Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Hi EA,

it happened to me that my oponent only set 3 deffense squads, whilst I set the all 5.

I defeated his 3 teams in the first trial and got 189 on average on each, plus 450 points for defense, that makes 1017 points for me, but now if he defeats my five defense team, lets say with the same average of 189 points per attack, he'll get 945 points + 270 from the defense, making 1215!!

I think it's an unbalanced situation, as I set all the defense and defeated all teams, I'm going to lose by 200 points! How does it make sense to set 5 defense squads then???

If you need to check anything my ally code is 312-484-539

I hope you do something about this please.

Thanks for everything!
  • Halo wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »
    @bammeister
    Opponent posted no defenses, so I cannot earn rewards for wins, because there is nothing to battle. Can the opponent win from me? That would not seem fair.

This.

The opponent wins 180 for defeating my territory + 64 points per squad defeated. With 3 squads per territory, each territory is worth +372 points, so it's 744 points total.

I get 540 for setting up all my defenses, and then I'm prevented from getting any points at all on offense. THIS IS A GUARANTEED WIN FOR OPPONENTS WHO DO NOT SET UP DEFENSES.

Why are people without defenses being rewarded?

You get should get extra banners for your opponent not setting a defense, making it impossible for them to catch you

Already impossible for them to catch you. You got 90 banners for setting those squads, they get 64 for beating them (at best, if they win with shorthanded squads and full health/protection which is unlikely). You both get the rewards for clearing territories. Not possible for them to catch you.

You forgot to add the banners they would get from conquering a territory, meaning they would go past you if you didn’t get the extra banners from them not setting a defense
    But you also get the banners for conquering the territory if he sets no defence, so they're not relevant, are they?
  • Meneillos wrote: »
    Hi EA,

it happened to me that my oponent only set 3 deffense squads, whilst I set the all 5.

I defeated his 3 teams in the first trial and got 189 on average on each, plus 450 points for defense, that makes 1017 points for me, but now if he defeats my five defense team, lets say with the same average of 189 points per attack, he'll get 945 points + 270 from the defense, making 1215!!

I think it's an unbalanced situation, as I set all the defense and defeated all teams, I'm going to lose by 200 points! How does it make sense to set 5 defense squads then???

Thanks for everything!
    I think you've made some errors in your math. You only get a maximum of 64 banners for a successful attack, and most likely only 56-60 depending on how overpowered your teams are.
  • Meneillos wrote: »
    Hi EA,

Thanks for everything!

how do you get 189 banners per offense win when it states 16-64 pts per win in the territory?

your math is wrong. with 5 teams to set 1 territory gives 210 and the other 180 pts for a clear so you got 1017-450-210-180=177 PTS for clearing 5 teams or AVG 35.4pts

your opponent can get 270+210+180+(5*64)=980pts Max and that's with perfect clears using 2 toons only per offense team finishing with max h/p

btw your error comes from counting the banners earned for territory in your avg PTS per team

1017-450=567
    567/3 = 189

hope that clears it up a bit for you
  • 594-173-125
    My opponent appeared to attacked me already, all my defensive teams have 1 battle marked, and now both my and opponents territories are gray, so I cannot do my attacks. Also the result is strange too, I have 960 banners, opponent has 765 banners, but in rewards section he is on first place. So two questions, 1) why I cannot attack? 2) How is he the winner with less banners?
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    freeico wrote: »
    594-173-125
    My opponent appeared to attacked me already, all my defensive teams have 1 battle marked, and now both my and opponents territories are gray, so I cannot do my attacks. Also the result is strange too, I have 960 banners, opponent has 765 banners, but in rewards section he is on first place. So two questions, 1) why I cannot attack? 2) How is he the winner with less banners?

Not sure about point 1, but the reward section shows wins not banners, which for a one round war without the group of 8 means nothing as it will just show 0 each.

Edit; point 1 is your opponent not setting a defense. Meaning you auto win
    Post edited by Halo on
  • arbster wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    @bammeister
    Opponent posted no defenses, so I cannot earn rewards for wins, because there is nothing to battle. Can the opponent win from me? That would not seem fair.

This.

The opponent wins 180 for defeating my territory + 64 points per squad defeated. With 3 squads per territory, each territory is worth +372 points, so it's 744 points total.

I get 540 for setting up all my defenses, and then I'm prevented from getting any points at all on offense. THIS IS A GUARANTEED WIN FOR OPPONENTS WHO DO NOT SET UP DEFENSES.

Why are people without defenses being rewarded?

You get should get extra banners for your opponent not setting a defense, making it impossible for them to catch you

Already impossible for them to catch you. You got 90 banners for setting those squads, they get 64 for beating them (at best, if they win with shorthanded squads and full health/protection which is unlikely). You both get the rewards for clearing territories. Not possible for them to catch you.

