Why does it seem like Mythic Thrawn is buffed

Prev13
So whenever this event rolls around I always would 2 star the last tier, at minimum. Now I can’t even kill off Ezra without good RNG...the AI seems to be much faster (my Zader has 325! speed after his buff is accounted for and they still go three times before he goes 1) and they’re hitting harder.
Is this more stealth work by CG or....am I going nuts

Replies

• Nope. Mythic tier is ridiculous for thrawn.
  • And just for reference I’m using G12 ZThrawn, ZVader, ZZPalp (All G12), G11 DT and G11 Shore
  • Vader can be a liability, all them buffs give Phoenix health. However I use the same team and it usually three stars it for me.
  • Vader can be a liability, all them buffs give Phoenix health. However I use the same team and it usually three stars it for me.

But his speed and ability block should be key to stop the backup plan buff. I can’t understand how even with preloaded TM, the AI goes three times before a 325 speed Vader. That means their speed is at 650?! What did they do? Use Red Stars from MSF....lmao
  • All this mythic (and not only) mobs are overbuffed. For that is the only chance for them to compete with player.
    6 mobs insted of 5, super speed, super damage, new skills sometimes... All to be less trashy. It normal. And anoying
  • Well tbh Phoenix would never be able to fight with empire if they were normal. Not saying they should be like this but they had to boost them or this would be the easiest mythic ever
  • I was wondering How Phoenix can play 3 times before I can Land a blow with both vader and Thrawn at 245+ speed...
  • Same here, I generally lose 2 to 3 toons before I can land a first attack... Ridiculous.
    Plus the fact you can't run Palp lead.
  • Same here, I generally lose 2 to 3 toons before I can land a first attack... Ridiculous.
    Plus the fact you can't run Palp lead.
  • They should let us choose the leader even if we must use thrawn.
  • Maybe I had great RNG, but it felt fine: Thrawn, EP, DT, Shore, Vader. All survived, first try. Didn’t have 3* in the past.
  • I was wondering How Phoenix can play 3 times before I can Land a blow with both vader and Thrawn at 245+ speed...
  • I think if you zeta thrawn leadership the event becomes much easier, but I don't see the point in that zeta just for this event.
  • apago0b7ivnn.png
    No zeta lead...finally 3*red it😆
  • "This event mission is extremely challenging and requires powerful characters and careful strategy." I don't think they understand what strategy means... (they keep using that word).
    So here:
    Definition of strategy
    1a(1) : the science and art of employing the political, economic, psychological, and military forces of a nation or group of nations to afford the maximum support to adopted policies in peace or war

(2) : the science and art of military command exercised to meet the enemy in combat under advantageous conditions

b : a variety of or instance of the use of strategy
    2a : a careful plan or method : a clever stratagem
    b : the art of devising or employing plans or stratagems toward a goal
    3 : an adaptation or complex of adaptations (as of behavior, metabolism, or structure) that serves or appears to serve an important function in achieving evolutionary success
    foraging strategies of insects

Now... each of these various definitions implies thought. There is no thought behind retreating 140000 times to get good rng.
  • Yes, it's buffed. They all come in with full TM and increased speed after that. It's meant to be very hard because Mythic events are "end game" material (or at least they are at the time they're released). If you can't beat it yet, that's by design. Keep grinding and you'll get there. Thousands are beating it so you can rest assured, it's not impossible.
  • Got 3* last time, now i can’t even 1* it. And now i even got better gear on most of the chars. Seems harder..
  • Thrawn lead. Palp Zader. Shoretrooper to soak up the initial onslaught and top for buff (bonus protection) immunity or sub in death trooper if no tfp.
  • Its not harder, just depends on RNG which toon(s) they attack before its your turn. I failed the first Round with Thrawn, Vader, Palp Death and Shore but 3*ed the second attempt (only Zetas on Palp and Vaders lead, therefore useless in this event).
  • Sometimes it takes a couple tries.

It took me like 3 tries and I easily beat it and my empire isn’t that good.

No zetas besides Zarkin(I have Vader and palp leader) and I beat it with palp/Vader/DT/zarkin so no tank or arena mods. All are g12 except DT, I think he’s g10
  • It hasn't been changed, every time it comes up people say it's been made harder--so either it's literally been buffed every time it's come around, or it's the same difficulty now as it was when it first happened and it's just too rng-reliant that sometimes you finish it super easily, sometimes you finish it after 50 tries.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Okay, I've been at this for an hour and I'm just incredibly frustrated. I feel like I ***should*** be able to finish it, but I just can't. What am I doing wrong? Is it squad composition? Here's my roster, tell me exactly who to use:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/843944478/characters/?f=Empire

Is it my mods? I'll move anything to anyone.

