Getting Time Change Right!

Prev1
We understand the majority of us how the time change will help us out and this is a great QoL change I think was desperately needed. There is a lot to go into these changes.

Is there a chart you can supply us on all the changes with a time our change that we can.

Energy refreshes, reset, etc. Its not that I can’t do math but only have two shots a year to get it right I want to make 100% sure there are no mistakes.

Replies

• Options
    I dont even see the option to change time.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    u might have to go update the app....i'm more concerned as we're all moving around that the payouts turn into a blood bath as we Can't See Anyone's Pay Time....sorry for shouting but this qol will turn into a nightmare as everyone is trying to figure out who to hit and who they should avoid
  • Options
    I updated the app, where is the option located?
  • Options
    Found it. Thanks. So excited.
  • Options
    I guess I don’t want to do a time and then be asleep for energy refreshes. So a clear cut guide of what new times will be for a change would be awesome!!!
  • Options
    I guess I don’t want to do a time and then be asleep for energy refreshes. So a clear cut guide of what new times will be for a change would be awesome!!!

It’s pretty simple. When you change your time, everyth8ng moves the same amount,. Ie push your arena payout from 6 pm to 10 pm, that’s four hours,. Means every single time based refresh, energy day refresh, moves forward four hours, as in your day refresh becomes 4 am instead on midnight, your noon energy becomes 4 pm,. .

Pretty straightforward,
  • Options
    1st energy, cantina & mod energy refresh 6 hours before arena payout. 2nd energy & ship refresh happen at same time as arena payout. Last energy refresh is 3 hours after arena payout.
  • Options
    I made this simple Google Sheet for calculating the consequences of changing the reset.
    Write in one of the green fields.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yei_Ac9bXs1I_6MG4kC6cqTVRqlq-XxdcLBHBB19Qqw/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    I personally like the daylight savings time for the east coast schedule, so being able to switch twice a year will allow me to keep those times year round. I like getting my energy refreshes and arenas payouts an hour earlier.
  • Options
    Old values:

GW Reset, Daily challenge Reset, Daily Quest reset: 12am
    Store resets: 12am, 6am, 12pm, 6pm (fleet is 12/6/9)
    Free energy: 12pm, 6pm, 9pm
    Squad payout: 6pm
    Fleet payout: 7pm

Shift forward 2 hours:

GW Reset, Daily challenge Reset, Daily Quest reset: 10pm
    Store resets: 10pm, 4am, 10am, 4pm (fleet is 10/4/7)
    Free energy: 10am, 4pm, 7pm
    Squad payout: 4pm
    Fleet payout: 5pm
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    If i change my payout from 18:00 to 19:00, after i got my rewards from 18:00 already, do i get them again at 19:00?
  • Options
    They overestimated the intelligence of some of the player base I guess
  • Options
    Does anyone know if changing your payout times changes your arena shard? I had thought they said it did but I can't find it.
  • Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Does anyone know if changing your payout times changes your arena shard? I had thought they said it did but I can't find it.

It does not.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Seltgar wrote: »

It does not.
    I think he meant arena shard time not switching shards that would obviously not happen

• Options
    I made this simple Google Sheet for calculating the consequences of changing the reset.
    Write in one of the green fields.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yei_Ac9bXs1I_6MG4kC6cqTVRqlq-XxdcLBHBB19Qqw/edit?usp=sharing

I can’t edit it. Can it be shared?
  • Notworking
    172 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • Options
    Just wondering how it will affect raids. Does a raid start get moved based on my time? For example, my guild flies through The Pit (Rancor raid) in usually 20 minutes or so but they have the raid set to start 24 hours in advance... could it be possible I could completely miss the raid because it would start at a weird time based on my time setting??
  • Options
    Just wondering how it will affect raids. Does a raid start get moved based on my time? For example, my guild flies through The Pit (Rancor raid) in usually 20 minutes or so but they have the raid set to start 24 hours in advance... could it be possible I could completely miss the raid because it would start at a weird time based on my time setting??
    They overestimated the intelligence of some of the player base I guess

That is a fact....
  • Options
    Thx I thought the shard would not change but wanted to crush rumors
  • Options

Raid is tied to the guild, not your individual times, so this changes nothing
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I set my times to refresh stores on the 3's and 9's (so I'll always get all 4) and moved my arenas away from dinner. Yay! No more getting yelled at for playing around dinner time! Has to be the biggest QoL change of all time in this game for me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • One_of_one
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie feedback from the time change.

I appreciate the effort to give us quality of life updates, changing my payout is a great qol change so I can spend more time with my family. It was not clear to me that the energy refreshes were tied to the payouts moving. I moved my payout to the morning and now my big energy refresh is in the middle of the night. So I will be moving again and I will then be out of time change moves for a year (hopefully I pick a good one this time). If you could come out with a guide and or a video (maybe with a game changer) before going live with big updates, it would be appreciated.

I love this game and I know you guys put up with a lot of whining, I hope this comes across as just feedback.
  • Options
    Do the time changes apply to the shop Refreshes?
  • Options
    How long do you have to collect the energy refreshes?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Toastie wrote: »
    Do the time changes apply to the shop Refreshes?

Yes.
    most shops refresh at your daily reset time and then every 6 hours after that (fleet is the only weird one I think)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    How long do you have to collect the energy refreshes?

2 hours if I remember correctly
  • Options
    Here's my problem: I changed my time and didn't think about all the changes, so I changed it back. Everything is back to normal except the game believes it is Monday, 10 December when it is Sunday (as of this post) for the login. Everything else is fine, but the login is one day ahead. How do I change this back?