Post your grand arena match ups... [MERGE]

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    KChat wrote: »
    @FolsomTony
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Hoth Rebel soldier on your arena team?
    Yup. I’m probably the only person in the game that has given him a gear 12+ piece... 😂
    p6w4hedh0elp.png
    He’s a great support that is really a tank, 90% counter chance under CLS, spreads offense down, has a 3 turn taunt & gives defense up. Plus Thrawn AI likes to fracture him, so R2 can stealth everyone else... Totally underrated. Also, in TB the Hero Units never get put in platoons! 😎

I’ve climbed as high as 20 with a decidedly “non-meta” toon in the mix...
    szq14ev8z124.jpeg

You sir, are a genius.
  • It took one of my guildmates by surprise as well...
    q7pk2r7t7gx2.jpeg
  • Unless there are two 'DarthDong's I am going to get steamrolled if the event ever gets un-borked.

My 1.3m vs his 3.1m ... I guess the matchmaker gets confused by decimal points? :o
  • @Rath_Tarr No need to be confused by potential double names. Enter the Grand Arena rewards page & click on your opponent to view their inventory...
  • I have the same issue as everyone else, but speaking with guildmates and hearing everyone's story the match making seems off. Most of those talking here are dominating, but others are outmatched by a long shot. I will be able to destroy my opponent once the bugs are corrected, but the majority of my guild will be lucky to finish one toon against their opponents.
  • KChat wrote: »
    @FolsomTony
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Hoth Rebel soldier on your arena team?
    Yup. I’m probably the only person in the game that has given him a gear 12+ piece... 😂
    p6w4hedh0elp.png
    He’s a great support that is really a tank, 90% counter chance under CLS, spreads offense down, has a 3 turn taunt & gives defense up. Plus Thrawn AI likes to fracture him, so R2 can stealth everyone else... Totally underrated. Also, in TB the Hero Units never get put in platoons! 😎

I’ve climbed as high as 20 with a decidedly “non-meta” toon in the mix...
    szq14ev8z124.jpeg

You are officially my favorite person on the planet!

Hoth Soldier was my bonus toon at the start of the game and I used the heck out of him forever. Coupled with Clone Chewie, He helped me cruise through GW early. I have let him languish at g8 though. You have inspired me to gear him!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    This is kind of off topic but, did we have to join grand arena similar to how we join TW? Cause I was never sent a notification in game or thru my device notifications. I assumed that since I was never sent a notification, nothing had happened yet. I got on probably 5 mins before posting this and it just says something a long the lines of "no grand arena events being available at this time"

@ZCD_9915 yes, you had to join.

Thanks. (Coincidentally, they had to cancel it anyway, so I got super lucky)
  • I feel confused with this, my opponent's defense was really weak. I'm a 3.2 mil GP player, I set some solid D and had some good squads remaining. The guy fought didn't even have a single decent squad on D, I feel bad for him. I really hope he was trolling because when he sees my defense he's gonna be really mad...
  • dont have links or screen shots but i was about 2k higher than my opponent
  • Within 10,000 GP similarity in both characters and ships, however most of his power came from leveling up most of his toons to g7 or 8. I had nearly 2x as many G12 characters and zetas as him, and if it weren’t for the glitches, I most likely would have cleaned through all his defenses, and lost only one or two squads in my defenses.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    My guy does not have a .gg profile so I just looked him up in game (btw, you guys should be doing that and NOT looking at .gg in-case its not accurate, since there were three guys with the same name as mine, and he wasn't any of them).

And well, from what I saw, I didn't even have to put down anything on defence and I would have won, so... yeah x3

