Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Won my battle, did not receive banners for victory, my toons show as used, their toons are still standing. Ally code 428-245-477

3b6iznbk1v81.png

My ally code is 736-611-161. I had the same thing happen!
  • I just had : Error : Client out of sync after winning a battle.

BAD CG
  • Grand arena 3 on 3 is very ugly and not balanced mode. This is the worst thing that the developers have done lately. If the arena becomes impenetrable to the protection of standing characters such as Luke, ANFIS was Carrying, Han and Chubaka... and this is the top of the list. Return 5 to 5 with the fleet.
  • 322-779-557
    Error 106 forced restart
    Cost me a team, an attempt, and a win.
    I lost by 19 banners as a result.
  • DarthZeroDan
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    777-157-847
    After having the error and forced restart on the first victory and falling prey to the "2 instead of 3 squads at the front", I lost by 19 banners!!!! CG, you have robbed me!
  • Keychain wrote: »
    The GA Auto-deploy defense feature did not work. This is the 2nd time that I have gotten screwed over by an opponent setting 0 defenses in GA. This needs to be fixed ASAP!! I spent enough money on this **** game, I expect to actually play the new game modes. I am also a content creator, and having 0 battles to record on day 1 of the 3v3 GA is going to screw me over as well. Great job CG!! At least call it a Beta test if you are going have us all test it without doing any live testing on your own.

Today, 12/13/2018, we’re pushing a Server Update to address several existing bugs.
    SERVER UPDATE NOTES:
    Fixed an issue with Grand Arena participation messages being sent to players that did not opt in
    Fixed an issue with the 3.0 error message appearing for Grand Arena participants whose opponents did not set defensive squads
    Fixed an issue with Grand Arena Banners not updating correctly
    NEW FEATURE: Grand Arena Auto-deploy defenses
    We have added defense auto-deploy for players that set 0 defensive squads/fleets during the setup phase of any Grand Arena round. This auto-deploy sets units from highest to lowest power on defense so manually setting your defenses is still a far more effective strategy. This will only occur at the end of the setup phase if a player has set 0 defensive squads/fleets. Auto-deploy will fill units into defense until all defenses are filled or units run out, whichever happens first. This process could result in the player not having enough units left over for offense. After the first round, IE in rounds 2 and 3, if a player sets 0 defenses in setup phase, their previous round’s defenses are deployed at the end of setup/start of attack phase.

Yes, had the same issue, I was relying on auto-deploy in 1st round, as I wasn’t able to get on and set Defense teams... knew it wouldn’t be great strategy, but at least I could have a crack at them on attack and see if I could sneak one.

AD didn’t do anything so I was left with no def teams, and my opponent had nothing to battle!

Is this yet another bug with GA, or should I say a bug with the patch for the plug in the grand arena?
  • EddyDelGormo
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    469-661-183
    First row of my defenses showed 2 circles on the holotable, but it would actually allow me to place 3 teams. I couldn't notice that and placed 2 teams per front territory only, as the graphics were misleading. This gave my opponent an advantage in points, which decided for his victory upfront!!
    Post edited by EddyDelGormo on
  • After countdown the GA just disapeared........724-868-828
  • It's pretty simple to follow two teams each of 3.
  • I don't know if you can consider this a bug... but I just realized the matchmaking for 3v3 is in fact, based on the whole GP (squads and ships), even though, ships aren't being used in the current event... I just noticed my opponent has more 100K GP in squads, than me... considering I have 487K, and he has 585K, I would say 20% difference is quite enough to ensure an easy victory for him😐. But the whole GP is similar alright (around 960K). So...you people are matching players with similar total GP (including ships) on an event with no ships....assuming everyone has the same ship/squads GP percentage...thing that does not happen (in a lot of cases). Then there's also the single ship GP weight to the whole GP value, which, in scale, doesn't make much sense, when comparing to squads🤓... 2 decent ships (40K each) weight as much as 1 good full squad(5 characters) on 80k? This will hardly match even battles😩
  • Join my guild "Imperial Force Godsss" LVL 75 will share resources and help gain raid coins/rewards
  • Join my guild "Imperial Force Godsss" LVL 75 will share resources and help gain raid coins/rewards

So this is what the threads become. I last posted at 5 pages. I can clearly see there are a lot of complaints.
  • Javabeeker
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    ally code 456-737-761

I only saw two circles in GA front territories and only set two teams, wasn’t clear at all that we could set three teams, and the screen only displays two teams up front...really? I guess I lose this round...I see one other comment to same, are there any others who also had this problem? And the back territories are only two teams...I guess I am just clueless and it was so obvious I didn’t see it?
  • Went back to review first battle, had only set two teams because only two circles (you know, 2 + 0 = 3), and my opponent had also only set two teams! We can’t be only ones to do this randomly...
  • Same problem it showed two circles, why would I think that there were three slots. First round my opponent placed two teams as well. Just seems like yet another poorly implemented part of Grand Arena.

