You nerfed Enfys, than nerf HT also!

Replies

  • evoluza
    1096 posts Member
    Bossk ship doesn't stack like enfys.
    The ship stack stacks buffs and you can over come the prot gain. You can't by enfys. Now you can reduce health and the gain
  • Bossk ship does stack like Nest - but they're stacking buffs, and can be dispelled/blocked. Nest's bonus is not a buff, and cannot be dispelled/blocked.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Halo wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Wait, what? How come Protection Up and Bonus Protection are based off of Max Health and not Max Protection?

    It’s always been this way for whatever reason. It’s nothing new

    So, "Well that's the way it's always been, so we just go with it" is the response?

    It doesn't make sense, but we've done it this way for 20 years so it must be the correct way.....
  • Liath
    2339 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Wait, what? How come Protection Up and Bonus Protection are based off of Max Health and not Max Protection?

    It’s always been this way for whatever reason. It’s nothing new

    So, "Well that's the way it's always been, so we just go with it" is the response?

    It doesn't make sense, but we've done it this way for 20 years so it must be the correct way.....

    I don’t know if they’ve ever said why, but one possible reason is that it’s possible to have bonus protection on a character that has no base protection. But the point is more that this has nothing to do with the discussion because it wasn’t a change.
  • Halo
    42 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

    I don’t know if they’ve ever said why, but one possible reason is that it’s possible to have bonus protection on a character that has no base protection. But the point is more that this has nothing to do with the discussion because it wasn’t a change.

    ^^

    Could also be a carry over from the days where there was no protection apart from the bonuses sometimes seen on the AI in battles. But as pointed out it’s not really relevant as it’s not a new development.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    I,hope they do need hounds tooth. The new mace windu time out fleet is by far the most annoying crap I've seen to date and makes me want to quit. Any unit or strategy is meant to time a battle out and not actually win the fight should be reworked or removed.

    Ha..ha..😝
  • Remember, the nest change is only relevant against revan. Against all other enemies she operates as she did before because they cannot change her max health.

    Sith Marauder reduces Max Health by 15% on his special when he crits.
  • Remember, the nest change is only relevant against revan. Against all other enemies she operates as she did before because they cannot change her max health.

    Sith Marauder reduces Max Health by 15% on his special when he crits.

    Who uses Sith Marauder? Anywhere?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Remember, the nest change is only relevant against revan. Against all other enemies she operates as she did before because they cannot change her max health.

    Sith Marauder reduces Max Health by 15% on his special when he crits.
    Noted - doesn’t stack though, so it has minimal impact.
  • 2smooth
    342 posts Member
    edited December 7
    Halo wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »
    If im right Hound's Tooth prot bonus works like Enfys', so you have to nerf it also. Or there is no Revan in fleet so its ok?

    Why are people so clueless. Do you even know what the Nest fix did and why it was fixed?
    What whale isn’t clueless they only know how to buy toons and equipment asking them to learn how to play asking too much lol literally complain like how is someone F2P able to beat me because they r better lol
  • scuba
    12077 posts Member
    edited December 7
    2smooth wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »
    If im right Hound's Tooth prot bonus works like Enfys', so you have to nerf it also. Or there is no Revan in fleet so its ok?

    Why are people so clueless. Do you even know what the Nest fix did and why it was fixed?
    What whale isn’t clueless they only know how to buy toons and equipment asking them to learn how to play asking too much lol literally complain like how is someone F2P able to beat me because they r better lol

    many are smarter than you think.. but yeah show how clueless you are by generalizing so much.
  • GA_Phoenix
    254 posts Member
    edited December 7
    As a dolphin without Traya and Revan, i am now complety locked out of the Top 10 in my shard.
    JTR with Nest works only in 1/10 Fights now. Before the "bugfixing" the win Ratio was 9/10. Thanks Devs for kicking anyone in the **** that don't throw cash at you every month. The way you change Nest without talking to us before or even mention this massive change to the meta in the changelog of the current update was an absolute no go.

    From now on, I won't spend any cent in this game anymore. Good work.

    Btw. Jangos AOE reduces Max Health too (stacking) so dont tell us this "bug" wasn't wai until now. :tongue:
    Post edited by GA_Phoenix on
    SWGOH Stats

    Join "German Active" today.
    We are the raiders of the lost shards!
  • I want my gears, zeta and time spent on Nest back!
  • Pczarm wrote: »
    I want my gears, zeta and time spent on Nest back!

    exactly, I did not farm Nest, I did not use gears, I did not use zetas, but this Nerf called a "Bug fix" is ​​a disrespect to everyone who has spent time and money on this character. The least of these is the complete refund of everything that was spent on the Nest for all players.
  • Its simple, anyone that put any money/time into starring and gearing nest as a counter to their super toon Revan have been robbed by CG.

    It's not the first time and it will not be the last
  • @scuba right - got it.

    That will indeed have an effect, but it will barely be detectable.

    Might need to start farming that sith ship!

    I love your profile pic. Makes me want him in close second to jabba the hutt
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Btw. Jangos AOE reduces Max Health too (stacking) so dont tell us this "bug" wasn't wai until now. :tongue:

    Until max health can be stacked many times, the protection gain from Nest would not be easily noticeable.

    Should the Devs have tested every permutation and combination of abilities? In an ideal world, yes. But Jango and Sith Marauder are not widely used toons, and any battle in which they could reduce Nest's max health by a meaningful amount would take so long that Nest would have killed them long before.