You forgot to add the banners they would get from conquering a territory, meaning they would go past you if you didn’t get the extra banners from them not setting a defense
    But you also get the banners for conquering the territory if he sets no defence, so they're not relevant, are they?

Yep correct. The conquer banners are the same as the extras I was referring to
  • freeico wrote: »
    594-173-125
    Concerning 1, my guess would be your opponent didn't set any defense.
    Congratulations you won.
  • Not sure if its already here, but the character lock doesnt work. It takes your current live gear/mods/abilities while attacking (not sure about defense, but probably too). I was in middle of remoding my toons, my Poe didnt had any mods while i was attacking and he went almost as last, while he should be 2nd with 250 speed which he had when preview phase ended. That cost me my first attempt. On the other side i did zeta chirpa and geared some ewoks during defense placing stage + gave them mods before attack and in the attack they had all gear, abilities and mods, which were currently on them.
  • 275-525-361
    0 banners from board wipe
    0 credits from 6 matches won
    0 quest progress for battles fought*

and I am 2nd for the rewards ...

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

• GOLO wrote: »
    275-525-361

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

You mean you got 960 banners from setting defenses alone?

6x90 = ....
    not 960
  • Trias wrote: »
    GOLO wrote: »
    275-525-361

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

6x90 = ....
    not 960
    Trias wrote: »
    275-525-361

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

6x90 = ....
    not 960

Sorry english isn't my language, I did a mistake: I received banners 6*90 (set defense) + 2*210 (conquer) so 960 !

The other parts are correct. When I checked the event rewards, I am 2nd ...
  • Ally Code: 671-914-136

I have no active Grand Arena events.

In the first GA event (Thursday/Friday), my opponent and I both set defences. But because of bug issues, that GA event was canceled.

The second GA event launched in my game, and the preview phase ran until Saturday night. However, rather than moving into the Set Defence stage, the event button disappeared, and ever since, whenever I press on the GA icon, I get a pop-up message that says "No Grand Arena events are active at this time."

Based on the forum and reddit, it seems most (all?) players are in the midst, or just finished, a GA event. Why did I miss out?

Thanks!

• plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    keknoby wrote: »
    there is a problem with the matchmaking in this arena, my opponent has more than 20 Gear 12 toons (i have 2)
    he has more than 20 zetas (i have 7)
    he has more than 50 mods 6 dots (i have not a single one 6 dots mods)
    he is top 4 arena ranking (i am in the 400 approximately)
    he is top 1 fleet arena (i navigate in the top 40-30 )

how am i supposed to have fun playing versus such an unbeatable monster ?

I mostly agree. I don't think that his arena and fleet ranking should matter during matchmaking though.

Anyway, the grand arena is supposed to be about skill. When it uses total GP for the matchmaking, then the winners will be people who have a high GP variance in their rosters (i.e. many low lvl and low gear characters and many maxed characters). The more lvl 1 and gear 1 characters a person has, the more they'll benefit, as it brings down their total GP.

It would make more sense to use the GP of the, say, top30 most powerful characters in players' rosters during matchmaking, since these will be the actual characters used in the grand arena.
  • GOLO wrote: »
    275-525-361

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

6x90 = ....
    not 960
    275-525-361

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

6x90 = ....
    not 960

Sorry english isn't my language, I did a mistake: I received banners 6*90 (set defense) + 2*210 (conquer) so 960 !

The other parts are correct. When I checked the event rewards, I am 2nd ...

Those look like two separate tables on the rewards page. I'm not sure the player order on the right is indicative of the reward tier on the left.

I'd wait (with screenshots) and see to confirm before claiming you're in 2nd.
  • JJdelE wrote: »
    Ally Code: 671-914-136

In the first GA event (Thursday/Friday), my opponent and I both set defences. But because of bug issues, that GA event was canceled.

The second GA event launched in my game, and the preview phase ran until Saturday night. However, rather than moving into the Set Defence stage, the event button disappeared, and ever since, whenever I press on the GA icon, I get a pop-up message that says "No Grand Arena events are active at this time."

Based on the forum and reddit, it seems most (all?) players are in the midst, or just finished, a GA event. Why did I miss out?

Thanks!

Did you join the 2nd event? If you didn't join then the event goes away once it starts.
  • In a regular arena match i did a CLS mirror match. The enemy Han targeted my Han, my chewbacca kept the stun from applying but it caused my Han to loose his "shoot first" attack. So the counterattack bug seems to be back
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    JJdelE wrote: »
    Ally Code: 671-914-136

Thanks!

Did you join the 2nd event? If you didn't join then the event goes away once it starts.

Yes, I "joined". Was all set to place my D when the event disappeared.
  • @Halo:

I thought the same thing as you, but @Acymetric is correct. The thing you don't notice is that even though it never gives you a message about conquering the territory and scooping the +180 banners per territory, you're getting those banners anyway. My primary account had defenders to fight, but my secondary didn't. When I first checked in I only had the banners from setting the defense. But my banner score got +360 at some point (not sure if I had to log out & back in or just leave GA for the home screen and then go back to GA).