Ally code: 412-913-992
  • My bug is that every opponent I face has 25 more gear 12 characters than I do. Makes no sense. Please fix.
  • Ally Code 381-377-842

On second round of GA, after completing the first battle, all remaining battles won’t open. You can see the opponents remaining teams but there is no response when clicked on.
    It looks as though my opponent has the same issue as the scores are 952-953. One battle each.
  • I_WANT_YODA
    540 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by I_WANT_YODA on
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    There is nothing to fix. Its working as intended. The design choice is misleading but you can actually set three teams if you bothered to read the number on the top right of the territory after tapping on it. There isn't room to visually show three teams currently on the front. Please notice that your opponent is also showing two leaders on the board.

You need to pay more attention on the territory you are highlighting where it shows you the maximum possible teams you are able to set
  • Just had a pretty rare, but pretty big bug:
    My first round we tied, 2021 to 2021, it was a crazy rare thing because we lost the same number of battles and had the same number of survivors with the same health/protection. So it was a really cool tie, and I checked our GPs to see who would win--I had about 2k more than he did, so it was REALLY close, but, hey, I was going to win from the tiebreaker, cool!

I'm getting clobbered in round two so I wanted to check my opponent's collection and noticed he'd lost his first round. I, too, had lost my first round. How? GP breaks the tie, right? So I re-checked our profiles and my first round opponent's GP was now 1k higher than mine, so he won the tiebreaker.

So either:
    A) There's a bug showing the wrong GP, this doesn't seem likely.
    Or
    B) The snapshot captures all your characters' abilities and equipment and so on, but doesn't capture your actual GP. When you tie, it checks your LIVE GP, not your GP as of when the snapshot was taken.

So I should be 1-1, but now I'm about to slip to 0-2 :(
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Just had a pretty rare, but pretty big bug:
    My first round we tied, 2021 to 2021, it was a crazy rare thing because we lost the same number of battles and had the same number of survivors with the same health/protection. So it was a really cool tie, and I checked our GPs to see who would win--I had about 2k more than he did, so it was REALLY close, but, hey, I was going to win from the tiebreaker, cool!

I'm getting clobbered in round two so I wanted to check my opponent's collection and noticed he'd lost his first round. I, too, had lost my first round. How? GP breaks the tie, right? So I re-checked our profiles and my first round opponent's GP was now 1k higher than mine, so he won the tiebreaker.

So either:
    Or
    B) The snapshot captures all your characters' abilities and equipment and so on, but doesn't capture your actual GP. When you tie, it checks your LIVE GP, not your GP as of when the snapshot was taken.

Do,you actually know what you had for GP and what he had for GP when the def set phase started, because any changes at all change what you can see, he well could have been higher then you at the time of the snapshot.
  • People continue to set no defense in some spots to rob the opponent of being able to get the maximum points they can get. If no defense is set in a spot, the opponent should get the maximum points possible if that spot was attacked. That would be an easy way to fix this from being exploited.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    People continue to set no defense in some spots to rob the opponent of being able to get the maximum points they can get. If no defense is set in a spot, the opponent should get the maximum points possible if that spot was attacked. That would be an easy way to fix this from being exploited.

I might have to TW against your guild keeping credits from you is strategy. Keep complaining bout that win tho
  • Anyone else have Three day review period ????
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Anyone else have Three day review period ????

Are there an odd number of people in your group? Maybe you have a bye?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Anyone else have Three day review period ????

Are there an odd number of people in your group? Maybe you have a bye?

All good it we t away after a few min
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Just had a pretty rare, but pretty big bug:

So either:
    Or

Do,you actually know what you had for GP and what he had for GP when the def set phase started, because any changes at all change what you can see, he well could have been higher then you at the time of the snapshot.

I see what you’re saying. You’re saying that he probably had a higher go than me when the snapshot happened, but two days later when we tied mine was higher l, but the game used the snapshot gp (which would be by design) even thiugh checking their profile shows their updated as-of-now post-snapshot gp.

So, in that case, the bug is that the game doesn’t display the snapped gp anywhere.
    Post edited by NicWester on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    People continue to set no defense in some spots to rob the opponent of being able to get the maximum points they can get. If no defense is set in a spot, the opponent should get the maximum points possible if that spot was attacked. That would be an easy way to fix this from being exploited.

I might have to TW against your guild keeping credits from you is strategy. Keep complaining bout that win tho

I doubt they want Grand Arena to be an event where most of the spots are left empty. GA is nowhere near a complete and finished state. It's being exploited currently plain and simple.

Complaining about what win? My wins?