What's the impact of Abandoning Prestigious Quests?

With the addition of several new Prestigious Quests, can anyone tell me what will happen to my current ongoing quests?

For example - will it retain all progress I have on that quest, and simply not progress while it's abandoned? Will I have to restart the quest from the very beginning? Will all progress from my current tier be erased, but any earned tiers remain completed?

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You can activate all the quests at once. No need to do one at a time.

I have 3/4 of the original ones going, as I don't have ATF so can't even activate it.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    You are limited on the number you can have active at one time.
  • Then the limit is 3 I guess. Cool. Nowhere near giving a hoot about Grand Arena so I can ignore those. Awesome!
  • G12+ gear for doing something I was probably going to do in GA anyways? Yes please.
  • G12+ gear for doing something I was probably going to do in GA anyways? Yes please.

I know right? It's awesome there are g12+ prototypes for basically just using Han, Traya, and GK.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    None you may select then again later to continue working on them. No loss of progress.

This is INCORRECT. I abandoned my Jedi Knight (2 of 4) quest. Then I re-started that quest, and the counter for "winning squad arena battles with only Jedi" went from 10/10 (pre-abandon) back to 0/10.

You do lose ALL progress for your current in-progress phase.

Edit - if I had abandoned the Bounty Hunter one, I would have lost all 45 Wampa kill progress on my Boba Fett quest, and set me back months. Please don't answer if you're not certain. @3pourr2
  • Yes the game actually prompts you of this if you click to "abandon" your current quest. If you're on 2/4, you'll still be 2/4 when you restart it, but the individual quests for level 2 are reset to 0.
  • Yes, I saw the prompt. But the whole reason I asked here was to see if people had actual knowledge of what the game would do. Sometimes the game has incorrect information listed.
  • you'll lose the progress for that stage
    if you are at 2/4, with 1000 kills or 5 wins, and you abandone, then it will stay at 2/4 (won't restart all over to 1/4, so that's good) but the progress on that quest will be lost, so you gonna have to start again the 1000 kills or whatever
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Not sure where to post this but it seems like regular arena counts toward Grand Arena Quest as I just completed first tier of Tactical Genius one.
  • Zinke7 wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this but it seems like regular arena counts toward Grand Arena Quest as I just completed first tier of Tactical Genius one.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

Go here to report a bug.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    None you may select then again later to continue working on them. No loss of progress.
    I looked a quest once never again but i recall it saying if u abandoned quest u lose the progress could be error in description but from what u r saying they track progress like normal quest abandoning or not selecting has no affect ?

• Already asked and answered. With punctuation.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    I looked a quest once never again but i recall it saying if u abandoned quest u lose the progress could be error in description but from what u r saying they track progress like normal quest abandoning or not selecting has no affect ?

Ya you lose things like battle counts but tier completions stay
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @3pourr2 ok thanks that’s the most important thing to completing didn’t think they would reset actually completed quest. But I did think the battles would be.
  • They should increase the amount of quests you can have active since they added all these extras and a lot of people still have not finished the original 4 title quests... just food for thought not sure which @CG to tag for this that would give it a chance to be seen. Surprised they hadn’t done it to begin with.
  • Meatknife wrote: »
    They should increase the amount of quests you can have active

Yeah, I don't even see the point of having to "activate" any of them.....they should all just be active quests. Being limited to doing only certain ones at a time is silly.
  • That’s true. But then again, as everything else in this game is intended to take time they prob want it to take us longer to complete them all instead of all at once. So doubt we will see a cap increase or as you said have quests be auto active without a cap. But it won’t stop us (the community) from complaining ! 😅
  • Ok is there a definitive answer on whether completed objectives within a stage of the quest will reset? For example, see below:
    h6cv6esdgyt0.jpg

The Boba Fett G12 gear obviously will be unchanged. The Wampas would reset as an uncompleted task. But what about the middle task? It's completed and checked off. Would the 500 contracts reset as well? Please note that I obviously will not be resetting this particular quest because the Wampa task takes a long time to complete....I'm just using it as an example.
  • Ok is there a definitive answer on whether completed objectives within a stage of the quest will reset? For example, see below:
    h6cv6esdgyt0.jpg

The Boba Fett G12 gear obviously will be unchanged. The Wampas would reset as an uncompleted task. But what about the middle task? It's completed and checked off. Would the 500 contracts reset as well? Please note that I obviously will not be resetting this particular quest because the Wampa task takes a long time to complete....I'm just using it as an example.

You will lose Hero Hunter and Frozen Foe progress.

The Gear requirement will stay the same, because clearly you can't de-gear.
  • Lor_San_Teka is correct - you would lose all progress on Hero Hunter and Frozen Foe.
  • @Lor_San_Teka @jkray622 Thanks! That's what I was afraid of.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

Can you edit or delete this post. It's very misleading. The only progress saved when you change quests is a completed tier. Any progress towards completing a tier is lost.
  • Account deletion because you will have lost all prestige.