Quality of Life Suggestions

jaloz_waldson
4 posts Member
edited December 2018
I appreciate all the work that’s been done in this area, and recognize the challenge of maintaining a complex game for so many different sorts of players. I have a couple of suggestions in this area, that I feel would be broadly useful.

1) it would be nice on multi-encounter battles (especially the 8-part epics), if we could go back one encounter after a defeat instead of replaying the whole ordeal. Many times, those first stages are trivial, but time consuming, while the last stage is tactical or overly prone to the whims of randomness (on the same event with the same configuration, I’ve been completely decimated in the last stage, and won with three stars). While I don’t mind the tactical aspect, it is frustrating to spend so much time not doing that as I wade through endless waves of trivial minions.

2) whenever I work with mods, it would be nice when I’m done with a character, that I’d go back to that character in the mod list, instead of starting at the top and having to scroll back through (or refilter or whatever)

3) it used to be the case that when I went back into LS/DS battles that the battle I most previously did was automatically selected. Now, only the level is.

4) When I’m equipping a mod that’s coming from another character, it’d be nice to have the option of swapping the mod I’m removing from the active character with the mod I’m getting from them, so then I don’t have to find that character and reequip them. Often, I’m doing a bunch of work on one character, which might involve removing mods from several others. The cognitive load of remembering which characters and which mods could easily be alleviated through swapping.

5) the mod cap seems like a preposterous thing to have to manage. There is so much variety and variance in mods, plus so many strategic decisions both now and in the future, that being forced to work around a mod cap (is it the only limited thing in the game?) seems out of place.

6) Keep with the strategy of providing variety without bringing in new characters (obviously, keep bringing in new characters). The clone wars territory battle bonuses were a fun twist. There’s no reason that shouldn’t continue. But any sort of bonus (double drops, cheaper refreshes, goofy events) helps reduce the cynicism.

7) farm boy Luke X-wing? A couple new capital ships? CLS snow speeder? Additionally, it seems nearly impossible to 7* ships as frequently as characters.

Thanks for taking the time to read through these!