Short(ish) rant and an impossible wish

I'm losing interest in this game. It sucks wasting months farming characters just to find out that there are far better characters to farm, or that the character sounded good on paper, but ingame the character was not that great. It isn't fair for those who played this game longer because they have such an advantage over everyone else, not just because they played longer and have more stuff anyways, but because raids used to give you so much gear. That was the motivation for doing raids. Getting a lot of gear. Raids give much less than they used to, and gearing is so slow. I've been working on a team and I feel as if I've made so little progression in the past 3 months. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And the STR is unfun and I feel as if I'm not good enough. My best teams do 200k damage in the sith raid, if I'm lucky. Most I've done in a while is 30k damage. I have over a year of playing and I'm useless. Not a good feeling. I hate that I inflated my GP as well because all the good guilds say "You need JTR and 2.5-3 million GP to join." I would spend $500 to reset my characters to level 1, keep the stars, get my gear and money back, but not get the crystals back. So I can gear up characters that are actually worth it. This can even be a once in a year type thing. In the end I would still have 2.3 million GP but I'd have more useful characters geared up and actually feel as if I'm contributing to my guild.

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You are right, that wish is impossible. And to be true your rant is pointless and i will tell you why.

You want to join a guild where other people are 500k GP higher in average than you are, will participate in their raids, TWs and TBs while you bring in almost nothing they can make good use of. This behavoir's having a name - leeching. For sure they have more gear, for sure they have more and stronger teams and they earned it. They built a guild, made it through all new content as a guild and earned as a guild.

So if you want to have the same like these guys just go for it. You have to work, you have to do the grind. Everyone was in the same position like you are now and there will always be the golden apple on the other side of the fence. If you can't or don't want to spend money it's a long jouney, i'm doing it for over two years now as a 100% FTP gamer. I don't have Traya and only a single G12+ gear cause i'm really bad at the Sith raid, i don't have a fancy Revan, i don't even have JTR cause i focussed on other things. But i grew with my guild and now we're at 160 million GP, we're getting stronger every day. Together. This isn't a single player game.

Don't rant if you want to have something, make a plan to get it and stick to the plan. It will become easier.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I did stick with a plan. Farm the characters that I NEED to farm (like everyone else) and then farm characters that I WANT to farm. My main point is that I don't like the feeling of leeching. I want to be able to do more instead of wasting another year of my life to be where everyone else is now, while everyone else leaves me in the dust. I want to feel as if I've accomplished something. I do understand what you're saying but... I miss the thrill of raid rewards and stuff. It takes me an entire week of dedication to gear up a single characters from gear 8 to 9 or 9 to 10 and so on.

I was using my GP as an example and took a guess as to what it was. I don't even have JTR yet I'm lucky this guild even accepted me. I have all the characters farmed to get her but I don't know of they're good enough to actually beat it. I can't even 7 star Thrawn yet because I can't afford to waste gear that I don't even have on my Phoenix Squadron. I know everyone else already went through this but usually in a game you feel good about being dedicated to a game for over 2 years and as if you're progressing, not as if you're going nowhere and that you will never be good enough. It's fun to use almost all the characters in the game but unless I whale out I'll miss the opportunity to have fun with different teams because I have to stick with certain characters only. It also sucks when you take your best team into a raid and the enemy takes 12 turns every time and your characters get stun locked, dispelled, and killed off before you get another turn, and you're punished for using a team that makes sense. Most of them anyways. And I do contribute as best I can. I participate in all events but can't do much in HSTR and some Territory Wars because I don't have to confidence in going against the wall of Revans, Trayas, CLS, or JTR teams. I can beat some of them if I use my Nightsisters but that's it. I used to be able to do more with my Rogue One team but the devs decided to mess me up even more by essentially nerfing them. Rhey were good against Sith but now Sith beats them almost every time, so that's another year of farming toons just for them to be useless. I can only use them in PvE and Rancor now, instead of PvP or other raids. Same goes for everyone else I've ever farmed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Smolfortune, we all make decisions on which characters to farm and gear, and which to leave (for now). If you want to focus on characters that excel in a certain game mode, f.ex. heroic STR raids, then ask your guild mates, read guides, watch a video or ask around on theses forums to get some advice about which characters and teams excel, before you plan which characters to farm. You can also find advice on which strategy to use when playing the raid/arena/etc. There's plenty of information and help to receive.

Regarding rewards in raids:
    Non-heroic tiers of STR raid were recently made far easier. Less advanced guilds/players can now more easily climb to a higher tiers, which reward better gear. Furthermore it seems that you are raiding heroic STR even though your roster doesn't offer much for your guild in that raid. I don't see how you can complain about rewards then. Thousands of players would love to have your rewards instead of rewards from non-heroic tiers.
    I can't even 7 star Thrawn yet because I can't afford to waste gear that I don't even have on my Phoenix Squadron. I know everyone else already went through this but usually in a game you feel good about being dedicated to a game for over 2 years and as if you're progressing, not as if you're going nowhere and that you will never be good enough.

