Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    So, about matchmaking:

Does anyone know if the Devs are using total roster GP (including ships) or just toon GP (so no GP from ships)?

As long as ships aren't involved, Fleet GP should not be included in matchmaking.
  • Options
    GOLO wrote: »
    Trias wrote: »
    275-525-361
    0 banners from board wipe
    0 credits from 6 matches won
    0 quest progress for battles fought*

and I am 2nd for the rewards ...

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

You mean you got 960 banners from setting defenses alone?

6x90 = ....
    not 960
    Trias wrote: »
    275-525-361
    0 banners from board wipe
    0 credits from 6 matches won
    0 quest progress for battles fought*

and I am 2nd for the rewards ...

e51nfw0xbbri.png

ib4a7p8l2el1.png

You mean you got 960 banners from setting defenses alone?

6x90 = ....
    not 960

Sorry english isn't my language, I did a mistake: I received banners 6*90 (set defense) + 2*210 (conquer) so 960 !

The other parts are correct. When I checked the event rewards, I am 2nd ...

That screen doesn’t show first and second place. Enemy seems to always be the one on top. There is a line dividing the rewards and players. Its two separate things not a leader board.
  • Options
    It looks like overall GP was used. While that's bad for this exhibition event without ships, future GAs will include ships so its a reasonable choice. They're not going to redesign their whole matchmaking algorithm for one event.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    Alright I will base it off your 6 team version this time.
    6x90=540 for defense
    2x120=240 for auto conqiering both sections.
    540+240=780 for you, you cannot get anymore points.
    0 defense for him
    2x120=240 for him conquering your 2 sections.
    30x6=180 for him per team defeated
    60x6=360 for the offensive win without losing protection or health(this is with using full team).
    240+180+360=780
    You are tied and all is done. But WAIT DERS MORE.
    If even 1 battle they used 4 man team and kept full protection and health they get 61 for that battle giving them a 1 point win over you in total.
    @MasterSeedy

64 per battle is best times 6
    120 times 2 for conquer
  • Options
    lol your still completely wrong @MasterSeedy territory conquer points and team conquer points are completely different. BUT failing crab said they got the team conquer points also now which means they fixed it because in first exhibition run it DID NOT auto give the TEAM conquer points only the territory ones. So now this is a dead issue and NO they cannot win if set no defense. This is one of the possible fixes I posted in first place and they obciously threw it in. Ty CG
  • Options
    @SkiaRyder you doubled dipped with offense wins and 30 for defeated squad. That 30 is figured into the 60 leaving a 180 banner miscount.
  • Options
    @3pourr2 no it isnt
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    35bapysgjv0c.jpeg
    @3pourr2 no it isnt

First try 30 offense win 15 plus single point bonuses fir survive health and protection.
  • Options
    I just keep seeing bad math with an attempt to gane the system which was clearly thought about in design. You will not win setting zero defense
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    35bapysgjv0c.jpeg
    @3pourr2 no it isnt

First try 30 offense win 15 plus single point bonuses fir survive health and protection.

But there's ANOTHER 30 points per squad cleared, which is awarded when you clear a territory completely. So the max for any individual battle is 64, then you get an extra 30 per battle plus the Territory bonus when you clear the Territory.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    35bapysgjv0c.jpeg
    @3pourr2 no it isnt

But there's ANOTHER 30 points per squad cleared, which is awarded when you clear a territory completely. So the max for any individual battle is 64, then you get an extra 30 per battle plus the Territory bonus when you clear the Territory.

You get those extra 30 per slot even if a defense wasn't placed in the slot.
  • Options
    35bapysgjv0c.jpeg
    @3pourr2 no it isnt

Both sides have the opportunity to earn those points but the player that set defense gains points for doing so. They will start with 540 more points that cannot be made up on offense with no defense set.
  • Options
    Dear god people lol please look harder lol. The offensive points of 16-64 as you see in your own graph is Offense win-15, plus first try win bonus-30, plus 5 if all 5 chars survive, plus 5 if all full protection, plus 5 if all still full health for 60 points lol. Then look at bottom of graph there is 120 points per conquered TERRITORY, AND 30 more points per TEAM defeated. So 240 for conquered territories AND 30x(number of teams depending on your tier)
  • Options
    This is all for nothing because if failing is correct they fixed it with my original suggestion lol
  • Options
    Dear god people lol please look harder lol. The offensive points of 16-64 as you see in your own graph is Offense win-15, plus first try win bonus-30, plus 5 if all 5 chars survive, plus 5 if all full protection, plus 5 if all still full health for 60 points lol. Then look at bottom of graph there is 120 points per conquered TERRITORY, AND 30 more points per TEAM defeated. So 240 for conquered territories AND 30x(number of teams depending on your tier)

