"No Defenses Set" in Grand Arena [MERGE]

12345679Next

Replies

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Wouldn't it just be better to design the event so that people actually want to play it?

Auto-setting bad defenses for teams that were already going to lose doesn't really get to the underlying cause of why people don't want to play in the first place.
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Why? What incentive is there to 'play properly'? I can play without setting defenses and collect rewards, while preventing my opponent from getting them. If that's not fun for them, that's the dev's problem, not mine.

Because it would eliminate exactly what you're trying to do. The reality is that it's not about "not wanting to play"...it's more like, if someone doesn't like a particular match-up, then they'll just pout and not set defenses to spite the other player....so you want to play, but only if you get a favorable match-up.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Halo wrote: »

Unfortunately, I don't think this will solve the problem....."This will only occur at the end of the setup phase if a player has set 0 defensive squads/fleets." Someone will just post 1 defensive team to skirt the auto-fill and leave the other slots empty. They should auto-fill all empty defensive slots. That's the only way to really prevent this sort of thing.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Halo wrote: »

Unfortunately, I don't think this will solve the problem....."This will only occur at the end of the setup phase if a player has set 0 defensive squads/fleets." Someone will just post 1 defensive team to skirt the auto-fill and leave the other slots empty. They should auto-fill all empty defensive slots. That's the only way to really prevent this sort of thing.

why would anyone do that? Just to spite his opponent?
  • Boov wrote: »

Exactly....check out the rest of the thread....that's exactly why some people are saying they aren't setting defenses if they don't have a favorable match-up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Thank the maker. Close this puppy down @Kyno

Done.

Boov wrote: »

Exactly....check out the rest of the thread....that's exactly why some people are saying they aren't setting defenses if they don't have a favorable match-up.

There is no way to fix the mindset of a player.
This discussion has been closed.