So I got the banners for conquering the territories, and they can never get more for beating my defenses than I got for setting them, so it's all good. They can only tie me on banners for conquering, it will never overcome the defense/offense deficit.
  • @MasterSeedy uunfortunately you are wrong sir I made a previous post breaking down the math but if they use an undermanned team just 1 time and keep protection and health it IS ENTIRELY possible for a no defense setting opponent to win. Unlikely but possible, thats why @CG_SBCrumb needs to address the no defense issue before this goes live for 2 reasons. #1 You cannot get 100k per territory reward if no defense is set or the extra points for each team takin out.
    #2 It IS possible to lose even if they set no defense as I just explained which is ridiculous to even be a possiblity.
  • @SkiaRyder

Do the math again.
  • Alright I will base it off your 6 team version this time.
    6x90=540 for defense
    2x120=240 for auto conqiering both sections.
    540+240=780 for you, you cannot get anymore points.
    0 defense for him
    2x120=240 for him conquering your 2 sections.
    30x6=180 for him per team defeated
    60x6=360 for the offensive win without losing protection or health(this is with using full team).
    240+180+360=780
    You are tied and all is done. But WAIT DERS MORE.
    If even 1 battle they used 4 man team and kept full protection and health they get 61 for that battle giving them a 1 point win over you in total.
    @MasterSeedy
  • @SkiaRyder

You're adding in "30 per team defeated" which isn't awarded - those 180 banners just don't exist. Look at this thread.

You can see that the total award is 60 banners, including the +15 for "victory". There is no additional +30 banners for defeating a squad (that would be "victory" and you already got your +15 for that).

So you're giving the no-defense squad 180 banners more than it is ever possible for them to get. They can't catch up. It's over.

• "look at this thread" in my previous comment is a link. Don't know why it doesn't show up until you mouse-over it.
  • 8dbswfz8wtik.png
    Incorrect heres the table for reference.
    @MasterSeedy
  • So I was facing off against an enemy FO team and the screen froze and the audio kept looping on some horrible noise. Happened at 4:11 mark of the battle.I waited the 5 minutes before force closing the game to see if it would register at least some of the damage and the toon I took down before the freeze. It did not.

My game has never frozen like that with an audio loop before. Not ever. I had some random crashes that everyone had back when TW and TB were brand new but this was different. When game restarted, it didn't save any of the damage done however it did cost me a battle and my FO counter team. Overall it will probably cost me the match as I'm in the 4 mil plus bracket and every banner counts.

Not worried too much about the rewards and stuff, more concerned about the crash and audio bugging out.
  • That's not for defeating a squad, that's for conquering a territory. The total territory bonus is +120 + 30 more per slot. It doesn't matter if those slots are full or not because it's not a "defeated squad" bonus. It's a "conquered territory" bonus.

Since it's a "conquered territory" bonus, the person who sets no defense and the person who does set a defense will get the same points and they cancel each other out.

If it's not operating like that, it's a bug.

WAI the conquer bonuses are equal for both sides, and the victory bonus is at least 26 points less than the "setting a defense" bonus. I can't say for sure whether this bug exists or not. If it does, then you're right that it needs to be fixed. But to the extent that you think this is a "defeated squad" bonus and not merely an adjustment to the "conquered territory" bonus, you're incorrect.
  • SkiaRyder wrote: »
    8dbswfz8wtik.png
    Incorrect heres the table for reference.
    @MasterSeedy

The player that does set defense gets those banners as well, which you didn’t factor into your math, so it’s still impossible
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    Alright I will base it off your 6 team version this time.
    6x90=540 for defense
    2x120=240 for auto conqiering both sections.
    540+240=780 for you, you cannot get anymore points.
    0 defense for him
    2x120=240 for him conquering your 2 sections.
    30x6=180 for him per team defeated
    60x6=360 for the offensive win without losing protection or health(this is with using full team).
    240+180+360=780
    You are tied and all is done. But WAIT DERS MORE.
    If even 1 battle they used 4 man team and kept full protection and health they get 61 for that battle giving them a 1 point win over you in total.
    @MasterSeedy

Your maths is wrong. My opponent set no defence. I got 5x90 for my 5 defensive teams and despite making no attacks, I'm at 840 banners. You're saying that a player who set 6 defences (ie 90 more banners than me) would get a max of 780 banners.

I've been awarded 390 banners for my opponent not setting any defence, not 240. I've been given +30 for every defence he didn't set. You haven't counted the +30 per slot bonus.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • @SkiaRyder

And now we have @FailingCrab to tell us that it's not even bugged.

You've made the mistake of thinking that that +30 is about combat, but it's not. It's about possessing a territory conquered from the enemy. It's just that the more slots in the territory, the more the territory is worth.