Eliminate preview phase for grand arena

13Next

Replies

• Gannon wrote: »
    There are already complaints of facing opponents that set no defense. Making everyone auto join would only make that situation worse.

Having to hit a join button the day before isn't much of an inconvenience. And it likely reduces the matches against non active players greatly. Now some are ok with an easy win but others want to actually face an opponent rather than have nothing to attack. And the intent of the mode is not to have people face empty spots. So the join period helps weed out those that don't want to play this mode or who are in active in general.

Not really. not everyone has to join from what I've seen here, some are complaining that they missed joining the event, but it's the ones joining and not placing defenses responsible for empty boards. They're doing it purposefully.
    I'm with you, I don't want an easy win either. I would also like to get the quests done also. But currently ppl can leave boards empty after joining

You can't say for sure the motives of those not even setting defense. But I do think setting defense should be the min to get rewards.

But there are players that don't like this game mode and don't want to play it. So I'm assuming if you force them to join, they will set no defense adding to the issue there.
  • There could be some merit to removing the preview phase and join in option, and simply making it so your first defense set triggers the join and locks in your characters skills/mods/zetas/etc.

Then at least there's no complaints about a completely empty board with no defenses to work on challenges, and we skip that extra day of anticipation.
  • Edison wrote: »
    There could be some merit to removing the preview phase and join in option, and simply making it so your first defense set triggers the join and locks in your characters skills/mods/zetas/etc.

Then at least there's no complaints about a completely empty board with no defenses to work on challenges, and we skip that extra day of anticipation.

It will not make it start sooner it will start on the start day rather there is a preview or not.
    There could be some merit to removing the preview phase and join in option, and simply making it so your first defense set triggers the join and locks in your characters skills/mods/zetas/etc.

but then they match everyone, and those that don't put the defense up have to be rematched.

Or if you set defense at the last minute, the computer may not have time to match you.

A change like that could create more issues than it solves.

A better solution may be to allow players an option in the setting to auto join all events that have a join phase. That would be a qol so you don't have to manually remember. They could set it to unselect if you're idle for a week or more. That would still have a join phase up but if you had auto join selected, you could simply ignore it.

There would also be the horrible downside of forcing you to set defenses before seeing your opponent’s roster, taking all the strategy (and the whole point of the game mode tbh) away.

Also autojoin everyone will increases massively the chance of you getting matched against an inactive player (inactive for a year, or someone away for the week, whatever), and it has zero positive outcome.

All in all, and of course that’s juste my personal opinion, removing the joining period of those events makes no sense whatsoever.
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »

There would also be the horrible downside of forcing you to set defenses before seeing your opponent’s roster, taking all the strategy (and the whole point of the game mode tbh) away.

Also autojoin everyone will increases massively the chance of you getting matched against an inactive player (inactive for a year, or someone away for the week, whatever), and it has zero positive outcome.

All in all, and of course that’s juste my personal opinion, removing the joining period of those events makes no sense whatsoever.

Good point, I had forgotten that the first day of joins allows us to then get paired and know who we're fighting! Thanks for pointing that out, because you're right, my thoughts on that would suck! haha

A better solution may be to allow players an option in the setting to auto join all events that have a join phase. That would be a qol so you don't have to manually remember. They could set it to unselect if you're idle for a week or more. That would still have a join phase up but if you had auto join selected, you could simply ignore it.

That would be cool too.

And Again, I'm not saying that it will speed up events or whatever (for the fifth time).
    I also didn't say to remove key points of the matchmaking, just that it be done behind the scenes.
    Some will not want to play, I get that. Ppl are leaving empty boards atm anyway, so auto populate them.
  • It's not like you're setting up defense in a way to stop a specific opponent - you don't know anything about them. The defense phase really could/should allow for the by-pass of a preview phase. If it's everyone4mil gp and up that have to set 4 teams on defense - just do that in the defense round.

I don't really mind it the way it is now either though, I'm really not looking to be overloaded with these types of events.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    It's not like you're setting up defense in a way to stop a specific opponent - you don't know anything about them. The defense phase really could/should allow for the by-pass of a preview phase. If it's everyone4mil gp and up that have to set 4 teams on defense - just do that in the defense round.

I don't really mind it the way it is now either though, I'm really not looking to be overloaded with these types of events.

That's not always true. If my opponent has bastilla, I keep mine as an easy counter. If they have traya, I keep ps or another team I usual put on defense.
    You can view them easily from the "event reward" section.. Or just look em up
  • Gannon wrote: »
    Ok I get that, I hated the flash events also, although I managed to catch most of them.
    My point was that if there is one all-in event (territory battles), why not make the other events (territory war and now grand arena) all-in also, and eliminate the need for an extra day off staring at an empty board..
    Especially if the initial runs are indeed all-in.

