"No Defenses Set" in Grand Arena [MERGE]

Replies

• Id guess they dont care about the grand arena
  • No defense equals you lose since you can't earn enough on offense to overcome someone who set a defense and got territory rewards for "clearing" yours. I did the math as soon as I saw no defense for my opponent thinking they pulled a fast one on me.

No because you lose the points generated by setting banners. That’s 90 vs 64.

• Probably those people , who were told they played wrong by collecting bunches of toons and leveling ships and told they just made bad choices. Probably don't care about said event, so either didnt post defense or like me posted 1 team of lvl 1s
  • When i go in grand arena, i select the 2 opponent zones. In both zones it says « no defense set ».

So what should i do ? Can i attack anything ?
  • Nope. Enjoy your win.
    Much fun game mode brand new much awesome.
  • I apologize to whoever my opponent was. Did not set a defense after I noticed how CG matched us. Said nope, maybe next time. Interesting I can still run battles on offense. I was curious to what would happen.
  • I wish we could collect our rewards now since the match really is over.

I sat on pins and needles waiting for this to start. Now I have to wait some more.
  • No defense equals you lose since you can't earn enough on offense to overcome someone who set a defense and got territory rewards for "clearing" yours. I did the math as soon as I saw no defense for my opponent thinking they pulled a fast one on me.

No because you lose the points generated by setting banners. That’s 90 vs 64.

I am just over 1M GP, which means 3 squads of defense, so I earned 270 banners by placing those squads, which my opponent did not. That means I am up 270-0 going into attack phase. They set no defense, so I was awarded all banners for those zones, so I have 600 banners. Even if my opponent wipes my 3 teams clear without my defense registering a shot, they can't get more than 600 banners. SO just the act of me setting a full defense and them setting none means I win automatically.

Hence, no defense equals you lose.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Same here. Not like I waited 3 days or anything. Def more the player's fault than CG though.

Well, perhaps. But it also might have been the fact that despite the excellent matchmaking (our GP was almost identical), he was scared off by my 53 g12 toons.....to his 19.

Yeah, my opponent has more g12 just on their arena team than I have total. I have just over 500 arena wins. They have over 1500. I’m guessing they’ve been playing much longer than I have. /sarcasm

I might have to spend some credits to pull stored mods off unused characters, and I certainly won’t be touching marquee characters until they’re farmable from now on. Maybe I can mitigate this. Won’t help the score from my ships though.
  • Are you kidding me?! Now everyone, even those that laid down and quit by not setting a single defense gets first place rewards? If it weren’t for the fact they didn’t even try, I wouldn’t care as much.
  • Same here no bonus awards no quest progress.
  • Lol yep saw this too.

ki1psi2cmysm.jpg

Wooo i win
  • Maybe in order to join, you are required to set X default D teams in the signup screen. They will be used if you dont manually set D.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Maybe in order to join, you are required to set X default D teams in the signup screen. They will be used if you dont manually set D.

Yes if no defense is set you get the boot frim match making.
  • My opponent even got first place for not participating. How does that work?rwb8zywa3t8y.jpg
    55hs69dz64wk.jpg
  • My compensation code is 663 194 775.
    Thankyou.
  • Do they just not play anymore?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Join, set nothing, get rewards = free stuff for doing absolutely nothing.

This is the problem of giving stuff to people who lose. I remember when Warhammer online started rewarding gear to the defenders of the city, it ruined that entire aspect of the game cause why would you defend the territories when you could lose on purpose to get better gear?

These people who put nothing on defence would only try to win if they only got stuff for winning, the fact is that this entire thing gives out participation rewards to everyone, and because of this you can completely ignore that it exists.

Only this time even the people who ignore it get winning rewards.

Edit: Think about the actual Territory War in this game. Winning means more zeta's for your entire guild, there is actual incentive to win. Winning in this one gives slicing mats that no-one cares about and some droid callers that are not used by most of the characters in the game - hopefully the rewards for winning actually do outweigh the rewards for showing up later on.
  • Gorem wrote: »

This is the problem of giving stuff to people who lose. I remember when Warhammer online started rewarding gear to the defenders of the city, it ruined that entire aspect of the game cause why would you defend the territories when you could lose on purpose to get better gear?

These people who put nothing on defence would only try to win if they only got stuff for winning, the fact is that this entire thing gives out participation rewards to everyone, and because of this you can completely ignore that it exists.

Edit: Think about the actual Territory War in this game. Winning means more zeta's for your entire guild, there is actual incentive to win. Winning in this one gives slicing mats that no-one cares about and some droid callers that are not used by most of the characters in the game - hopefully the rewards for winning actually do outweigh the rewards for showing up later on.

I doubt most people who posted no defense care at all about some slicing mats. I think it was because they dont care for the game mode.
  • Gorem wrote: »

I doubt most people who posted no defense care at all about some slicing mats. I think it was because they dont care for the game mode.

Then they shouldn't have joined. And they shouldn't ruin the experience for the other players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    As someone who didn’t set a defense cause I just don’t care about the mode much like TW. What is going to bring everyone more enjoyment, if I set an easy defense or all my best teams?
    Need to know for next time so I can make the game fun for you.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Thatdelong wrote: »
    The same garbage happened to me too. Why join and then not even bother to set Defense? Don't want the other guy to have to even work at all? It's selfish and IMO will be the biggest problem with this game mode, as it completely drains the fun out of it. I was excited to battle and now I'm just angry and exasperated.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Then they shouldn't have joined. And they shouldn't ruin the experience for the other players.

Players didn't have the option not to join.....the tutorial pop-up stuff forced everyone to join this exhibition round. Players won't have to join the regular GA if they don't want to play.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

Cg ruined it for them, this matchmaking was horrid. But i agree it wasnt my opponents fault, so i set 5 super weak teams so he could still get the rewards, causevits cgs fault not my opponent. But i wont blame people for not participating, especially after being constantly told they made bad choices, so they decided to make a good one and not participate
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Cg ruined it for them, this matchmaking was horrid. But i agree it wasnt my opponents fault, so i set 5 super weak teams so he could still get the rewards, causevits cgs fault not my opponent. But i wont blame people for not participating, especially after being constantly told they made bad choices, so they decided to make a good one and not participate

They had no choice in joining,CG forced it and it cost us credits from attack wins.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    No defense equals you lose since you can't earn enough on offense to overcome someone who set a defense and got territory rewards for "clearing" yours. I did the math as soon as I saw no defense for my opponent thinking they pulled a fast one on me.

Edit: read this wrongly. Yes, if you dont set defenses u will definitely lose unless your opponent did the same.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

They had no choice in joining,CG forced it and it cost us credits from attack wins.

Not my opponent, he got his 5 attacks
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator

I feel like they gave up after seeing the opposing roster

I like the idea from another person that when you join you set your defenses and then your join is completed. So the whole "who you pair up with + attack phase" happens at same time

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Did anyone else remember reading that if you didn’t set defense it would auto deploy?
This discussion has been closed.