Ewoks for c3po

Replies

• Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    But if its ewoks are we gonna fight against c3po?

Good point. I bet we need Imp troopers or jawas. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Skyfrager59
    243 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If the event indeed needs F2P toons like Chewbacca, there is no doubt it will be just as hard. I don't think it will be ewoks as it would not generate much revenue and many players have farmed them for events. I don't even think it would be Troopers either since all are F2P as well.
    I think (hope) 3PO will be GA reward but, like all of us, I speculate. CG can always throw us a curve ball...
    Let's wait and see. Should not be long now.
  • Options
    Stop saying Ewoks are the same faction. They're not. They're the same alignment but not the same faction. He's not gonna have the ewok tag, even if he might have some synergy with them.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    But if its ewoks are we gonna fight against c3po?

Literally the first thing they do is take the entire Rebel team hostage and try eating them. Very likely that we fight Rebels in order to "free" the ewok god.
  • Options
    Landale3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of the farming happening too. But, is it just speculative? Or has there been confirmation that C3P0 will be Legendary and not just some Marquee release? We have all been surprised in the past.

Just speculative, but the unfortunate thing is that most players need to move on speculation and hope they are right or they get left out.

So in this case, the most rational speculations (not in order) are:

1) It's a marquee event, in which case no additional prep is needed
    2) It's a legendary requiring Ewoks at relatively high gear
    3) It's a legendary requiring Imperial Troopers (likely at very high gear)
    4) It's a Grand Arena reward, in which case no specific prep is required

So since most players have Troopers in pretty good shape for DSTB, the likely case is a player who still needs to star and gear some Ewoks, but needs to devote way less resources to get Troopers in gear. It's possible that if Troopers are needed, that Range Trooper will be the crutch that makes this event most easily passable -- but I think it would be pretty hard to design an event that is totally unbeatable without Range Trooper. We usually find a way.

So from a prep stand point, the most sensible course of action is: Star up your ewoks, push them to G8/9 or so, hoard all higher level gear so you most appriopriately react once the event lands.
  • Options
    Camakin wrote: »
    miketo wrote: »
    Jedi needed for Yoda, otherwise it is typically an opposing faction to unlock a legendary. You are most welcome, captain obvious has chimed in. Now, here are my thoughts...

C3-PO will be the paywall for Jedi Luke. Get ready for unlocking the golden annoyance with multiple factions. Jawas and Ewoks. You'll also need R2.

I actually think something like this is going to happen. He could have a hero’s journey starting with-
    1. R2D2 needed with him to escape from the empire on Tantive 1
    2. Jawas needed to capture him and R2 on tatooine
    3. Either Farmboy Luke needed to buy 3po and R2 from Jawas or Jawas needed to sell them to Farmboy Luke
    4. Farmboy Luke, R2, St. Han, Old Ben, Chewie needed to take 3po to Death Star
    5. CLS, Chewie, Raid Han, R2, ROLO needed to escape from Hoth
    6. Ewoks needed to capture 3po on Endor

There could even be ugnaughts Lobot and lando needed to repair him on bespin, possibly unlock the OT falcon etc.

Not a chance
    At all
    Seriously, no way on hell
    We've had 2 heroes journeys for the main character of thier trilogy and a different journey for one of the most hyped eu characters
    He could get a legendary for being an iconic ot character, absolutely nothing at all to merit a heroes journey
    I really hope you're being sarcastic, or at least drunk
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I assume it’s similar to Chewie where they release a new Ewok who is marquee, and is almost essential for the strategy to get a C3PO legendary. Or they do this with Imp Troopers and hopefully, we get Scout Trooper.
  • Options
    I have already all ewoks maxed out G12 etc... so then CG will give free C3P0 ?
    I doubt it

Same for Chewbacca too. No need to doubt.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    True. I farm everyone anyway haha. Bout to top over 3m gp

I like the Ewoks already, once they have Zetas, looking at you Chirpa and Wicket, but i havent gotten em past G10/11.

I only got the jawas to 7* G10 for the mod challenge but that went south.
  • Options
    Grizz331 wrote: »
    Instead of working on your Ewoks in anticipation, or jawas for that matter, try demonstrating some discipline by hoarding gear. That way you have it covered either way.

This. 100x over. If your ewoks aren't 7*, sure, you can gamble and focus farm their shards, but CG just told us an iconic character is coming out. So you really have 2 options:
    1) hoard all gear and currency. You know you're going to need it. Buy carbs and stun guns with all guild currency until the format of the release is announced. Ignore the mod shop. Save crystals.
    2) disregard and continue down whatever path you've chosen. You have a goal set, so go get it.

You can't do both. Well, you can't do both without large sums of monetary investment.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    Landale3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of the farming happening too. But, is it just speculative? Or has there been confirmation that C3P0 will be Legendary and not just some Marquee release? We have all been surprised in the past.

Just speculative, but the unfortunate thing is that most players need to move on speculation and hope they are right or they get left out.

