Sad about the C3PO event

I startet with the game in may/june this year and I'm really eager to come forward. With the C3PO event I'm totally cut out because the Ewoks dont have any real purpose in the game right now and with limited possibilitys to farm characters you farm the ones that bring you forward. So basically this event is just for players that play that game for a very long time. The new players and maybe mid term players wont have any chance to get there. And even in the future C3PO has to be a very very important character to make it worth spending the limited recources to farm that murder bears. So that makes me sad because its really an iconic charakter like R2D2 and I want him out of a collectors view. I really hope he's not essential for jedi luke or anything else very very important thing in the game. That would be really unfair against the newer players and that would not be the way to win and hold newer players. And everybody knows that a game that doesnt find new players will die...

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to say mate its not unfair, its the way it is, ive been playknh this for 3 years and i wont be gettinh him 7 star ill be lucky to unlock him at 5.

Also now with c3 po there is your incentive to farm ewoks. Was you around when thrawn first came out? While your on the subject of unfair.

But dont worry if yoi dont get him this tine you will next time :-)
  • Options
    1. Murder bears have a place in the game. As with all faction based games, it's whether you want to invest in a faction. Some veteran players invested in Ewoks when most shunned them. Kudos to them.

2. Most of us went through the CLS, Thrawn, JTRey, R2 etc requirements. When I first started, it was just 5 Jedi for GMYoda. By saying that you are new doesnt give you a "Redeem your premium toon" pass. All of us had to farm for it. The only difference is how fast we did it. Some spent cash, some waited, some deemed it unnecessary to farm specifically for them.

I suppose I feel quite sympathetic towards the plight of newer players. There are so many events and farming requirements that the FOMO is real. The trick is to stay focused and play to your strengths. This is a farming game and I am nearly 3 years in.
  • Options
    I startet with the game in may/june this year and I'm really eager to come forward. With the C3PO event I'm totally cut out because the Ewoks dont have any real purpose in the game right now and with limited possibilitys to farm characters you farm the ones that bring you forward. So basically this event is just for players that play that game for a very long time. The new players and maybe mid term players wont have any chance to get there. And even in the future C3PO has to be a very very important character to make it worth spending the limited recources to farm that murder bears. So that makes me sad because its really an iconic charakter like R2D2 and I want him out of a collectors view. I really hope he's not essential for jedi luke or anything else very very important thing in the game. That would be really unfair against the newer players and that would not be the way to win and hold newer players. And everybody knows that a game that doesnt find new players will die...

Dude you can't complain about this. You haven't been playing long to get end game content and that's just how it is unless you spend money. It's how this game works with every toon. Just keep playing and get what you can get. I've been playing a little over 2 years and I will get a 7* C3P0 but I still don't always get everything first go around
  • Options
    Sorry to say mate its not unfair, its the way it is, ive been playknh this for 3 years and i wont be gettinh him 7 star ill be lucky to unlock him at 5.

Also now with c3 po there is your incentive to farm ewoks. Was you around when thrawn first came out? While your on the subject of unfair.

I know what you mean but seriously the Ewoks have no value for me. With other events you mostly have to farm good factions that have a value afterwards like bounty hunters for chewee. But the Ewoks have no value in my eyes and if C3PO is not so important that he is a must have that I will use my energy to farm sith, bounty hunters, rebels, troopers, first oder, ships and other valuable toons first. So if he is not a must have I most likely will never have him and thats sad for me.
  • Options
    Also I laugh at the fact you think this game might die because I promise you this game is making sooooo much money and adding new players every day because ppl love the crap outta star wars and that won't change
  • Options
    Ya sorry man but this game is all about priorities and choices. Sometimes hard choices are made where you may have to temporarily sacrifice competitiveness in order to achieve a longer term goal. So if the professor is someone you really want (and I can tell you with a high level of certainty he will be needed for jedi luke) then that’s going to have to be a choice you will need to make. I too have been playing this game since day one and this has always been the case, with new character releases. I will also be fortunate to get him at 5 star. Will need to wait until next time to get him 7 star.
  • Kazanori
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Are you kidding me a fully decked out Ewok team can destroy a lot of very high end teams, they are so under rated.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

I know what you mean but seriously the Ewoks have no value for me. With other events you mostly have to farm good factions that have a value afterwards like bounty hunters for chewee. But the Ewoks have no value in my eyes and if C3PO is not so important that he is a must have that I will use my energy to farm sith, bounty hunters, rebels, troopers, first oder, ships and other valuable toons first. So if he is not a must have I most likely will never have him and thats sad for me.

What value does bounty hunters have besides some events and 1 tb node? Ewoks are very very good. There are players that take 1 on arena daily on very old arenas. Ewoks are generally hated...because they are ewoks, not because they suck.
  • Options
    But thats the point though you see no value but others who love the ewoks are really happy.

The ultimate response however is at the end of the day this game is a business and they are making us use a typically underutilized faction, giving them more opportunity to make money.

Dont forget if the game used the same teams all the time or good teams that everyone had then cg would make nothing and there would be no game. Sad but true
  • Options
    Ewoks decked out are right behind the meta teams and extremely potent.
  • Options
    The game is designed so that players can choose which factions they prefer to collect and level up. When a new toon is announced there will be some players who panic farm, some who will buy crystals to perform refreshes or buy bundles to level required characters for the next meta...the thing is, nobody is ever likely to get every character when they come to the table first time around.

I never had CLS on first pass, same with Rey, same again for Thrawn, BB8...I’ve been playing a couple of years now and you soon get used to the difference between working on which toons need to be boosted because you simply want a complete roster and which ones you want to work on because you will have a useful faction to fight with afterwards.