Instead of feeling bad, that you don't have Thrawn yet, you could choose to feel good about whatever else you DO have.
    It also sucks when you take your best team into a raid and the enemy takes 12 turns every time and your characters get stun locked, dispelled, and killed off before you get another turn, and you're punished for using a team that makes sense.
    That team might not make that much sense for this raid/phase as you believe, then.
    And I do contribute as best I can. I participate in all events but can't do much in HSTR and some Territory Wars because I don't have to confidence in going against the wall of Revans, Trayas, CLS, or JTR teams.
    Be happy that you are in a guild that raids heroic STR even if you can't contribute much yourself. Thousands of players would love to be in your shoes.
    I can beat some of them if I use my Nightsisters but that's it. I used to be able to do more with my Rogue One team but the devs decided to mess me up even more by essentially nerfing them.

A. You have nightsisters but still can't do more than 200k damage in STR raids? I'm sure your guild can help you with your strategy.
    B. R1 teams were not nerfed.
    Rhey were good against Sith but now Sith beats them almost every time, so that's another year of farming toons just for them to be useless. I can only use them in PvE and Rancor now, instead of PvP or other raids. Same goes for everyone else I've ever farmed.
    I believe you mean Rey Scavenger. She's not useless at all. As soon as you get JT Rey, Rey scav. will be great again. But yes, METAs change. Power creeps. It's all part of the game.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You have to set your sights on something feasible or you will just be endlessly disappointed. I have been playing for close to 2.5 years now, and I joined a heroic rancor guild earlier than many who started at the same time because I knew somebody who got me in. At that time it didn’t matter much because the raid was easy enough and there were no other guild events going on. Then tank raid came and I felt like a liability because I couldn’t contribute much as we tried to work towards heroic because I was so new. But I did what I could. By the time the Sith Raid came I hadn’t caught up at all by some metrics (I will never come close to the GP of the folks that were in the guild from the beginning), but I built the teams that mattered and was one of the top contributors as we moved into Heroic Sith. So you can “catch up” eventually in certain ways, but not in all. It all depends on what you care about and prioritize and on playing smart and making good choices.
  • Liath wrote: »
    You have to set your sights on something feasible or you will just be endlessly disappointed. I have been playing for close to 2.5 years now, and I joined a heroic rancor guild earlier than many who started at the same time because I knew somebody who got me in. At that time it didn’t matter much because the raid was easy enough and there were no other guild events going on. Then tank raid came and I felt like a liability because I couldn’t contribute much as we tried to work towards heroic because I was so new. But I did what I could. By the time the Sith Raid came I hadn’t caught up at all by some metrics (I will never come close to the GP of the folks that were in the guild from the beginning), but I built the teams that mattered and was one of the top contributors as we moved into Heroic Sith. So you can “catch up” eventually in certain ways, but not in all. It all depends on what you care about and prioritize and on playing smart and making good choices.

I'll keep that in mind. Any ideas what teams I should work on for the Raid? That'll help me the most. I'm currently farming Bossk and gearing up the scoundrels. Qi'ra, Vet Chewie, L3-37, and Zaalbar. I would farm nest but to do that I'd have to farm ships. Which bums me out a bit. I do care for ships but I don't want to gear up even more characters. So I'm working on Bounty Hunters because 1) they are all fun to play and all of their leader abilities are satisfying and 2) They have good ships
  • @Waqui I meant "they" as if Rogue One. Misspelled it. My bad. I was saying that I didn't like how they used to be ablw to beat Sith teams easily but after Vader and Palpi got their reworks I can't really use them in Arena anymore. Can't even use them in Territory Wars either because almost everyone use Sith. I modded the nightsisters as I was told to. But they still not good enough, even though Asaaj and Talzin and G12. I don't plan on putting gear on Resistance until I unlock JTR. For Resistance I plan on gearing up JTR, BB8, Rose Tico, Amilyn Holdo, and Scavenger Rey. Maybe swap out Rose Tico for R2D2 or somethin'. I dunno. I usually watch Ahnald, MobileGamer, to McMole2 as guidance. It's why I'm gearing up the scoundrels (and also 'cause I think that scoundrels are fun to play).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I'll keep that in mind. Any ideas what teams I should work on for the Raid? That'll help me the most. I'm currently farming Bossk and gearing up the scoundrels. Qi'ra, Vet Chewie, L3-37, and Zaalbar. I would farm nest but to do that I'd have to farm ships. Which bums me out a bit. I do care for ships but I don't want to gear up even more characters. So I'm working on Bounty Hunters because 1) they are all fun to play and all of their leader abilities are satisfying and 2) They have good ships

The single best team for the raid is probably still Nightsisters. There’s a P3 option but it’s harder to set up. I’ve only run them in P4 - for that you want Asajj lead (zeta required), Talzin, Daka, Talia, Zombie.

Revan is great of course, but I assume you’ll be working towards that regardless. In the meantime, Bastila lead Jedi can also do well. JTRey remains awesome in P1, and with the mechanics change, it’s now a lot easier to get a good score without a million restarts. For that team, you want BB8, R2, Resistance Trooper, and I use Scav Rey. Visas is also a good option.

