Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• DJT1
    70 posts Member
    New to the site so go easy fellas
    Was under the impression ties were decided by gp..see screenshots...I still lost
    Please explain?
    8i3fizlzd5v6.jpegcbm9u1o0usr2.jpeg
    yjfbqegr8od5.jpeg

• DJT1
    70 posts Member
    I took a full team into final match to get the 60 and draw for the win...If I thought I wouldn’t win I would have gone undersized...hence my frustration...thanks in advance for feedback
  • The same thing happened to me. I could have entered the battle with an undersized team but since I had 300k PG more than my opponent I thought it was not necessary. I am sure I did not have gained that much PG in a week.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    DJT1 wrote: »
    New to the site so go easy fellas
    Was under the impression ties were decided by gp..see screenshots...I still lost
    Please explain?
    8i3fizlzd5v6.jpegcbm9u1o0usr2.jpeg
    yjfbqegr8od5.jpeg

Proof of tie??
    And if tie, it's going off of character gp not total gp
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    1910 each was scorebvbzb1czp6i2.jpeg
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Allow for character gp I’m still 140k plus higher...
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hdd6noth0xpds.jpg
    i Holotable Heroes,

We are actively monitoring for bug and issues with Grand Arena. Please post your ally code and what issue you are experiencing. Thank you for your time!

Current Grand Arena Known Issues:
    • There is a rare chance the first time you attack a territory with no defense will cause the client to restart. You will not receive rewards or Banners for this battle that crashed but you will receive Banners and rewards for subsequent battles after the restart. This is not impacting all players but we are still investigating the issue and let you know when we find out more information.
    • Error 11 causing reboot of client after first win - patch is deployed

EDIT: Patch is live. Patch notes are here

For more information, here is a link to the latest update on the Grand Arena issues

Bugged in GAC battle. No buttons worked, etc. Had to wait until time ran out.
  • q70zd8pbjy1g.png
    89sfr90ggmod.png
    w3pjib24zihv.png
  • I should have won
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    MusssuM wrote: »
    I should have won

same as me in the above...I had a response saying it was a known issue they are looking at resolving via email...not happy
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    I should have won
    Why doesn't Alpha Centuri deserve to win?
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    I should have won
    Why doesn't Alpha Centuri deserve to win?

Hi Ultra

MussM has higher character (53k) and total GP (265k) doesn't he? Going by Crumbs' last official post on tie breakers states the GP at roster locker determines the winner in the event of a tie. Previous to that the developers advise the player with higher GP will be the victor.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189892/grand-arena-tie-breakers

If I'm reading anything wrong here please advise?
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    You are completely correct. Thanks for pointing that out

Submit a bug report. Hope they can get back to you and award you Points + Rewards
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    You are completely correct. Thanks for pointing that out

Submit a bug report. Hope they can get back to you and award you Points + Rewards

Thanks Ultra

I submitted a ticket, response is it is a known issue please allow time for us to rectify...in the mean time I finished 4th not 1st so less rewards for this GA, get a loss bonus instead of a win bonus to GAC score, and the GAC store currency for a loss instead of for a win...

P*ssed about all three but ultimately the 1000 point win bonus hurts the most as that could be the difference between kyber and the next level down...never tied before but relied upon the developer info that higher GP would win, if there was information to say the opposite I would have played last fight differently (less safe). Now I wait for correction!
  • You are lucky. I did not receive any response from EA or CG. This is the first time I have reported a bug and I hope they look into my situation and fix this issue.
    DJT1 wrote: »
    I should have won

same as me in the above...I had a response saying it was a known issue they are looking at resolving via email...not happy

• DJT1
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Be nice to get a) clarification of my personal result from the ticket I put in and b) exact definition of tie breaker result if it is not based on character GP from our friends @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb ???
  • @DJT1 @MusssuM

This has been clarified, I think, by the devs in this post:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/208226/server-update-07-03-2019#latest

Down in bug-fixes it says that ties will now be settled by Matchmaking GP. Which is your top X toons, depending how many you set.

