General Grievous Rework

Jigglybeantv
83 posts Member
edited December 2018
Dear Capital Games,
Two years ago, General Grievous was added to the game. I worked hard to farm him, one of my favorite characters, only to find out that he sucks. Two years of torment for Grievous, Ahnaldt101 threatening to delete his channel, ignored requests from the community, Grievous is due for a rework! Why is he horrible, as one of the most iconic Star Wars characters, now with Ahnaldt101 threatening to delete his channel, this puts me over the edge. Do you guys realize what this ignored character with a rework need has done to us players?! Two Years of demands, cries, pleads, petitions, threats, quitters, wasted farming, this proves that General Grievous needs a complete rework! And soon too! Please listen to this Capital Games, you are our only hope.
Sincerely,
JigglybeanTV
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Yeah it's pretty crap. I spent 5 months diligently flushing shards down the toilet to aquire him (effecting my long term roster to a certain extent). Got about 1 month of him (kinda sucking) in arena, got pretty annoyed when they put him in shipments (i was 7* at that stage), and have never used him for anything meaningful since.

I want a rework, but it would be great if CG rework him a little more plug and play. First and foremost he should be a strong droid leader with separatist and droid synergy. However, the speculation about heavy synergy (read dependency) with an unreleased droideka makes no sense to me (aside from the obvious commercial benefit of a marquee panic). Magnaguard fits the bill a bit more in terms of lore, but having a co-op reliance like jtr+bb8 will pigeon hole him.

Diversity with this character will allow for a bit more player creativity and imo fun.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »

However, the speculation about heavy synergy (read dependency) with an unreleased droideka makes no sense to me (aside from the obvious commercial benefit of a marquee panic). Magnaguard fits the bill a bit more in terms of lore, but having a co-op reliance like jtr+bb8 will pigeon hole him.

I completely agree. Droideka makes 0 sense and I don't think he should be the character release that makes GG good. Just because they are both separatists and droids doesn't mean they should have crazy synergy that isn't a part of the lore. I do however think that droideka should be a character in the game someday. Maybe one of those general droid guys from the clone wars could be a Hoda (Hopefully 3P0) type character that will boost GG usability.
    I think we just need to have patience because GG rework will 100% come eventually. I think they will start focusing on it soon if they haven't already. Hopefully I have GG 7* by then

• GG needs to be reworked and come with his capital ship. Add in a B1 droid for another separatist pilot too.
  • Dear Capital Games,
    Two years ago, General Grievous was added to the game. I worked hard to farm him, one of my favorite characters, only to find out that he sucks. Two years of torment for Grievous, Ahnaldt101 threatening to delete his channel, ignored requests from the community, Grievous is due for a rework! Why is he horrible, as one of the most iconic Star Wars characters, now with Ahnaldt101 threatening to delete his channel, this puts me over the edge. Do you guys realize what this ignored character with a rework need has done to us players?! Two Years of demands, cries, pleads, petitions, threats, quitters, wasted farming, this proves that General Grievous needs a complete rework! And soon too! Please listen to this Capital Games, you are our only hope.
    Sincerely,
    JigglybeanTV

They can`t even release calender for December, and you are trying to get GG rework... Forget about it for another half of the year (or more)
  • raid han was in game quite a while before he was made usefull, same for baris and OFC GK, was also in the game for a huge amount of time before he was made usefull and OP, be patient Droids will come
  • Dear Capital Games,
    Sincerely,
    JigglybeanTV

+100 Im with you
  • Dear Capital Games,
    Sincerely,
    JigglybeanTV

If I could react laugh, I would.

Fully agree and endorse this topic.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    ahnalt threatening to delete his channel, lmao
  • He was supposed to get reworked in Novemember, but... we know what happened
  • Wasn't there already official word that GG is not due this quarter?
  • Does anyone else literally not give a kitten if someone deleted there YouTube channel?

• Everyone knew what his kit was when they were grinding his shards in the shard shop and now the fleet shop. Should he be better than he is? Probably but I can think of more iconic toons other than Grievous that are more deserving of a rework- Mace, JKA, Snips to name a few. He probably should have a capital ship but the bugs are already meta they would just get stronger. If they do release a capital ship for him they better include a boatload of prestige to upgrade it. It’s already ridiculous how much prestige it takes to upgrade a ship we already have.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events. We are hoping to take the lessons learned from the Clone Wars TW and apply it to the future, especially as Grand Arena will cover the “play it the right way” fix for TW style competition.
  • Do the right thing, rework grievous :,(
  • I'm Tevlodi Obight, president of the Rights for Grievous Rework Association, and I approve this message.