New Quests for Grand Arena

Regarding quests: So you can seriously only do 3 at a time still? With how long they take to complete, it’s not fair to force players to abandon quests in progress to start the new Grand Arena quests. To use the Bounty Hunter Quest as an example: It will take most people 9-10 months to just defeat 50 Wampas with Boba present. Are they to give up current progress on that to start working towards the new titles (with far more substantial rewards) that have been added?

Why can’t it just track your progress towards ALL quests? None of this pick & choose nonsense. If you do the required things, you progress in the quest. It shouldn’t matter if you have the quest ‘active’.

But if for some reason you’re really sold on making players choose between them, consider this at least: you previously had 4 quests, of which 3 could be active (75%). Now you have added 4 more without raising the allowable number of simultaneous quests (bringing us down to 37.5%). This is awful & I can only see it getting worse as more quests are added. Whose idea was this & how did it make it out of beta without SOMEONE considering this?

Replies

• I agree with the sentiments in this post, and would like to add my support to the suggestion that at the very least one additional quest is allowed, as I'm currently faced with having to abandon weeks of progress on one quest simply to see what is involved in commencing any of the new quests.
  • You never get to have it all in this game, you always have to make a choice. Understand where you guys are coming from but i don't think you're supposed to be able to catch em all at once, its a grinding game.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I completely forgot I have quests going.
  • And if you could activate all quests at once, a lot of players would be done with them in a couple of weeks just to then complain again that they have nothing left to do in this game... have patience, think long term. B)
  • 10 battles is going to take forever too. But at least the rewards are nice.
  • arbster wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiments in this post, and would like to add my support to the suggestion that at the very least one additional quest is allowed, as I'm currently faced with having to abandon weeks of progress on one quest simply to see what is involved in commencing any of the new quests.

This is a key complaint. Because of the UI you can’t even see the requirements of a new quest without starting it. And once you’re at the limit of 3, you can’t start one without abandoning another. This is an obvious design flaw. Everybody should be able to see the requirements for a quest before having to decide whether to start it.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • nah i think it is not definitely a problem.
    just ask community to share the requirements of the other quests then decide.
    Personally i lost some advancement for the sith agent and bring in the one that i found more reasonable after picking and discarding all of them ;)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    KChat wrote: »
    Regarding quests: So you can seriously only do 3 at a time still? With how long they take to complete, it’s not fair to force players to abandon quests in progress to start the new Grand Arena quests.
    10 battles is going to take forever too. But at least the rewards are nice.

Each week has three rounds, and you only have to win one battle per round--you don't even have to win the entire Grand Arena event or the entire round, just one battle. It'll take four weeks.

Why is this so hard to understand?

My only question/concern is the Han Solo one--there's a lot of Hans Solos, so which one counts? It's probably Raid Han, but I want to be sure of that before I start. So I'll begin with the Kenobi one, I guess. Only one of him!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    KChat wrote: »
    Regarding quests: So you can seriously only do 3 at a time still? With how long they take to complete, it’s not fair to force players to abandon quests in progress to start the new Grand Arena quests.
    10 battles is going to take forever too. But at least the rewards are nice.

My only question/concern is the Han Solo one--there's a lot of Hans Solos, so which one counts? It's probably Raid Han, but I want to be sure of that before I start. So I'll begin with the Kenobi one, I guess. Only one of him!

I think the Han, Kenobi and Traya quests are for the raid reward versions of those characters.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The raid version is the one actually named “Han Solo” in the game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Luckily I didn't take my Anakin to G12 just for a meaningless title and some meager reward scraps, so I can easily abandon that quest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    K.
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    It'll take four weeks.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    First of all, drop the snark. It’s not productive & it misses the point entirely - if you think that these are the only quests that will be added (while the max. active remains at 3), that’s incredibly shortsighted...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    4 weeks... You have to win the battle right? So that’s not guaranteed, especially in the undersized party ones. And it’s 4 weeks of grand arenas, not 4 weeks of actual time. I don’t believe they’ve said how often this is going to run, have they?
  • I presume the requirements will be listed on swgoh.gg or gaming fans site eventually - just like the current quests.
  • I agree, allow us to do more than three please. Or maybe three of the original which I all have in process and takes months and months to do, I do not want to drop them. Maybe allow 5 active?
  • Any chance this has been read by the devs? Comment please? @CG_SBCrumb
  • As the ‘Talking Heads’ once said:
    “Still waiting...”
  • I totally agree as well, it really sucks as unfortunately I didn't realise that I would lose all current progress when abandoning so now I have to start fulfilling his contract and Wampa beating all over again.

