Game is ruined for f2p

Why do you have to pay hundreds of dollars a week to find any success in this game?

Replies

• Your f2p and have all Revan, Chewie, and the Ewoks ready for c3po?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    He said he was happy, not that he has everything. You don’t have to have everything to be happy OR successful.

If he said yes to your question would you respond with anything other than “I don’t believe you” anyway?
  • ERP wrote: »
    Your f2p and have all Revan, Chewie, and the Ewoks ready for c3po?

If you define 'success' as having every toon immediately on release and expect that to be an achievable f2p goal in a freemium game then you're in for a rough ride.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I've been playing for 2 years and once n awhile spend 50 here and there and still not close to having all my toons maxed but it just takes awhile and decide what squad you want in arena etc etc and focus on that.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    F2P has been treating me well also. You need to lower your definition of "success". No F2P player is going to unlock and Max out every character right at release. Most F2P players don't get legendaries the first time around either
  • If you don’t get the new legendary OP toon on the first try you have no chance of being competitive in arena
    If you don’t get the new legendary OP toon on the first try you have no chance of being competitive in arena

Maybe you're not trying enough. I get 1 in arena every day and I don't have revan. I'll be ready for c3po though
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Yes you can. Every team has a counter. Sure, you won't get top 10, but those spots are for the people who pay to earn those spots
    Your f2p and have all Revan, Chewie, and the Ewoks ready for c3po?

2 out of 3 aint bad. Only missing Revan - and since I have a 7* Traya and 316 speed Thrawn, Revan is easily dispatched of in arena.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    jhnevo2y24zu.jpg

I call "REACH" on OP
  • I'm FTP and very happy. I like having a lot of stuff to work towards, Revan, Chewie, C3PO. I would hate to have everything and everyone maxed, what would I work towards then??
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    ERP wrote: »
    If you don’t get the new legendary OP toon on the first try you have no chance of being competitive in arena

This is the trap so many people fall into. ARENA ARENA ARENA ARENA.

There is a ton to do, but everyone gets so freaking obsessed with arena. If you absolutely need to be #1 in arena, then yeah, you're going to be forever chasing the new hotness. That's just the way it is.

If you relax for a second and realize there's far more going on and it's not that hard to stay at a decent rank with pretty much any well-geared, well-modded team, you'd probably enjoy yourself a lot more.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Plenty of people on my shard who didn’t get Revan and still place at the top just fine.
  • Rank #9 in my shard, NS team. Some Thrawn, EP teams also towards the top.
  • You can be successful ftp. You just have to focus. I get top 20 most days in arena, no revan or traya (though I'm only one raid from unlocking traya so that'll help since I run sith anyway), I beat the mythic of every recurring event, I score in the top 5 of the hstr, and I get 1st in fleet most days.

I am ready when revan returns and will likely be able to finish my ewoks in time to get 3PO. I also started hoarding crystals after I finished the OR farm for the next legendary. I have about 14k saved. I have used some to gear murder bears and refresh cantina to finish stars on chirpa but I don't think I'll need to dip too much into it. And my goal is to get a stash of 50k so I can get the next revan-like character the first try.

But my point is you just have to focus. I could spend crystals refreshing cantina and regular energy daily but once you farm the req for revan/other legendaries, it is better to save the crystals rather than farm b grade characters faster. Basically, you have to ask yourself if the character will increase your rewards anywhere. If the answer is no, then the slow farm is good enough. Best to save the crystals for the next meta shift.

Btw $0 spent
  • You can be competitive at F2P. I was the first in my guild to solo HAAT and many of them are P2P (no whales). You are likely to miss out on characters like JTR, CLS, and Revan the first time. I also will miss C3P0 this time. I make sure I am ready the second time. Most of what makes the game fun to me is a good guild that communicates. Be sure you are in a guild like that to advance as F2P.
  • This thread title is so terribly wrong.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ERP wrote: »

You can still be competitive. I didn't get Revan the first time around. Hope to do so next time around. Traya lead can still reach rank 1.
  • F2P is particularly ruined, but if you're happy with your account status go for it - if not don't think about this game.

Tip: I am happy with my guild members :) because we're helping each other and yours should do that too.
  • 100% F2P since launch. #99 in Arena on a shard that was around at launch.