You’re still missing the defense set points awarded to the player that set defense. Of course both players can earn the same points on offense but they cannot maje up for points lost by setting no defense.
  • Options
    There was no fix only bad attempts at gaming the numbers system
  • Options
    lol your still completely wrong @MasterSeedy territory conquer points and team conquer points are completely different. BUT failing crab said they got the team conquer points also now which means they fixed it because in first exhibition run it DID NOT auto give the TEAM conquer points only the territory ones. So now this is a dead issue and NO they cannot win if set no defense. This is one of the possible fixes I posted in first place and they obciously threw it in. Ty CG

The first GA wasn’t awarding banners properly, it had nothing to do with them adding anything in.
    It is still impossible and always has been impossible to win if you set no defense.
  • Options
    lol I give up I hope I face ya'll in GA
  • Options
    lol I give up I hope I face ya'll in GA

Just know I will be setting defense ;)
  • Options
    So...only a whole 7 hours left until this round of GA ends. Lots of things go faster than 1:1 matchups, but not a whole lot goes slower. Just saying...maybe we dont need 2.5 days for 2 players to join, set defense, and attack. The first gulf war started and ended faster than this.
  • Options
    The feature to use last placed defence if defences were not placed this round is not functional. I compleated last round before it was taken down and it did not use my team this round. i entered the attack phase with no defense.
  • Options
    Zatherous wrote: »
    The feature to use last placed defence if defences were not placed this round is not functional. I compleated last round before it was taken down and it did not use my team this round. i entered the attack phase with no defense.

That only applies to a full GA with 8 people. The last one was not a ‘round’ it was a seperate GA
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    SO I read through all these pages and I don't see where anyone brought up the fact that some people received credits for battling on the first GA go around... They also had actions count towards the quests so they are already a step ahead of those who didn't do any battles.. I did not complete and battles because the forums (CG) advised not to. In addition to the first place rewards everyone received are they providing compensation for the credits and not completing the quests?
    Post edited by TC_CrunchyCookie123 on
  • Options
    i've had another error in the actual Grand Arena.
    I get an error message after the first fight against my enemy.
    The Message told me that can not save maybe in case of connection issues.

Dear CG Devs, did you test all? It does not seem so....
  • Options
    Selfish in gearing up our toons..not...it was to help our guild..not ourselves..if you recall we we're lead that direction..."you can find use for even your droids" one Dev mentioned, or advertisement..one of the two...so now we must be penalized for doing what devs Ask.

I can agree with both are athletes..one will.win one will not...but no they are not equal..one has steroids. Matchaking placed me with someone well over my ability. Like placing a heavy weight boxer vs a Welter weight... unmatched...which is exactly what you did when you place 26 z vs 36 z.

Here is the run down:

26 zatas vs 36 zatas

5/6 won. 6/6 won

16 battles to get 5/6 wins. 8 battles for 6/6

We knew how this one was going too end before it began. It wasn't fair to began with, you allowed it, and now your defense is.."well it is your fault for leveling trash". Which was encouraged when TW started by devs. This wasn't going to be even as devs claimed...and somehow it's all our fault.

Notes thanks...and you wonder why I won't rate you higher then 2 stars.
  • Options
    871-822-842

Froze mid battle. Has to force restart
  • Options
    855-184-819
    Have not been able to launch grand arena since it launched keep getting messages that it is not available.
    Checked game is fully updated and tried force reboot with no result
  • Options
    My opponent was able to attack but had no defence set. He won banners.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Nm finally showed
  • Options
    Samt1991 wrote: »
    855-184-819
    Have not been able to launch grand arena since it launched keep getting messages that it is not available.
    Checked game is fully updated and tried force reboot with no result

You forgot to join when they reset the last grand arena