I am not particularly familiar with the scoundrel team or BH, so I can’t help with those.
  • I'm would like to have Revan but if I farm the characters to unlock him, I'll be pushed further back, and then if I did unlock him I would want to farm Jedi. If I do that, I'll have even more characters that I want/need to gear up but not enough gear to do it. With all the characters going into Hard Node farms, there's little farming I can do. I need about 50 shards left for Bossk and then I'll be able to put the final gear on him to put him as G12. Then I can farm Vet Chewie or Hound's Tooth. Or any of the other 10 hard node farms I need to do. I do have zetas on my nightsisters but it's difficult to do much in the raids for me. Bounty Hunters are relatively easy to farm, I just need to be more patient with the hard node farms.
  • I'm would like to have Revan but if I farm the characters to unlock him, I'll be pushed further back, and then if I did unlock him I would want to farm Jedi. If I do that, I'll have even more characters that I want/need to gear up but not enough gear to do it. With all the characters going into Hard Node farms, there's little farming I can do. I need about 50 shards left for Bossk and then I'll be able to put the final gear on him to put him as G12. Then I can farm Vet Chewie or Hound's Tooth. Or any of the other 10 hard node farms I need to do. I do have zetas on my nightsisters but it's difficult to do much in the raids for me. Bounty Hunters are relatively easy to farm, I just need to be more patient with the hard node farms.

My advice. Pick two raid teams and focus on them exclusively. If the teams need hero's journey characters gearing req to the extent needed is fine. I know it sucks to put gear on vet han and chewie but we all had to.

My suggestion is to gear jtr and ns first. Jtr can easily do 3 or 4 mil in p1 and ns can do that in p4 with assaj lead.

You said you have the req for jtr so as long as you have the ns 7 star, then you can focus on shard farming for the future. I'd go with bh or jedi after ns and jtr. They can each do a million and more once you get revan. But if you focus on ns and jtr first you'll be doing 6 mil. Then focus on another 2 teams and it'll be 9 mil. You'll get there.

I run 5 teams in hstr. Jtr for p1. Bastilla and bossk for p2. Chex with chewie for p3. And ns for p4 and get. And can get 12 mil on a good day and 10mil on a bad day. Good enough for top 5 in my guild. When I joined this guild, I was below the min gp but if you have a focused roster, most guild leaders will waive that req.

And trust me as you get gear, the damage really starts increasing. A g8 team does 20k but the same team at g11 ot g12 does 2 million.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Waqui I meant "they" as if Rogue One. Misspelled it. My bad.

Yes, that's how I understood it too. Again: They were not nerfed.
    I was saying that I didn't like how they used to be ablw to beat Sith teams easily but after Vader and Palpi got their reworks I can't really use them in Arena anymore.

Many players enjoyed (and still enjoy) the EP/Vader rework.
    I modded the nightsisters as I was told to. But they still not good enough, even though Asaaj and Talzin and G12.

Even with only g8 zombie and g10 Talia/Daka, you should be able to do far more than 200k in hSTR. Try seeking advice on strategy.
    I don't plan on putting gear on Resistance until I unlock JTR. For Resistance I plan on gearing up JTR, BB8, Rose Tico, Amilyn Holdo, and Scavenger Rey. Maybe swap out Rose Tico for R2D2 or somethin'. I dunno.

If you want to perform well with your resistance in hSTR, you might want to seek som advice on team composition. JTR, RT, Rey scav, BB8 and R2 is the usual recommendation — possibly with Visas.

I usually watch Ahnald, MobileGamer, to McMole2 as guidance. It's why I'm gearing up the scoundrels (and also 'cause I think that scoundrels are fun to play).

Fun should always be your highest priority :—)

• Even with only g8 zombie and g10 Talia/Daka, you should be able to do far more than 200k in hSTR. Try seeking advice on strategy.

I've found after the zombie rework you want your zombie g10 or g11 min. And modded for health. Any lower and she gets killed enough to get zero speed and it trashes your run. G12 is better though. The more health, the more zombie heals on her special and getting talia to full health to feed tm is key.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Even with only g8 zombie and g10 Talia/Daka, you should be able to do far more than 200k in hSTR. Try seeking advice on strategy.

I've found after the zombie rework you want your zombie g10 or g11 min. And modded for health. Any lower and she gets killed enough to get zero speed and it trashes your run. G12 is better though. The more health, the more zombie heals on her special and getting talia to full health to feed tm is key.

I was content with 8.3 million with a g8 zombie (yes, after the rework). But ok, g10+ has its advantages.

The trick is to get her to one or two stacks of +50 speed. From there on it's relatively easy. But yes, it requires health primaries on mods to manage at g8.

But still, far more than 200k should be obtainable with a g8 zombie.
  • I have my zombie at gear 10 or 11 I believe, before her rework. I never did the paper zombie strat. Thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll see what I can do. Was overwhelmed