So in this case, the most rational speculations (not in order) are:

1) It's a marquee event, in which case no additional prep is needed
    2) It's a legendary requiring Ewoks at relatively high gear
    3) It's a legendary requiring Imperial Troopers (likely at very high gear)
    4) It's a Grand Arena reward, in which case no specific prep is required

So since most players have Troopers in pretty good shape for DSTB, the likely case is a player who still needs to star and gear some Ewoks, but needs to devote way less resources to get Troopers in gear. It's possible that if Troopers are needed, that Range Trooper will be the crutch that makes this event most easily passable -- but I think it would be pretty hard to design an event that is totally unbeatable without Range Trooper. We usually find a way.

So from a prep stand point, the most sensible course of action is: Star up your ewoks, push them to G8/9 or so, hoard all higher level gear so you most appriopriately react once the event lands.

Uhh... don't forget the jawas. The funny thing is, while everyone is thinking it's gonna be ewoks and then they announce jawas are needed... yeah. That would be crazy. Talk about panic farming. lol
  • Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    True. I farm everyone anyway haha. Bout to top over 3m gp

I like the Ewoks already, once they have Zetas, looking at you Chirpa and Wicket, but i havent gotten em past G10/11.

I only got the jawas to 7* G10 for the mod challenge but that went south.

Not clear. What went south? Because jawas aren't that good?
  • Options
    Because Jawas are no longer required for Crit Damage mods and that was really all they were good for. True they worked in certain phases of certain raids, but no more than other teams with a higher reward for investment ratio.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Because Jawas are no longer required for Crit Damage mods and that was really all they were good for. True they worked in certain phases of certain raids, but no more than other teams with a higher reward for investment ratio.

Ahhhh. :open_mouth: Gotcha. I forgot about that since I've already 3 starred all the mod challenges. Anyway. Thanks mate.
  • Options

G10 is massive overkill, you could 3* the challenge with g7/8 and poor mods
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

G10 is massive overkill, you could 3* the challenge with g7/8 and poor mods

That's what I did ages ago when they required jawas. I haven't done anything to them since. Level 70 gear 7 and poor mods. 3 starred it on my first or second try too iirc. :)
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    C3P0 will be a rebel, last part of the cls team. Cls,chewie,ham r2 and c3p0. Maybe ewokes are needed but I hope it's chewie. C3p0 don't have specific enemy's and has more interaction with rebels than ewoke. Still they did worship him as a god. I'm still gonna finish chirpa jic. C3p0 will be used as a buff character for r2d2 which will probably make that team meta challenging and I would expect him to work in a similar way to bb8
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    tomostef wrote: »
    So misleading headline....i hate those....i would never click on it if i know it was just a speculation....

You must have missed the game changer videos and ewok guide. Granted I posted this because I was watching a game changer stream and noticed the activity in his guild. Seeing their videos posted after removed speculation for me. I would follow them, usually has great insight while not entirely directly suggested.
  • Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Uhh... don't forget the jawas. The funny thing is, while everyone is thinking it's gonna be ewoks and then they announce jawas are needed... yeah. That would be crazy. Talk about panic farming. lol

I did forget them, but it's similar -- probably not a lot of panic required for a veteran to have Jawas ready, just gear expenditure.

That said, I don't see Jawas being the hook -- perhaps if they'd introduced a couple new ones three months back as marquees this would be more likely. Jawas are just so outdated, they're not very good (making it hard to structure an event around them I think) and they don't have zetas. So perhaps missing a lot of the ingredients to make them a real long term pressure point.

• Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

I did forget them, but it's similar -- probably not a lot of panic required for a veteran to have Jawas ready, just gear expenditure.

That said, I don't see Jawas being the hook -- perhaps if they'd introduced a couple new ones three months back as marquees this would be more likely. Jawas are just so outdated, they're not very good (making it hard to structure an event around them I think) and they don't have zetas. So perhaps missing a lot of the ingredients to make them a real long term pressure point.

I can't find it searching in the archives, so it may have been during one of the interviews Carrie hopped on, but I recall them saying that Jawas are effectively a dead faction and have no future plans for a rework or requiring them for gameplay. It was quite the **** move to make them required for crit dmg mods, especially with the scarcity of Jawa Engineer shards, but at least you didn't need to gear them up much to 3 star that mod challenge.

Long way of saying: "i'll bet $1,000 Jawas aren't needed for 3po"
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Cubsfan just released a video confirming Ewoks are needed. Any combination of ewoks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZjsZK4DEsM
  • Options
    I love ewoks
  • GuiddoDrkmtn
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So it is in fact Ewoks for C3P0. What do we think is the best possible 5 Ewok team?
  • Options
    Chirpa, Logray, Paploo, Elder, Wicket
  • Options
    Any of the 5 I don't have ready, which is all of them :(
  • Options
    Chirpa lead, Wicket, Logray, Paploo and Ewok Elder

Ewok Scout instead of Elder if more damage is needed
  • Options
    I wonder if Teebo will work instead of Logray. My Teebo is much higher geared already...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    G12, all zeta ready to go. Delicious.