Just doesn't make any sense to me, as a guild leader, to allow ppl to opt out of some events but be expected to be fully active in others. Everyone in my guild is expected to be fully active and participate in everything, or they can go find a casual guilds that doesn't care. Most guilds function that way. Why confuse things by adding all-in for some and opt-in for others?

I run a guild as well. If someone is going to be busy in real life or unable to participate in TW we prefer that they sit out. It gets very difficult to float people in TW.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    They need to have everyone signed up before they can match you. Part of the matching is to set the number of squads placed, which I believe they said is based on the lower number of the match.

So yes there is a reason.

This explanation makes sense for tw but zero sense for ga. They are matching players based on a players gp and deciding how many defenses to set based on that same gp. Are you saying that someone could manipulate their go by a mil or so, enough to to change the defensive teams. After you defended their use of gp for matchmaking, you say this??? Please think before you type.

It's not about the GP. That doesn't change regardless of whether it starts with a preview phase or not, people can remove mods all the same.

It's about it being opt-in. This minimizes the number of people who get matches with inactive accounts. Clearly there are still problems with ppl not setting defense, but imagine adding in all the accounts that were abandoned over the last 3 years.

As for TB, it being opt-in doesn't make any sense, because the difficulty doesn't scale. Whether you are a 50m GP guild or a 250m GP guild, what you encounter in TB is exactly the same. Not participating is a guild issue, not a CG issue.
  • I don't know about the preview phase but the review phase suucks!! I have won the battle and i need to wait an entire day to get my rewards??? Why?
  • I don't know about the preview phase but the review phase suucks!! I have won the battle and i need to wait an entire day to get my rewards??? Why?

Nope, rewards already have landed, Try force closing your game and reopening it. Review phase has zero to do with reward dispersal
  • I don't know if that was already said but, about main topic, TW and now GA have a registration time because they are PvP, and you/your guild will face different enemies (easier or harder) based on partecipation.
    TB is PvE and the enemies are always the same, with 50/50 participants and 1/50, so no reason to set a registration time.
  • How about, have the 24hr join phase. Once paired. Give us an option to start the next phase once both players have set their defenses.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They aren't going to run more events just because they remove 24 hours from the schedule anyway. This is what I never understood about people complaining that TB phases weren't 12 hours. If they were, you'd finish in three days instead of six, and then people would complain about the three days with nothing to do. You aren't getting more rewards just because they accelerate the schedule.

In fact, u might get less cause with only 12h, some people are gonna miss phases.
  • I do agree that it sucks to have to wait so long to complete the event. However, that's the only way to allow sufficient time for those who have to log at different times.
  • Preview Phase needs to be cut out altogether.
    24 hrs preview
    24 hours defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defensive set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review and receive rewards
    That’s 10 days to do at the most 3 opponents. Time needs to be cut. If I have this figured wrong then please let me know. To me it’s going to cut the joy out of this grand arena just because it’s drug out through way to many days.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Benchmark wrote: »
    Preview Phase needs to be cut out altogether.
    24 hrs preview
    24 hours defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defense set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review
    24 hour defensive set up
    24 hour offensive strike
    24 hour review and receive rewards
    That’s 10 days to do at the most 3 opponents. Time needs to be cut. If I have this figured wrong then please let me know. To me it’s going to cut the joy out of this grand arena just because it’s drug out through way to many days.

q3ge3l1tba8u.png

7 days
  • Thenks kyno that’s the verification I was looking for
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Yall say people who develop rosters more should have an advantage but not ppl who have more free time and wanna play more..... seems selfish and self promotion like
  • The preview phase is basically a 24 countdown to lock your roster - so if you want to move mods, gear up a specific team or character, slice mods, etc. the preview phase gives you the opportunity to do so.

I'm fine with it - in fact I prefer the 24 hour warning to lock.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Please! Waste of time.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    With or without preview phase it still starts on the same day. Removing the preview wont change anything. The complaint that an event gives a one day warning isn’t necessary.

Agreed, there are better things to complain about than this. Most people on this board probably log in daily. What is the difference if you go press one button (5 seconds of work) that says join and wait a day or just wait that day anyway and then auto-join? Have you really gained or lost anything by pressing the button? You didn't get more rewards or more GAs. Some people gain with the join period because they don't want to play this mode. Those of us who do want to play avoid "no defense set" opponents, so we gain as well.