The Right Way to use Juhani!

Okay...I listen to podcasts for swgoh on and off and I've been reading comments about Juhani and they mostly sound like - "it's an interesting kit...doesn't fit with Jedi...she's not bad but her kit is weird...etc". She absolutely doesn't (really) work with Jedi, and she's not designed for that. BUT she IS designed to work very well..

With the DoT Old Republic team:
Carth Onasi
Canderous Ordo
Zaalbar
Mission
Juhani

In this she provides 3 vital roles. Team cleanse (with her taunt), first tank (more on this later), and substantial damage output.
Juhani should be modded for offense.

First; Her Taunt ability and passive special are Designed to work with Zaalbar. Listen, big Z is a good tank, but he's a Great tank when it auto procs and he gains Retribution (which Mission assists!). It procs on a character losing 100% protection. Funny enough, that's when Juhani gains stealth, offense up and loses taunt. So Juhani wants to taunt, take that first bit of damage, then pass off the taunt to Zaalbar and start hitting hard.
Her basic already does slightly more than Revan's basic and when you have 5 debuffed enemies it hits for 9-10k without a critical, and without mods. With mods you could probably get that to 12-15k non critical hit. So 20k+ critical basic that gets called alot because of Carths lead, and most enemies will have dots because of the team. Add Offense Up and she's suddenly a consistent offensive force. Her special is fun and useful both in getting her up to full house again as well as stagger(!!). The cooldown for th taunt is admittedly less ideal but if you get 1 turn of taunt outta it before Zaalbar taunts you won't really need taunt again for a few rounds.

I honestly think that Juhani wraps that whole squad together. A team cleanse is crucial for them, an initial or second tank is also vital. A substantial damage dealer is also important. She's not an amazing toon but she absolutely has a role and a place. Just stop looking for her to fit with Jedi.

Replies

• Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Was thinking about change the mod for her.

Currently running this
    7v66xci19whi.jpg

And running juhani with these mods

3dm1l3rw5rju.jpg

Feel shes underwhelming and planning change her mods to attacking one, but cant decide which set going to use.

Offence + crit chance with crit triangle probably?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I went against a team with g10 Juhani in GA and my team was hurt but I though I had it in the bag. Then she did her AOE and killed my 2 attackers and support. Then she she just outlasted my 2 tanks who could not kill her before Timeout. I messaged my opponnent about it. I imagine she would be even better on a Carth team. Good post OP. Very Helpful.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I'm kind of baffled by how many people still don't understand how to use her given that she was released in the same batch as two of her ideal teammates (Carth and Ordo). I've also heard of people using her as a "traditional" tank in a Jedi Revan team with some success but I imagine that requires some pretty specific modding.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Thanks for this. Currently my 5th is T3 as Juhani doesn’t have a ship, but I see the logic of a Phoenix 2.0 team. Very interesting. Again much thanks
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm kind of baffled by how many people still don't understand how to use her given that she was released in the same batch as two of her ideal teammates (Carth and Ordo). I've also heard of people using her as a "traditional" tank in a Jedi Revan team with some success but I imagine that requires some pretty specific modding.

Heard my guildmate going to imagundi (L), aayla, ezra, kannan, juhani for a counter team.
    Seems fun too.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Was thinking about change the mod for her.
    Currently running this
    7v66xci19whi.jpg
    And running juhani with these mods
    3dm1l3rw5rju.jpg
    Feel shes underwhelming and planning change her mods to attacking one, but cant decide which set going to use.
    Offence + crit chance with crit triangle probably?

3cyzcqfon29i.jpg

Now her mods, triangle is 36% crit dmg.
    Her dmg is 3856 (1072), G12 with 0 piece of gear, and is better than before I modded, health, defence, which tank needs.

but still little underwhelming....or I choose wrong target to practice lol
    Fighting sisters in arena now for practice.
    Mine just G12, if all 5 gears equipped she will have 280 dmg and 260 str, which means at least 540 more dmg...

maybe she's like Grievious, need full G12 to shine?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Great topic SylForge006. That is also one of the reasons why i am farming Old Republic (Darth Revan is the other one). This team can be really good on the Grand Arena and territory battles/war.

I already put a zeta on Carth and i am in the process of modding them right now.
  • Great post ... I've been wanting to piece together this team for a while ... but I need another set of Mission/Zaalbar to go with my Qi'ra team :smile:
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    OP, just wanted to say I remember you posting this and meant to like it. nice work
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Great post ... I've been wanting to piece together this team for a while ... but I need another set of Mission/Zaalbar to go with my Qi'ra team :smile:

Well you can than use:
    Qira, l3, nest, vchewie + st han

At least that's what I use as second scoundrel team.
  • I was wondering though, what if you played this team with Cornered Beast Z Wampa instead of Juhani? All those DoT...
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Juhani is great on a carth OR team. The team itself is highly underrated. I have 4 health and 2 crit chance mods on her to get more out of her remorseful thrash special. Makes her more of a tank, but she still does good damage
  • I was wondering though, what if you played this team with Cornered Beast Z Wampa instead of Juhani? All those DoT...

This is actually my ideal team (in theory) but I haven't gotten Wampa yet to try it
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    px1k9xn4o46o.jpg

Her mods, for now.
    Gear is G12+5, dmg 5121 (can be improved further by mods), and physical dr 52%.

She's awesome, hits harder than my G12+2 6* mods ordo on chars with trash defences (usually NS...lol)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I love using juhani in a dot team! Many people say Wampa is better but I believe the true spot goes to juhani, such a cool kit she has as well.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Any thoughts on putting Juhani in a Revan Squad instead of GK?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So just got my Carth team geared up and Juhani is g11 and she is critting for 3k with about 2900+ physical damage. What am I doing wrong?
  • Any thoughts on putting Juhani in a Revan Squad instead of GK?

GK cleanse and assist call is imperative. Juhani is great, but leave her with OR.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    So just got my Carth team geared up and Juhani is g11 and she is critting for 3k with about 2900+ physical damage. What am I doing wrong?

@VonZant you're using Juhani.

(j/k I don't know squat about her)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm building her right now and have her mods as 4 health, 2 tenacity. They all utilize offensive secondaries with less focus on speed. Her tenacity is at about 65% at 5 stars. I plan to run her on the old rep dot team as well. She's an interesting toon.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Hmm, my Juhani is g10 with 2911 physical dmg and she's critting for 7-8k with no buffs at all.

Maybe she just hit a tank with high D? Or she had offense down?
    Idk
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah I know. ;) but OP says she gets 9-10k basic without mods non-crit. Mine is critting level 75 toons in GA for 3-4k.

Something stinks, but it might be me.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Yeah I know. ;) but OP says she gets 9-10k basic without mods non-crit. Mine is critting level 75 toons in GA for 3-4k.

Like I said, mine is at 7-8k at g10, but also in fairness - my numbers were based on a G12+5 Juhani with 5 debuffed enemies (which buffs her dmg by 50%)...Alot of that can be made up in G12+ and the ability
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

10k basic needs G12+5 and probably 5 debuffed enemies.