Remove Saturated Challenge Gear from Guild Store/Shard Shop

I have 1098 Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage (available in the STR Gear Challenge), 1213 Mk 5 Medpack Salvage (available in TAC Gear Challenge), and 2127 Mk 9 Data Pad Salvage (available in AGI Gear Challenge).

I'm 100% positive that no one ever buys this gear from the shard shop or guild store when they show up. They take up places where the other possible gear shows up. I don't like playing the waiting game to purchase the gear I do need just because these worthless pieces that we have thousands of are present in the store's rotation. Please consider removing them from these store shipments. :smile:

Replies

• Options
    Lol, ahh the idealism of youthful accounts,

Just wait, you will beg for those mk8 imp,ants once you actually start building up, The other two, meh, but the mk8, Remember this, you will buy them.
  • Options
    nz4u0c9rr5hy.jpg
    j2y7yd3gpac7.jpg

For examples in my personal stores right now.
  • Options
    Lol, ahh the idealism of youthful accounts,

Just wait, you will beg for those mk8 imp,ants once you actually start building up, The other two, meh, but the mk8, Remember this, you will buy them.

"Youthful" accounts? Dude, I've been playing since 4 months after launch. The items I've mentioned are ridiculously over saturated. They aren't their counterparts that have the traditional slow farm associated with them. Attached is a picture showing the gear I'm talking about. These pieces of gear that you build thousands of in storage because their counterpart is more difficult to farm does not need to be in the guild store or shard store.

h4drz87r0xc3.jpg
  • Options
    I believe that you are thinking of the Mk 8 Implant Component, the one everyone needs hundreds of. The one that's used to make the prototype.
  • Options
    Wrong lad, I know full well which mk8, I also know that you are wrong regarding this mk8, try gearing your roster up, that little 1100ish that you have will disappear rapidly.

Try searching and seeing the comments from when the devs removed it from raid rewards, Tunes changed.

• Options
    Wrong lad, I know full well which mk8, I also know that you are wrong regarding this mk8, try gearing your roster up, that little 1100ish that you have will disappear rapidly.

Try searching and seeing the comments from when the devs removed it from raid rewards, Tunes changed.

I've seen overall approval for the decision to remove challenge gear from the HAAT. The fact is that you can get 40-60 of the implant salvage a week. You can't get that much of it's counterpart in a week without spending money (or a stockpile of crystals) or dedicating your guild store/shard shop currency to this farm, and therefore you will always be running with a huge surplus.
  • Options
    Show me that you are in an honest deficit of this salvage and I'll believe you, and I'll retract my argument. As it stands now I've never found myself wanting the above listed pieces of challenge gear because the rate at which we earn their prototype components is drastically slower. I'm ok with the rate at which we earn them, that is part of the bottleneck. But the fact that the challenge gear takes up space in the guild store is beyond annoying, when it is already accessible to the F2P farmer.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182032/challenge-gear-in-raids-we-have-had-enough

This is the first post I saw where someone mentioned needed those implant salvage pieces, but as you can see, a majority of the people on this post agree with me. If you aren't patient enough to get the 60 a week from challenges you could always spend energy to farm them or just buy the fully crafted implant with crystals seeing as what you mentioned is really only an issue with the people that have high crystals, not a majority of the player base.
  • Options
    Try gearing at g10/11/12,

Challenge gear removed from raids, sure, except the mk8, is what was asked for repeatedly, if you don’t understand why they are wanted, then you aren’t all that developed usually.

As for how many, I have been saving up, I have Mebbe 200 now, with s long list of who needs them, they are required for many pieces to complete gears. Try looking at how many you need , then think about it.
    The other two pieces you are complaining about, have at it, they are barely needed. The mk8, both parts, should be viewed as the mk3 carbanti wall version 2.0
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182032/challenge-gear-in-raids-we-have-had-enough

This is the first post I saw where someone mentioned needed those implant salvage pieces, but as you can see, a majority of the people on this post agree with me. If you aren't patient enough to get the 60 a week from challenges you could always spend energy to farm them or just buy the fully crafted implant with crystals seeing as what you mentioned is really only an issue with the people that have high crystals, not a majority of the player base.

You should read mega thread from when they removed the implant salvage from the raid rewards. There was a small uproar.

I've watched mine go from 2000+ to just under 400 over the past months so I believe it.
  • Options
    I'll even save you some searching. Here's a link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182584/sith-raid-changes-megathread

And the 5th comment in:
    9droavch5buz.jpeg
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I'll even save you some searching. Here's a link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/182584/sith-raid-changes-megathread

And the 5th comment in:
    9droavch5buz.jpeg

I agree that we need tons of mk 8 implants. We also need tons of mk 5 stun guns and mk 5 droid callers. There are bottlenecks, but the needed implant salvage is attainable in 1-2 weeks of just challenge farming. Without using crystals, you will have a hard time getting the required mk 8 components in 1-2 weeks unless you dedicate all of your guild currency to farming that, but at that point you wouldn't need to farm the salvage from the guild store either would you?

But fine, I believe both of you have proved your point enough that this particular salvage is worthy of remaining in the guild store and I won't complain about it being in the store further. The rest however are absolute garbage.
  • Options

And the 5th comment in:
    9droavch5buz.jpeg

I agree that we need tons of mk 8 implants. We also need tons of mk 5 stun guns and mk 5 droid callers. There are bottlenecks, but the needed implant salvage is attainable in 1-2 weeks of just challenge farming. Without using crystals, you will have a hard time getting the required mk 8 components in 1-2 weeks unless you dedicate all of your guild currency to farming that, but at that point you wouldn't need to farm the salvage from the guild store either would you?

But fine, I believe both of you have proved your point enough that this particular salvage is worthy of remaining in the guild store and I won't complain about it being in the store further. The rest however are absolute garbage.

Why wouldn't you use crystals? They're dirt cheap in shipments.
  • Options

And the 5th comment in:
    9droavch5buz.jpeg

Why wouldn't you use crystals? They're dirt cheap in shipments.

They are super cheap in shipments, them and the medpack components, and honestly a good deal. I'm not using crystals right now for gear because I'm stockpiling for the new dark side legendary character coming out in feb. (Darth Revan/Malak)
  • Options
    Show me that you are in an honest deficit of this salvage and I'll believe you, and I'll retract my argument. As it stands now I've never found myself wanting the above listed pieces of challenge gear because the rate at which we earn their prototype components is drastically slower. I'm ok with the rate at which we earn them, that is part of the bottleneck. But the fact that the challenge gear takes up space in the guild store is beyond annoying, when it is already accessible to the F2P farmer.

I currently have 172 prototypes and 263 of the challenge gear. So i barely have the spare right now and i haven't bought the 375 crystal prototype from shipments for a good 2 months at least because i jave had such a shortage on the challenge gear piece. All it takes is for me to cave and spend these and 1 completed one from a tank and I'm fully out.

h07s3257r0yc.jpg

l5ttw9385n0m.jpg