Is it my kill order? I've been going for Kanaan first since getting rid of him will turn off counterattacks and stop them from healing every time there's a debuff.

My general strategy has been to sit through the zillion attacks they get (Side note to the folks who think it's been buffed--look at Hera's leader ability, that's why they get so many turns) and see who's left. If just Shoretrooper dies, continue; if Shoretrooper and someone else are dead, reset retry. Vader and Tarkin usually go first, so throw out debuffs since Kanaan's heal only affects health and you're still upagainst protection; land Shock on Kanaan, just keep shooting him until he's dead--except by then all my folks are dead.

Any help you can give is appreciated. I just want this dumb event over.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Okay, I've been at this for an hour and I'm just incredibly frustrated. I feel like I ***should*** be able to finish it, but I just can't. What am I doing wrong? Is it squad composition? Here's my roster, tell me exactly who to use:

Is it my kill order? I've been going for Kanaan first since getting rid of him will turn off counterattacks and stop them from healing every time there's a debuff.

My general strategy has been to sit through the zillion attacks they get (Side note to the folks who think it's been buffed--look at Hera's leader ability, that's why they get so many turns) and see who's left. If just Shoretrooper dies, continue; if Shoretrooper and someone else are dead, reset retry. Vader and Tarkin usually go first, so throw out debuffs since Kanaan's heal only affects health and you're still upagainst protection; land Shock on Kanaan, just keep shooting him until he's dead--except by then all my folks are dead.

I beat it with Palp, Vader, DT and, yes, really, RG. You have good Tarkin, he could be of use, mine is rather weak. I went for the squishy ones first to enable deathmark and also reduce their damage output asap, then dealt with Kanan, Zeb and Chopper at my leisure. Still took several attempts.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Nic, if possible try to kill Sabine and Ezra first since they are the damage dealers for the team. It then becomes an attrition game from there.
  • They took away the invisible taunt that used to be there at the start. Used to be the initial barrage would be spread across all the toons. Now its concentrated. I used to 3* easily, now I havent been able to beat it.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Okay, I've been at this for an hour and I'm just incredibly frustrated. I feel like I ***should*** be able to finish it, but I just can't. What am I doing wrong? Is it squad composition? Here's my roster, tell me exactly who to use:

I beat it with Palp, Vader, DT and, yes, really, RG. You have good Tarkin, he could be of use, mine is rather weak. I went for the squishy ones first to enable deathmark and also reduce their damage output asap, then dealt with Kanan, Zeb and Chopper at my leisure. Still took several attempts.
    HK22 wrote: »
    Nic, if possible try to kill Sabine and Ezra first since they are the damage dealers for the team. It then becomes an attrition game from there.

Alright, I'll try taking out Ezra and Sabine first, then. Hopefully changing the kill order does the trick.

I changed rosters this morning. Last time around I went with Vader, Palpatine, Shoretrooper, and Royal Guard figuring the double taunt would help. That left me with not enough damage. So I took the Guard out and put Tarkin in, and his initial debuffs really helps drop the damage for that second wave of attacks.

The one time I killed Ezra it was through a bunch of DoTs and Palpatine's unique finishing him off. If I can't finish the event this time around, I'm going to just focus up on a DoT-based strategy for the next go-around :P .
  • They added speed for sure but got through it in couple tries, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, ST(important), Palp
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

HK22 wrote: »

Alright, I'll try taking out Ezra and Sabine first, then. Hopefully changing the kill order does the trick.

I changed rosters this morning. Last time around I went with Vader, Palpatine, Shoretrooper, and Royal Guard figuring the double taunt would help. That left me with not enough damage. So I took the Guard out and put Tarkin in, and his initial debuffs really helps drop the damage for that second wave of attacks.

The one time I killed Ezra it was through a bunch of DoTs and Palpatine's unique finishing him off. If I can't finish the event this time around, I'm going to just focus up on a DoT-based strategy for the next go-around :P .

Shore is definitely a better choice than RG, I just used him because I don't have Shore geared enough.