Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Still have not received any rewards for any of my wins in any rounds
    Ally code
    365-381-888

You need to post this over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

There's nobody reading or responding to this thread except other players.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Konnos183 wrote: »
    Today I was battling my GA enemy's ship Team. His Thrawn reached his ultimate ability surprisingly fast, 2 rounds faster than mine. And after 2 rounds he uses it again. I go in a second time to finish him off and he goes ahead and uses his ultimate again 2 times in the battle, again with 2 rounds gap... How is this possible?
    If you could post a video of the battles, it would be easier to explain

There are some ships like TIE Reaper and TIE Fighter that can manipulate a capital ship's turn meter so that it can take multiple turns and without a video we cannot tell you what happened and why

There are also toons that have an effect on capital ship cooldowns.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    3v3 is not a good idea for arena.. There aren't enough leaders, and it makes lots of characters much less useful.
  • Gannon wrote: »
    3v3 is not a good idea for arena.. There aren't enough leaders, and it makes lots of characters much less useful.
    That's... literally half the idea. Change the dynamics and force you to use resources you wouldn't normally consider.

One of the teams I'm fielding is Lando, Chopper, and Sabine.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    idk about everyone else but I can't wait to run Old Ben and Dooku lead on defense again

• 814-492-348

The Han Solo GA quest is not registering wins for the "win 10 battles on offense with Han Solo in your party" condition.

On a side note, the EA page for submitting bug reports just hangs without bothering to load anything after hitting the "submit" button.
  • Bauhaus wrote: »
    814-492-348

The Han Solo GA quest is not registering wins for the "win 10 battles on offense with Han Solo in your party" condition.

On a side note, the EA page for submitting bug reports just hangs without bothering to load anything after hitting the "submit" button.

There's a different page for reporting bugs happening on the bug reporting page.
  • Sedlacma
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi all,
    Ally code is 319-861-181
    I would like report really bad ballance in Grand Arena.
    I am about 1.6M power and in 3 round I met guy with 3.5M.
    That's really just not ok. What chance I have?

covraa1oyjpl.png
    by7uw1x1cxbo.png
    63y8t7vd29ul.png
  • Sedlacma wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Ally code is 319-861-181
    I would like report really bad ballance in Grand Arena.
    I am about 1.6M power and in 3 round I met guy with 3.5M.
    That's really just not ok. What chance I have?

covraa1oyjpl.png
    by7uw1x1cxbo.png
    63y8t7vd29ul.png

You need to look at your opponents in game, not on .gg. If you hit the rewards tab, it lists all the payers in that season, click the players name and it shows you their stats. What you did was look up the wrong player on .gg @Sedlacma
  • @Sedlacma I found another Nema Ghyron on swgoh.gg that’s closer to your GP. Next time, if you go to event rewards and tap your opponent it will show you their profile and you can see their GP.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/843138281/
  • i cant join the current grand arena. am i missing something?
  • blacky123 wrote: »
    i cant join the current grand arena. am i missing something?

Join period not open yet. Wait a few hours.
  • Did they fix the rankings? I got destroyed in round 1, won round 2, and end up ranked ahead of the guy who destroyed me for round 3. So needless to say the Death Star faired better than I did in round 3.
    Alley code: 279-522-286
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The defense nodes show up the same for everyone I've talked to in my guild. 8 nodes for everyone from 2.5m to 4.2m gp..
    When you go in further there are more..
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Grand Arena badge appeared on my home screen during the first events, but not this time, so I missed the signup window. Very disappointing.
  • Likewise I did not have a join option.. when I checked yesterday I got the no active events message
  • same here, no arena availabæe, and did not have any join option what so ever
  • The grand arena also did not show up for me. I checked multiple times a day after the last grand arena ended and this was the message I got every time.

nvsfsoap6vp7.png

Now my guild mates tell me the arena has started even though I never even got a preview phase.

• I received the same issue. All of my guild is preparing for grand arena, but i received a message that no grand arena events are active
  • Dnoff423 wrote: »
    The grand arena also did not show up for me. I checked multiple times a day after the last grand arena ended and this was the message I got every time.

nvsfsoap6vp7.png

Now my guild mates tell me the arena has started even though I never even got a preview phase.

Yep I got the same message and never even saw the preview phase
  • Same here.

I thought it was a time schedule issue but I am out of it

3drkgjc9cltu.png
  • KramSivad wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    The grand arena also did not show up for me. I checked multiple times a day after the last grand arena ended and this was the message I got every time.

nvsfsoap6vp7.png

Same here

• OtrEbor wrote: »
    KramSivad wrote: »

nvsfsoap6vp7.png

Same here

Same issue here, was told to reinstall, update, do all this stuff - it never showed up. Then they said wait I waited now it is too late to join. Its a known issue seems like GA just isn't for everyone. They should give mk5 guns to everyone and cancel this event until its working properly.