The major downside of this is that it is exceptionally difficult for users to accurately work out what this is, so all ties will create a seed of doubt.
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    @DarjeloSalas
    ThAnks for posting, if we battle 8 each that would indicate matchmaking of 80 toons...would you agree? If so and I compare top 80 of myself and oppo, and I’m in front...what then?
  • DJT1 wrote: »
    @DarjeloSalas
    ThAnks for posting, if we battle 8 each that would indicate matchmaking of 80 toons...would you agree? If so and I compare top 80 of myself and oppo, and I’m in front...what then?

I’m under the impression, and have seen anecdotal evidence, that it would be 40 (defenders only).

I’ve found this tool helpful:
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=434873168&p2=962795628&total=65&submit=Submit
  • DJT1
    70 posts Member
    @Firebrigade
    Thanks for your input...at 40 I’m down, at 65 and 80 I’m up...
    Not just because it suits my position in this case, but surely 40 can’t be the roster comparison when 40 good toons won’t cut it at this gp? If you don’t bat to 70-100 you need malak to sandbag and in that case I’ve still won before. Not having a dip at you or your comment, just frustrated with the lack of definition around this issue from the devs. Appreciate the insights provided!
    @DarjeloSalas

I’m under the impression, and have seen anecdotal evidence, that it would be 40 (defenders only).

I’ve found this tool helpful:
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare?p1=434873168&p2=962795628&total=65&submit=Submit

All the anecdotal evidence I’ve seen supports 80, not 40 (assuming 8 defensive team setting)
  • How about you fix the bug where the buttons disappear and you can’t auto, or do anything and then you lose an entire championship because of it...
    @Firebrigade
    Thanks for your input...at 40 I’m down, at 65 and 80 I’m up...
    Not just because it suits my position in this case, but surely 40 can’t be the roster comparison when 40 good toons won’t cut it at this gp? If you don’t bat to 70-100 you need malak to sandbag and in that case I’ve still won before. Not having a dip at you or your comment, just frustrated with the lack of definition around this issue from the devs. Appreciate the insights provided!

I don’t disagree with you, I’m just not sure they’re looking at it like that. It definitely *should* be taking offense into account as well, but it didn’t appear to be. I didn’t check it this most recent round but in the previous one, on match day, my groups have been almost exactly matched on the gp of the top 30 characters (6 teams). It didn’t differentiate too much more out to 60, but wasn’t as close as it was at 30.
  • Peleryn
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

There has been some discussion around how ties are resolved in Grand Arena, and I wanted to clarify one part specifically:
    If two players tie in Grand Arena with the exact same amount of Banners at the end of a round then Galactic Power will be used to resolve the tie. The Galactic Power of both players is captured at the time of matchmaking and does not update at the end of a battle. This means at the end of an event both player's GP may have changed and will not be representative of who would win in a tie.
    If you think you are experiencing a bug in Grand Arena, please let us know over in the official bug thread.

At the last Grand Arena me and my opponent got the same number of Banners. According to what You wrote, I should win because I have more Galactic Power, but I lost.

GA Result:

j0do2afmos3n.png

My GP:

pp8lcplh5jne.png

My Opponent GP:

2bcdb2k7kbx2.png

1ngemiwom6d1.png

cua2epvtsjny.png

Any suggestions?

Regards.
  • They use the matchmaking GP which in your case is probably top 60 toons.

You can check you / your opponent using a tool - search my posts, I sent it last night to someone else.
  • Olorin
    33 posts Member
    I tied in GA and lost but i have 400k more GP than my opponent and did at the start of the GA. I have no increased my GP 400k in the last week...

ba4wgujopkqa.png

Opponent's GP
    8w4awacmm8oy.png

My GP
    8srib2o451jx.png
  • Olorin wrote: »
    I tied in GA and lost but i have 400k more GP than my opponent and did at the start of the GA. I have no increased my GP 400k in the last week...

ba4wgujopkqa.png

Opponent's GP
    8w4awacmm8oy.png

My GP
    8srib2o451jx.png

@Olorin read the post directly above yours please
  • Solverk
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    😀
    Post edited by Solverk on
  • MusssuM wrote: »
    q70zd8pbjy1g.png
    89sfr90ggmod.png
    w3pjib24zihv.png

Only viable GP is counted, which means the total GP of your top xx characters