Ewoks are a potent team because the extra heals and regenerations are very useful and that’s one reason why they should not be dismissed as a useful squad to work on for things like Territory War and Battles. That being said, I may not have my Ewoks up to strength to unlock C-3PO when he arrives...but I may unlock him on the next pass, or the one following that.

The game may make you feel like you are being pressured into having to have each new toon, if it doesn’t drop for you this time it’s only a 2-3 month wait to try again, sometimes you wait longer but the principle is the same. Have a go, if it doesn’t happen, then you have not failed, you have had a taste of what needs boosting for next time.

Above all, have fun with it and it makes unlocking the elusive toon all the sweeter when you see them sitting in your selection screen. I’m working on my Bounty Hunters to push Chewbacca to 7* next time he returns and I’m also working on Old Republic for Jedi Revan on his next appearance but if it doesn’t happen then next time...

May The Force Be With You
  • Options
    So you collect the toons, but don't want the ewoks. Then you're not really collecting are you? I've been playing since launch and the only toons I don't have are Revan, Wampa and Traya. My guild is very close to beating hsr, I got Hoda first, and didn't farm the OR squad in time. C3P0 will come around regularly, so farm the ewoks when you can. Most are very easy to farm, except Wicket, so you'll have them eventually. Look at it as a goal. If everything was handed to you, you'd grow bored really quickly
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m at 3.2mil gp and 5 ewoks at a decent gear level and 7*...not a given and I’m panic farming paploo from 5* now, just to get 5 together as he’s the easiest one to get for my 5th.. gearing I’m going to be lucky to get past 8/9, g10 up looks like a pheonix level of kitten...
    Edit..
    Having just finished dengar means I can stop farming for chewie, the revan farm for next time around is going to take a little hit (t3/mission) but that’s it, wicket isn’t going to be anything for me as I don’t think he’s even 4*, literally haven’t bothered with the furry potatoes at all, apart from chirps for haat (back in the day) and Teebo for rancor
  • Options
    Sorry your sad . Your right CG should give everyone every character at 7 star g12+ with God mods. The game would be so much fun then . Nothing to work for. .
    But I do have some advice for you . Try doing the work of farming the characters and gear and mods . And stop crying that your not getting some thing for free .
  • Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    Sorry your sad . Your right CG should give everyone every character at 7 star g12+ with God mods. The game would be so much fun then . Nothing to work for. .
    But I do have some advice for you . Try doing the work of farming the characters and gear and mods . And stop crying that your not getting some thing for free .

Thats not what I said or meant. I just said that its always a hard choise what you farm especially if you are new and what to compete with other players. Then you have no choise but to farm the toons that help you with that. To bring up C3PO and he is maybe needed to get Jedi Luke is just a f* you to all newer players. Maybe the ewoks are good if you have them geared up and undlocked everything but I'm still gearing up my arena team where I have GMY at G12 and the Rest at G11. They could just used a opposing fraction like Imperial Troopers to unlock C3PO. A faction that is not prime but widely used. Then newer players possibly could play the event and get the charakter. But I garantee that almost nobody that plays for less then 1 or maybe even 2 years have the ewoks.

Lets say CLS, Raid Han, OT Chewee, R2D2 and C3PO are needed to unlock Jedi Luke. Then you need all the toons for CLS, Bounty Hunters, Imperial toons and then even the Ewoks to unlock Jedi Luke. For players that play for 3 years and that have most of the toons already they maybe need a little sprint to unlock all, Newer Players maybe need an additional year to get there by sacrificing valid factions that maybe pushing them in Arena or in TW or the new TW Arena. But if Jedi Luke comes under this circumstances he will define the META for a very long time. So while "older" players easily have a META Team the newer players will be punished double. Where should that be fun? Where is that fair?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Not every event in the game is intended for every player at every level. There are some events that are tiered to try to allow as many players to participate - and succeed - as possible. Players have to keep in mind that while you may have been playing the game for 6 months, some players have played since launch (3+ year now). Designing events that are fun, challenging and feel like and accomplishment for both types of players simultaneously is practically impossible.

New players have plenty of things to farm, events to participate in and things to do. Some new players need to get over their FOMO and just enjoy the game at "their level" - and not expect to be able to play in the same way that those who have 2+ more years invested in the game than they do.

In virtually every aspect of the game, you face opponents in arena, fleet arena, TW (presuming you are in an appropriate guild for your GP/level), etc. that are basically similar to you. Either they started at the same time or have about the same GP, etc. So new players aren't suddenly going to be facing Super-Meta teams in arena because they can't get C3P0 on the first go around. The only exception would be if they have a whale or two who shelled out money to get him...in which case, that's the advantage those whales paid for.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    This game is built around requiring a variety of factions and specific characters for different purposes. Sometimes those factions/characters are useful for other purposes as well and sometimes they largely aren’t (e.g. Vets, Hoth Bros). New players can’t expect to have everything at once. You have to choose your priorities in this sort of game. Many veteran players have to make similar choices because they don’t have everything ready either. But giving people an incentive to work on things they might otherwise ignore is one of the primary ways the game makes money.
  • Options
    Stalbot wrote: »

But I garantee that almost nobody that plays for less then 1 or maybe even 2 years have the ewoks.

I have been playing just short of 2 years. I have every ewok 7star, and had a working 5 member team for the wicket event. Less then a year may not have them, but hey it happens, not everyone can get everything first go. With so many choices to gear/star not all players priorities will be the same as yours.