@CGCarrie - surely there are sufficient mechanics at the bank end to enable the tracking of our progress in all of the quests after all you seem to manage this with the achievements section without any problemsw!!!
  • Obviously I am talking about the bounty hunter quest and Bobba Fett's contract to be specific
  • @Darth_Saber_1404 That stinks. Sorry man... 😢
  • I agree. It doesn't help that the last tier of all THREE quest require TW WINS which are canceled. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to finish them.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I completely forgot I have quests going.

Haha, me too. I gladly gave up the progress I had made in the other quests that I was "working" on for the amazing rewards these quests offer.
  • I did t really care about the quests at first but these rewards made me care lol.

What constitutes as undersized? Is there a certain threshold? Or is it as easy as just not having 5 member team and just 4?
  • It worked for me with a team of 4
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Chi69 wrote: »
    I agree. It doesn't help that the last tier of all THREE quest require TW WINS which are canceled. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to finish them.

Settle down. It's not like territory wars were cancelled forever--although I dare to dream...--they'll come back and you'll finish them off in January. Stop with the hyperbole.
    I did t really care about the quests at first but these rewards made me care lol.

What constitutes as undersized? Is there a certain threshold? Or is it as easy as just not having 5 member team and just 4?
    "Undersized" means having one or more empty slots. It's a simple binary yes/no, so having one empty slot will progress the quest as much as having all four non-leader slots empty--so unfortunately you can't just go with Luke and Han and clear it in one go :D

What I've been doing is taking out the "easy" squads in my matches, then use a bunch of teams to whittle down a single stronger team to one opponent, then send a team with General Kenobi and three other jedi to take out that last opponent.

Or, at least, that's what I *plan* on doing, anyway... The first two rounds I got to fight I only had one team I could possibly beat, so I sent a full jedi team each time. This time I beat more teams, but surprisingly more easily than I expected... So I'm sitting at 2/10 and 0/3 for his quest. Can't crack the last Traya squad with what I've got and their rear squad row was undefended :(
  • Just to clarify....my understanding was if you abandon a quest, any part of it finished will stay finished. Any partial will be lost. So if I abandon Boba with G12 done, 500 contracts done, but 35/50 Wampas killed....when I come back the first two remain done but I lose/revert to 0/50 Wampas. Can anyone confirm this is how it works? If so that’s not so bad with good management.
  • It worked for me with a team of 4
    NicWester wrote: »
    Chi69 wrote: »
    I agree. It doesn't help that the last tier of all THREE quest require TW WINS which are canceled. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to finish them.

Settle down. It's not like territory wars were cancelled forever--although I dare to dream...--they'll come back and you'll finish them off in January. Stop with the hyperbole.
    I did t really care about the quests at first but these rewards made me care lol.

"Undersized" means having one or more empty slots. It's a simple binary yes/no, so having one empty slot will progress the quest as much as having all four non-leader slots empty--so unfortunately you can't just go with Luke and Han and clear it in one go :D

What I've been doing is taking out the "easy" squads in my matches, then use a bunch of teams to whittle down a single stronger team to one opponent, then send a team with General Kenobi and three other jedi to take out that last opponent.

Or, at least, that's what I *plan* on doing, anyway... The first two rounds I got to fight I only had one team I could possibly beat, so I sent a full jedi team each time. This time I beat more teams, but surprisingly more easily than I expected... So I'm sitting at 2/10 and 0/3 for his quest. Can't crack the last Traya squad with what I've got and their rear squad row was undefended :(

Thanks y’all! I’m going to be setting up some easier d teams till I get these quests sorted out. Amazing what a carrot on a stick can do to me style of playing lol
  • Just to clarify....my understanding was if you abandon a quest, any part of it finished will stay finished. Any partial will be lost. So if I abandon Boba with G12 done, 500 contracts done, but 35/50 Wampas killed....when I come back the first two remain done but I lose/revert to 0/50 Wampas. Can anyone confirm this is how it works? If so that’s not so bad with good management.

I'm not certain, but I don't think that's how it works. My understanding is that if you abandon a quest the entire quest resets. Not the quest line, but just that stage of the quest.

For example, I've done the first three stages of the jedi quest and currently need 2 more Territory War wins to complete the final stage of the jedi quest. If I abandoned it now and picked it back up later, I would need to redo BOTH parts--win 4 territory wars and place in the top 10 in a tank raid. But I wouldn't have to redo stages 1-3 (which is good, because stage 2 of the questline makes you win arena battles with jedi, and that's super not easy :P )