than DT for this event and requires high gear level. I have completed the event with 5*/g9 DT (again, arena quality mods), when I couldn't with 7*/g10 magma. If OP is close to 5*'ing DT it might be worth it before going back to farming KOTOR toons (yes, it's risky as long as noone knows, when Revan's event returns)
  • Going to be trying it tomorrow for the first time with a non-DT squad. Only g8-9, I'll let you know how it goes. Range Trooper instead of DT. The amount of assists+retribution should more than make up for DTs lack of attendance.
  • How did it work @Vendi1983 ?
  • CLS left at the end. Lost Shore in the opening round. Hoping to get him to G10 before the next DSTB. That should carry me over.

Also the only omegas I had were Veers lead, and Snow/Range specials. Starck's omegas will really help bring them up I think.
  • e8jtgswg8rbc.png

Versus a g11-12 7* Jedi team. Mace, Ima, Ashoka, Luminara and Kanan. Not the greatest but they were about 85,000 power to my 56,000.
  • Next round. Versus a zBoba lead all G12/7* mix team on the last defence zone. Really enjoying the ridiculous-ness of this squad.

rkjvdhpdmx6m.png
  • Ok. So second attempt at the IPD mission will be this upcoming Sunday. Our Guild has grown so I'm hoping for more platoons to be filled, granting the air strike and AT-AT special attack more frequently/with increased damage.

Here's where I'm at:

zVeers 7*/G10 all abilities maxed. 210 speed
    Starck 5*/G9 all omegas. 250 speed (+20 more from Veers lead)
    Range 7*/G8 "Steady" Omega, 175 speed
    Snow 7*/G8 AoE Omega, 155 speed
    Shore 6*/G9 taunt Omega, 155 speed

Fingers crossed that the G9 Shore carries it over the finish line.
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/991589674/characters/?f=Imperial+Trooper
    I do the IPD node with Veers zeta, zeta starck, snowtrooper, stormtrooper and shoretrooper. Not hugely difficult, just need to make starck fastest, so he can throw up his scan. Both zetas are important, and it requires some strategy, mainly kill Han, Leia and Luke in that order. I typically try to get phase one done and finish with just basics, so next phase I have all abilities ready to go.
  • I actually don't find the zeta on Veers to be that big of a difference maker on this mission. Range Trooper helps with the DPS and since assists don't trigger counters. I don't know if Starck only being 5* is going to hurt you as long as he's fast enough to go first.

I can say that having DT for the daze on his basic (especially with Range's retribution) really helps with the constant counter-attacking in the first stage.

Anyway, good luck to you!
  • I am partial to Storm instead of Shore on a Trooper team. Storm gives +30% defense bonus to his mates, while Shore only provides an extra +10% health which (obviously) only comes into play once protection is gone. With Veers' unique regenerating 10% protection every time an enemy is defeated, Shore's unique rarely comes into play while Storm's unique is always active.

There are lots of places where Shore is a better choice, but for the IPD mission Storm provides better cover for the rest of the squad.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Shore, however, grants TM to any trooper/Empire ally that uses a special while he's taunting. Figure anything to make them "faster"
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Shore, however, grants 15% TM to any trooper/Empire ally that uses a special while he's taunting. Figure anything to make them "faster"

Good point, forgot that part.
  • I did Rebel Roundup with them, first two tiers as they aren't all 7*. Other than Round 1 the other team barely earned any TM. It was almost depressing.
  • Wow that went better than expected!

Managed to 6* Starck just before I went in. Only Range died in the final round, CLS had buff immunity on Shore so he couldn't taunt.

roaukoa4dce1.png
  • Just completed Imp droid mission for the first time.

Stats are -

5 Star zVeers, death trooper and shoretrooper. 6 Star Starck and Snowtrooper

Veers, Snowtrooper, Death trooper and Shoretrooper are gear 10. Starck is gear 9. All of them are some of the way to next gear level.

All have mods - Starck is 234 speed, Veers 183, Snowtrooper and death trooper are around 164. Shore is only 113 as I’ve gone for health.

Used a useful post as a guide for how to clear the stage. Got to stage 2 intact and cleaned up solo first, Leia and then CLS. Had 4 characters left at the end.
  • Flew through this time. Finally finished 7*'ing my Troopers right before the January TB and stopped gearing them shortly after. Might invest a bit more for raids but they can clear all waves in all the TB phases so far:

zVeers G10 223 speed + CC
    Starck G9 253 speed + health
    Range G9 179 offense + tenacity
    Snow G9 164 offense + CC
    Shore G10 171 all health

Still missing some omegas too.