Google his ally code rather than his name if you are uncertain
  • I just looked up my opponent on SWGOH.gg..and they have the same GP as me..but they have 36(z) to my 26(z) to include a Treya with (2z) my guild has not opened a Treya yet as we are just able to complete HSTH....Grand Arena was supposed to be matched with same toons..and zatas..equal to your own...we all know Zatas will win every time. I can not counter this..I have no Raven and My CLS squad is unable to kill Treyas in squad arena. I fight her daily if I have the chances available when she shows up. If a Dev will msg me I can link both our gg profiles as proof. If you look on gg..my player name is similar to another player who has Treya and 500k more GP..is it possible match making is being thrown off by this.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I’m matched with a slightly higher gp. They have revan, I don’t. I have Traya, they don’t. They have more g12. I have way, way, way better mods. Should be interesting.
  • Howardc85
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    So, I just lose I guess... fun new event though...
    P.S. I don't have Revan, and can't beat him.qxxccd2zlxm8.jpg
  • Why do you think that's the same person? The X capitalization isnt even the same...
    You need to look in game and not at GG.
  • Risz
    134 posts Member
    I agree they should, if they can, change the matchmaking to include number of zetas or number of G12 in the parameters, number of win in arena is irrelevant as you can win 5 battles out of 5 but be around the rank 1000.

I actually am Matched with someone that has almost EXACTLY my GP, but he got 6 G12, around 8 zetas and poor mods.
    I've got 19 G12, 25 zetas and even my side teams are all faster than his main arena team.

That will be a one sided Grand Arena and the only fun thing will be to watch the number on defenses on my teams as he has a huge number of G8/9 toon, if he ever attack me out of sheer boredom.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Click on rewards then their name and screenshot that
  • Lol, why go to swgoh.gg when you can click on Rewards and see the ACTUAL roster you're matched against?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Howard, if you want to prove anything to us, then take a screenshot of the in—game roster/statistics. This is .... nah! I won't even go there.
  • Not the same player
  • Altazar
    49 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It seems current Opponent Selection Algorithm is based on players GP.
    It could be right if it wasn't devided for Characters GP and Ships GP.
    In my situation - my Ships are good, but characters are less devanced, there is a very low chance to get equal rival for me. Usually, I get rivals with Raven and Traya and unfortunately I don't have them to compete.

I presume, if once you decide to make Flight Grand Arena battles, the situation could be the same and not equal to all players. I suggest to tune Opponent Selection Algorithm to Characters GP and later to Ships GP for Ships battles.

PS: don't hesitate to ask for clarification. English is not my native language.
    Post edited by Altazar on
  • I perfectly agree, it doesn't make sense to use an average of both. I have all legendaries maxed out, 54 g12 characters. My opponent has 30 g12 and no revan. He s very fleet arena focused and i m very arena focused.
  • Gp is bad. My 2.4 m gp opponent does not have cls, jtr, bastilla.. Not complaining, gonna be an easy win for me, but an ELO rating would put both him and I at a much more exciting, fun matchup.
  • luke85sky
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The new Game mode you implemented with Grand Arena is nice but it has some big issues in my opinion.

First: The GP is not really a good parameter to match up your opponents. My firs enemy for example had a revan and a traya team in his defens with nearly the same GP as me, but if you dont have this two characters too there is no way to beat this teams. I leveld a lot of low tier characters to get a higher GP for Territory Battles and that seams to be a disatvantage now in Grand arena. And ships count to GP too.

Second: With a GP of 3.295.000 i have to place 6 fife men teams. If i place my best 6 teams there is nearly no good team left for me to fight in offense, nothing that even could try to beat a traya or revan team.

First: So in my Opinion The Match Matching should consider the amount of higher Rank Characters (for example the number of Rank XI and rank XII Characters should be nearly the same) and the presence of extraordinary good characters as revan or traya and not the GP of the player.
    Second: The team size in my opinion should be reduced to 3 (6 5men teams for most players there is nothing left for offense), or at least it should be possible to use all his teams in defense and offense, or not the GP should decide how many teams i have to place.
    Post edited by luke85sky on
  • i agree, are two different arena and someone can up different toon. example biggs, i can have him g12+ for his ship, but remaining a mediocre toon for pvp
  • Whats GM?
  • Me versus my opponent.

A blue r2, 5 star kru, 5 star 4900gp Thrawn, 65k of nightsisters,a 95k random mixed arena team, no rjt, a six star kylo with 16k Gp, a five star baze.....

He has five zetas, i have 15.

I have two more gp than him, but he has 152k higher ship gp than i do...

60usw512eo2hcg.jpg
    25736/uploads/editor/ji/aad6htek8lrr.jpg
  • I'm trying to figure out what gm stands for...
  • Probably GP, translated to something else in his local language.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You know that GA will include ships sometimes correct? This is just a practice run to let people familiarize themselves with it.