Side question to the Nest Bonus protection

With the revelation that bonus protection is/was calculated based on max health at the start of battle rather than current max health, can we get a confirmation that Palpatine's leadership is healing max health based on current or start of battle max health? I have noticed several times in my nightmare team (Palp (L), Vader, Sion, Nihilus, Thrawn) that in mirror match-ups Nihilus doesn't seem to recover much hp when he applies his dot to an enemy at the start of his turn.
Is it possible that this bug is affecting this situation? Nihilus does gain tremendous amounts of max health when Sion is debuffed, and in a mirror match-up nightmare battle, sion gets a LOT of debuffs. Thus if this bug is prevalent throughout other areas, it is entirely possible that Nihilus is not healing the way he should under Palpatine's lead.

Replies

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    It's not a bug until a whale complains.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'll even go with: "it's not a bug until the devs declare it a bug, until then it's a feature." But since this issue was just now declared a bug, it may be time to check other areas for the same sort of bug.
  • I suspect the same thing happens with Old Daka's zeta, every revive she only gets 10% of her initial max health rather than 10% of her current max health.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I'll even go with: "it's not a bug until the devs declare it a bug, until then it's a feature." But since this issue was just now declared a bug, it may be time to check other areas for the same sort of bug.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189215/nest-bonus-protection#latest
  • Fortunately, this is not about Nest, this is about Palpatine :wink:
  • I think I’m not understanding this all clearly. Is the bug adjusting it from Nest’s beginning max health to current max health or beginning health to current health?
  • Posts about Nest are being moved to the Arena & Character Strategy section, where they belong:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
  • Just stick to recent discussions and you’ll never have a problem 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Antares78 wrote: »
    They are removing posts about Nest...

Yup and no mention of why

Except they aren't.

See above

That's a subforum. So what?

They are moving posts to here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189184/nest-bug-fix-refund-zeta-please

Not deleting them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think they answered the question pretty clearly: "While this will impact Nest vs Revan match-ups the most significantly, any characters that can change Max Health will also be affected." It's a correction to all situations where Max Health is altered during the battle.
  • I think they answered the question pretty clearly: "While this will impact Nest vs Revan match-ups the most significantly, any characters that can change Max Health will also be affected." It's a correction to all situations where Max Health is altered during the battle.

Right. So the question is are they actually making the change on everyone else? I’m extremely interested in the potential buff to my Nightsister squad.
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Technically, they only answered the question with regard to bonus protection being calculated based on max health, not other interactions wtih max health. It's entirely possible that other interactions with max health could be affected by this bug, but haven't been changed. Expose, Daka's Zeta, Palp's Lead, and many other interactions are all potentially affected by this bug since they are all based on max health... The question is max health when?
  • While we’re at it take a look at thermal detonators. They should be doing a lot more damage to characters whose max health is increasing throughout a match
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's stay on topic please.

Some posts were removed for going off topic.

FYI - especially around big releases topics are merged and possible moved, but never deleted (unless they violate the Forum Guidelines) . In the last case the person is informed of the situation.
  • The Nest thing is relevant because Revan causes her max health to reduce. In all the other situation mentioned the character's max health is not altered at all during the fight.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    The Nest thing is relevant because Revan causes her max health to reduce. In all the other situation mentioned the character's max health is not altered at all during the fight.

You are kidding right? Nihilus's unique literally says it increases max health when Sion gets a debuff. If Palpatine's lead is healing based on max health at the start of the fight, then Nihilus won't actually be healing 20% of his current max health, he'll be healing 20% of a much much much lower max health... his initial max health.
  • Kerrigan wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    The Nest thing is relevant because Revan causes her max health to reduce. In all the other situation mentioned the character's max health is not altered at all during the fight.

You are kidding right? Nihilus's unique literally says it increases max health when Sion gets a debuff. If Palpatine's lead is healing based on max health at the start of the fight, then Nihilus won't actually be healing 20% of his current max health, he'll be healing 20% of a much much much lower max health... his initial max health.

My bad, I was thinking of max health being reduced, not raised.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Op this is easy check.
    use the team record video
    compare heal at the begging to a heal after he should have gained some max health