Chewbacca

Trake
148 posts Member
I’m just going to ask...has anyone heard if chewie is coming back anytime soon or not? I’m only asking because I have his g12 piece waiting thinking it might be out this month. There’s still no calendar so I don’t have the needed info. If it’s not for a month or 2 I’ll use that piece on a different g12 character. Some of you seem to get info early so maybe someone knows.

Replies

• Options
    Soon?
    Ooba hutar.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I hope you have several blast furnace plenty of syringes and of course carbantis. No we dont know
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    This month I mean.
    Soon?

• joel42000
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What would a winter season be without Chewie. Most people have crappy BH squads that will take days to 7* him, so perfect event for the holidays to keep people busy and not to switch to other games.
  • Options
    Hope for soon, plan for tomorrow, but once you complete the requirement, expect next month (reset this step on the 1st of each month).
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164741/dev-blog-character-release-and-event-cadence-3-30-2018
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    Inside of the studio we have a concept of “New” events and “Legacy” events. This applies to all matter of event types for us – Assault Battles, Fleet Mastery, Omega Battles, etc.

Legendary and Mythic events are considered New the first and second times that they appear to the player base.
    For a New Legendary or Mythic event we will be providing players at least one week of advanced notice that the event is coming. This notice will come in the Developer Announcement section of our forums. Our intent with this strategy is twofold:
    First, we believe that there is a tremendous amount of excitement when a Legendary or Mythic is first announced and we want to preserve that ability to surprise our players.
    Second, in the initial two runs of the events, we believe players that have invested widely and made preparation for the event should be rewarded for their diligence.
    A Legendary or Mythic event becomes a Legacy event after its first two runs. In those instances, we will be adding those Legendaries and Mythics to the event calendar when we post the calendar for the next month at the end of the current month.

Chewbacca won't be in the calendar even IF he is returning in December
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I hope you have several blast furnace plenty of syringes and of course carbantis. No we dont know
    I have the piece already, mine is 6*, couldn’t quite pull off the 7*. But if he’s not coming this month I can do snow or storm han or Ezra.
  • Options
    Trake wrote: »
    I’m just going to ask...has anyone heard if chewie is coming back anytime soon or not? I’m only asking because I have his g12 piece waiting thinking it might be out this month. There’s still no calendar so I don’t have the needed info. If it’s not for a month or 2 I’ll use that piece on a different g12 character. Some of you seem to get info early so maybe someone knows.

Keep in mind that when the calendar drops, it won’t list the Chewie event even if it is on the schedule. The first two times that a new event runs, it’s not included on the calendar, to keep it a surprise. I think they’ll announce it on the forums about a week before it returns though.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    Based on the release cadence, the Chewbacca event is still "New" and will not be on the event calendar. You will only receive 1 week advance notice of the start of the event.

Based on the typical timing of legendary events, it *should* return sometimes in december or January. The event last started 9/27/18, so 3-4 months between events would put its return somewhere 12/27-1/27.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options

Keep in mind that when the calendar drops, it won’t list the Chewie event even if it is on the schedule. The first two times that a new event runs, it’s not included on the calendar, to keep it a surprise. I think they’ll announce it on the forums about a week before it returns though.
    Yeah I thought of that too, was hoping I’d be wrong. I’d like him for my heroic sith team, he’s got one of his zetas, the g12 piece is ready, I just need the **** event lol. Was hoping one of you guys might have the 411 early. Some of you seem to have that talent.
  • Options

Yeah I thought of that too, was hoping I’d be wrong. I’d like him for my heroic sith team, he’s got one of his zetas, the g12 piece is ready, I just need the **** event lol. Was hoping one of you guys might have the 411 early. Some of you seem to have that talent.

For the reasons @jkray622 mentioned, there’s a decent chance Chewie returns this month. But if somebody other than a dev comes on here and says it’s a sure thing, they’re either lying or breaching confidentiality.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options

For the reasons @jkray622 mentioned, there’s a decent chance Chewie returns this month. But if somebody other than a dev comes on here and says it’s a sure thing, they’re either lying or breaching confidentiality.

In the end I guess it doesn’t matter, I’ll just save the piece. I was just curious, I only here of things on here but some people seem to have other sources
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options

In the end I guess it doesn’t matter, I’ll just save the piece. I was just curious, I only here of things on here but some people seem to have other sources
    *hear not here.

• Options
    Dec 25 as per the calendar
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Options

*hear not here.
    Lol my bad