No TW, No GA, everyone else collecting rewards this is getting old fast. Totally devalues spending $20 on gear when others get it free. I would be getting it free if this event worked.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!
  • OtrEbor wrote: »
    KramSivad wrote: »

nvsfsoap6vp7.png

Same here

Same issue here, was told to reinstall, update, do all this stuff - it never showed up. Then they said wait I waited now it is too late to join. Its a known issue seems like GA just isn't for everyone. They should give mk5 guns to everyone and cancel this event until its working properly.

No TW, No GA, everyone else collecting rewards this is getting old fast. Totally devalues spending $20 on gear when others get it free. I would be getting it free if this event worked.

PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!

And please acknowledge the issue. It would calm us down
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why doesn’t anyone ever post this *during* the join phase? You should know when it’s open either based on the post about it or from your guild mates telling you. Before it opened there were people saying they didn’t have an event available, and after it closed there are people saying they kept checking and never saw the event available, but I have yet to see somebody post during the 24 hour window that the event was, at that moment, not available to them.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Why doesn’t anyone ever post this *during* the join phase? You should know when it’s open either based on the post about it or from your guild mates telling you. Before it opened there were people saying they didn’t have an event available, and after it closed there are people saying they kept checking and never saw the event available, but I have yet to see somebody post during the 24 hour window that the event was, at that moment, not available to them.

People have normal life. People do not read Reddit, the forum or Discord every single day.

As always, you enter in the game between 6 and 10 times. You do daily missions and events, you check if a raid is launched, collect items from the shops, check if Grand Arena is launched and do your guild’s events.

It is Friday, Territory Wars is on phase 2, you follow in-game instructions and you do the Rancor. Then you do some Christmas shopping and to visit your wife’s family. You come back and log-in again to check that everything is finished.

Then you wake up on Saturday, you enter the game, you do your tasks and go to Discord to chat with your guild mates. You realise they are talking about their 3PJs tactics for the GA.

You think there has been a mistake. Then you go to your game sources (Reddit, Discord and the forum) and realise that it has also happened to some others.

You then say. ‘Hey I’m also affected’

Someone who (apparently) has no problem blames on you because you did not notice the problem before. You continue losing your faith in human being and give more details to people.

I’d love the GM to post the time I spent in the game within the last 24 hours. I am sure they can even trace all the times I clicked on “Gran Arena” section to check if it was launched. I think they were 3 or 4 times (every time I entered the game).

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    OtrEbor wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

People have normal life. People do not read Reddit, the forum or Discord every single day.

As always, you enter in the game between 6 and 10 times. You do daily missions and events, you check if a raid is launched, collect items from the shops, check if Grand Arena is launched and do your guild’s events.

It is Friday, Territory Wars is on phase 2, you follow in-game instructions and you do the Rancor. Then you do some Christmas shopping and to visit your wife’s family. You come back and log-in again to check that everything is finished.

Then you wake up on Saturday, you enter the game, you do your tasks and go to Discord to chat with your guild mates. You realise they are talking about their 3PJs tactics for the GA.

You think there has been a mistake. Then you go to your game sources (Reddit, Discord and the forum) and realise that it has also happened to some others.

Someone who (apparently) has no problem blames on you because you did not notice the problem before. You continue losing your faith in human being and give more details to people.

I’d love the GM to post the time I spent in the game within the last 24 hours. I am sure they can even trace all the times I clicked on “Gran Arena” section to check if it was launched. I think they were 3 or 4 times (every time I entered the game).

I don’t expect that every single person would post here at the time the event is actually open I do expect that if a lot of people are being affected by such a bug then *somebody* would post here during the time the join period is open. I am surprised that I have yet to see *anybody* do that.

This is not a personal attack on you.
  • Also surprised about that.

Thank you for your clarification, it is very much appreciated.
  • Liath wrote: »
    OtrEbor wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

I don’t expect that every single person would post here at the time the event is actually open I do expect that if a lot of people are being affected by such a bug then *somebody* would post here during the time the join period is open. I am surprised that I have yet to see *anybody* do that.

This is not a personal attack on you.

For me personally the answer to your question is that my guild mates didn't begin discussing actual strategy or post their opponents strengths until yesterday afternoon, which would have been during the set the defense stage. So I posted immediately after I found out that the event never popped up for me. I had been waiting for the new grand arena to start since the last one ended but it never showed up. So by that point when my guild mates began discussing it it was already too late. I have already sent in a bug report, a normal customer service report, and my previous post here to ensure the developers see that this is an actual problem.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We are actively monitoring for bug and issues with Grand Arena. Please post your ally code and what issue you are experiencing. Thank you for your time!

Current Grand Arena Known Issues:
    • There is a rare chance the first time you attack a territory with no defense will cause the client to restart. You will not receive rewards or Banners for this battle that crashed but you will receive Banners and rewards for subsequent battles after the restart. This is not impacting all players but we are still investigating the issue and let you know when we find out more information.
    • Error 11 causing reboot of client after first win - patch is deployed

EDIT: Patch is live. Patch notes are here

For more information, here is a link to the latest update on the Grand Arena issues

I just had Error Code 106 when I opened the Grand Arena just now to see the board again