    It wasn't until an ability like Revan's leadership came out, which could rapidly reduce max health, that this bug gained visibility.
  • TVF wrote: »
    And then they sat on it or somehow never noticed it until whales complained. Then they tried to sneak it into the update without saying anything about it.

    I guess this means your opinion is that SBCrumb is a liar. Given his post said:
    SBCrumb wrote:
    "I meant to post this yesterday explaining how the interactions with Bonus Protection were being fixed but lost this in all the madness around the big Title Update. Our apologies that we did not get this out beforehand and created confusion."

    So you can either take this statement as truth, which means he was not trying to "sneak it into the update" or you can call him a liar.

    You are also assuming they "never noticed" it. It was reported on AnswersHQ as a bug, and players rarely get any visibility into the timeframe for correcting bugs. Heck - look at the "grayed out Join button" for Territory Wars. It was a very obvious bug with lots of bug reports that probably took one line of code to fix...and it took several months to roll out that fix.

    Given that the bonus protection bug was fixed in about 5-6 weeks - that seems pretty fast for a bug fix of a broken mechanic. My conclusion therefore is that they didn't sit on it - they started working on it pretty early after Revan's release.

    I don't assume malevolence in the Developers. I assume they are all fallible humans, and are trying their best to make a good profitable game.

    Disclaimer - I am a "dolphin" with Revan. Nest (before or after this change) was irrelevant to my squad - so I wouldn't have cared if they changed the protection mechanic or left it the same.
  • TVF
    7444 posts Member
    edited December 7
    I generally am supportive of the devs, to the point that I'm frequently called a shill or troll.

    But nope, not buying it this time, sorry.

    And that doesn't mean I'm calling Crumb a liar. Stop putting words in my mouth.
  • TVF wrote: »
    And that doesn't mean I'm calling Crumb a liar. Stop putting words in my mouth.

    You said they tried to sneak it into the update.

    He said the opposite - they meant to make a special post about it before the update, but accidentally pushed the explanation a day late.

    So either:
    1. You're wrong - they weren't trying to sneak it past the players
    or
    2. Crumb is a liar (and his post was created because the sneaky change got "caught" by the players).

    Those two options are mutually exclusive. If you persist in your belief that the Devs were trying to sneak the change past us, then by definition you have to believe that Crumb's post explaining the change is a blatant lie.
  • Ultra
    1114 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Btw. Jangos AOE reduces Max Health too (stacking) so dont tell us this "bug" wasn't wai until now. :tongue:

    Until max health can be stacked many times, the protection gain from Nest would not be easily noticeable.

    Should the Devs have tested every permutation and combination of abilities? In an ideal world, yes. But Jango and Sith Marauder are not widely used toons, and any battle in which they could reduce Nest's max health by a meaningful amount would take so long that Nest would have killed them long before.

    It wasn't until an ability like Revan's leadership came out, which could rapidly reduce max health, that this bug gained visibility.

    And then they sat on it or somehow never noticed it until whales complained. Then they tried to sneak it into the update without saying anything about it.
    Personally, I just don't like dismissing entire incidents on clickbait summaries "whale complained and they fixed"

    A whale (supposedly?) bought it to their attention, that's the entire point of bug report. So that players can report bugs. Some of those players that are reporting bugs are F2P, and some are whales. CG addresses bugs from all demographics. Its not a bad thing for CG to do and lets not treat resolving bugs as a bad thing

    Again, I've seen a lot of people make the case "Whale complained about the revan team not being great so they nerfed Nest" but I actually read the bug report he submitted and yes he does describe the Qi'Ra cheese as a result of the bug but when he submitted the ticket, he reported was described as:

    "Summarize your bug: Nest's protection up is taking the initial max health instead of the current max health."

    And given Max Health mechanics this was a proper bug report and he was reporting the correct thing.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »
    Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?

    They operate very similar, one is a buff and one is not.... not sure there is any difference beyond that.

    The only real difference is protection up can be dispelled and bonus protection can't
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »
    Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?

    They operate very similar, one is a buff and one is not.... not sure there is any difference beyond that.

    The only real difference is protection up can be dispelled and bonus protection can't

    Protection up (Hound's Tooth) can also be prevented by Buff Immunity, whereas bonus protection (Nest or Traya) don't care if you have buff immunity.
  • I'm not going to get into whether the devs were deceptive or not with the nerf. I think they had to know players would notice so I think CG Crumb likely meant to post about it.

    However, an issue like this should have been communicated immediately rather than waiting for the fix. Assuming it wasn't found until after revan dropped, that is still a month and a half ago. During that time many players farmed nest or geared her that may not have had they known a nerf or bug fix or what ever you want to call it was coming. They really dropped the ball on communication on this one.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »
    Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?

    They operate very similar, one is a buff and one is not.... not sure there is any difference beyond that.

    The only real difference is protection up can be dispelled and bonus protection can't

    Protection up (Hound's Tooth) can also be prevented by Buff Immunity, whereas bonus protection (Nest or Traya) don't care if you have buff immunity.

    True.
  • scuba
    12077 posts Member
    scuba right - got it.

    That will indeed have an effect, but it will barely be detectable.

    Might need to start farming that sith ship!

    Yeah no doubt it is negligible as was all max health reduction effects till ol revan came along.
  • I actually think the bug report that has been pointed to as a reason for the nerf was probably posted by a dev or ea employee for just this situation.
  • Ultra Conspiracy time...
Sign In or Register to comment.